Crowd Control & Diminishing Returns

Drs are fine where they are

shivins is trash

Root and knockback should be one school.
Disorient and silence should be one schools.

Classes just have too many CCs that can chain now.

They have less than any other iteration of the game. The problem is some have super strong spamable and the others are long CDs.

That’s not even close to true, any iteration of the game ??

There is less cc now than in previous xpacs.

I am not sure because I stopped after CATA, really sad then if what your saying is true the multiple spammable long term stuns in some BGs negate the whole notion of a player versus player encounter as far as interaction.

My opinion is that if your frozen you need a tool to break that stun…

I think people in general at least some do not like all these stuns.

I guess they are needed but for me any that last over 3 secs for you means youre clumsy at pvp…

Getting whittled down over a period of more than 5 secs is sort of giving the other guy an advantage … then add to that some major burst damage and it gets frustrating.

No stun is “spammable”, kidney is the longest lasting of a 25 sec cd(?). 3 of the same type off cc and you are immune.

If you are taking that many at once then your teammates needs to be doing something to help, but if you are expecting to be able to 1vX multiples then that’s pretty delusional.

Its called trinket. Use it at the right time.

I guess what I am saying is the amount of stuns and snares are incalculable and for many who play and who have left.

I played when you had a pair of trinkets, you carried two if you had the points to buy them from the pvp merchant and this was pretty ok and if you used them right you could mitigate most stuns .

Rogue may still get you but all in all it was far better than what we have now.

If the same school of logic was applied now I think it might take 48 trinkets to get the same use as two did then.

Not all world pvp involves groups and I guess that was the idea in continuously adding more disabling effects I am not sure maybe it was to help bad players beat good players.

Just seems odd to me to whittle someone down whos defenseless for most of the encounter I guess shallow victory is better than none right ?

This never happened. Unless you are talking about Every man, which was just op.

Again if you are expecting to solo multiple people then you are pretty out of touch with reality.

3 stuns and you are immune. What are you talking about? All other types of cc either break with dmg or make you immune to dmg.

Read the post, you have too many stuns snares fears and immobilization effects.

I mean if you like people to go afk while you knock them off then its your thing…

Not much difference really, kind of like being a spectator you know login and get in a encounter an watch while you get your armor knocked off LOL.

And yes you had a pair of trinkets …

You have to look them up cant include the link …

Link.com

With </> button

also again this is starting to sound like multiples on one person, and you aren’t going to win that even if you had less cc on you.

I think the number of hard cc in the game and the current DRs are fine. This list is just a reference to check against in game for hard cc and doesn’t really do a good job at making comparisons outside of the material it specifically mentions.

The majority of classes (or specs) have options to deal with being locked down (Icebound Fortitude) or support their teammates through abilities with utility (Masters Call or Ride the Wind) and have utility outside of hard cc to control the pace of the game ( Hunter Stings & Net, Disarms, etc).

Class tools (offensive and defensive utility) would be a better spot to focus on in my opinion to tone down spammable cc a bit and to separate some comps limited defensive utility from win conditions.

I don’t think we should be going back towards double trinkets or anything similar outside of racials…

The number of ccs is ridiculous … They serve mainly now to frustrate players in BGs and world PvP.

For awhile there were a lot of posts about it, various names like stun craft …

1 Like

This happens in BGs an world PVP as far as surviving multiple attacks I would make a Death Knight or Druid …

Still baseless criticism until we see a version of the game where comps have win conditions outside of “kill it in a stun.”

It means nothing when you have specs that can hold w all game and win.

Those specs that win the most use the stuns, even worse is the ones that can heal up and have immobilizing abilities.

Once you get used to tapping your finger and waiting to die thinking man this is kind of where I wish I had a cc breaker.

Cause right now this guys getting his raid rotation going…

Just me but I think you should have more cc breakers… and you could let people reapply on timeframes that if one or the other misses the use of the cc you take a chance on losing the fight.

Kind of like offense and defense in more of a Realtime, just me only an opinion…

It might make the pvp more interactive, maybe its fine …

You are the g.

Does priest silence actually DR with solar beam?

Should be. It was a WoD change that put beam on the DR. I know garrote and the rest of the category work fine but I’m not exactly out here playing spriest Boomie lol