Crowd Control & Diminishing Returns

Played it last night and seemed like silence into mass root/beam was both full duration. Someone should confirm. :grinning:

I’ll look into it when I can

Did you apply the silence after beam because beam itself is uneffected by the Dr.

There isn’t any situation afaik where you can stand in beam and not get silenced without an immunity.

So if you came out of solar beam and we’re garroted for example it should be on DR but if the reverse were true, like a priest silenced you into a root beam, then as long as your inside solar beam you’ll be silenced.

That’s why I think boomkin ww is a sleeper comp, cause fof slow in beam kills a lot of healers.

Yes, we were doing silence into mass entangle/solar beam, full duration on both.

Yeah that is normal then. Solar Beam will apply a DR but it’s not effected by the DR.

1 Like

The stuns an snares in this game a re a joke too many by far and not enough stun or snare breakers… This is like back in the day you played on dialup and lagg froze and wondered if you was gonna come back dead.

Diminishing returns on something that a thousand times overkill is useless nice study on something that needs to be totally overhauled or tossed.

How come mortal coil does not DR? Double warlock teams are absolutely nuts with the cc through mortal coil

Thank you for this comprehensive guide sir or ma’am. I a am going to give it to my guild to study

DR on RoP is weird. The larger knock backs (Thunderstorm, Explosive Trap) will prevent RoP from working, but a target who was recently RoP’d will still be affected by other knocks.

It’s because RoP works as 1 dr even if multiple bounces, like ursol vortex will trigger the dr in one go. So just have to time things.

2 Likes

speaking of knock dr, anyone know how kyrian spear from warriors works with it?

Unpopular opinion: All CC should be lumped into one DR category. It’s pretty ridiculous to be stunlocked by two or more opponents until death because of several categories of CC.

4 Likes

Absolutely agree. It’s not fun getting hit for an 8 second CC, then a second one. Not to mention interrupts and locking magic schools.

did you ever get this answered?

go play a moba or fps then, cause without cc it just becomes who can pve the best and move around.

yeah, knock dr will immunize someone to spear vortex but it won’t apply knock dr. same way rop works with dr

1 Like

I actually been seeing a lot of rop drs, looks like typhoon also is an instant dr.
I haven’t seen if it is affected by grip or thunderstorm.
I haven’t done enough testing

I won’t be able to update this until I get my forum profiles fixed. :thinking: Hopefully it’ll be before launch, if not, I’ll figure something out until then.