Cross server bgs will kill the PvP community

Recent interview said cross-server bgs are in.

I mean in terms of population / servers.
The difference between a cross realm of 16 servers or 4 are completely different contrasts.

Until we know numbers on available servers, populations, and faction splits we can’t judge whether cross-realm bgs will be good, bad, or indifferent.

No.

#nochanges

1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11 were all vanilla.

Guess what? Crbgs weren’t in most of those.

2 Likes

No changes applies far more to no cross realm.

3 Likes

And? We’re getting vanilla 1.12. not any of those other patches.

1 Like

there was no 1.0 fyi

Fair enough, point stands though

Oh really? So classic is 100% 1.12, precisely? With nothing else even slightly changed?

Couldn’t agree more. They turned it into an ESPORT type of thing, when in reality the random battlegrounds in retail offer little to no reward in participation unlike other games that have a similar system such as League of Legends or DOTA…

Having the, yeah yeah, see you next game when jimmy the dumb *** isnt on my team actually meant something when you wrote it to everyone.

Nowadays you may see the same few people in a string of BG’s, but after that? Never again. This is an MMORPG blizzard, not a MOBA or a FPS. The sooner you realize you had it right the first time, the better.

3 Likes

Classic was not static from launch until 1.11.

By that logic neither 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11 could ever be considered 100% classic. And taking 1.12 and changing it certainly is not classic.

That’s just nonsense. Classic is a recreation of vanilla wow. Meaning they can choose whatever portions of patches they like. They “chose” 1.12 because they literally don’t have any other version.

Things such as 1.5 AV. Or 1.11.

Go enjoy your PvE server without ruining my PvP.

5 Likes

Sorry a frankenpatch is not vanilla. As soon as you as for the server to exist in a state that it didn’t in vanilla you want changes. They chose vanilla for the exact reasons they stated, it’s the best and most complete version of vanilla.

The worst part of cross-realm isn’t the lack of community, its the single-meta. One main strat will take over, one main conversation will bleed from BG to BG. With small battlegroups or single server, that meta can shift locally due to no cross-pollination

1 Like

I am not the one desiring something that effects EVERYONE just so I can satisfy my ADD. Tell me about selfishness, captain irony. :roll_eyes:

And I have been quite open about my support of mechanics to help equal out faction imbalances, such as faction ratio queues. CRBGS do NOTHING to help the ratio imbalances.

That was 15 years ago. This is a chance for them to nip ratio imbalance in the bud.

You’re in luck, this is not 15 years ago, and the server pops via layering SHOULD be healthy enough to make crbgs pointless.

as opposed to you who cannot manage to wait 10 minutes.

Good luck with your fear mongering career. Sure does score you fear points.

2 Likes

They didn’t force a move though it was optional. Didn’t save all the servers either.

It would be good if they did finally just force people to move but that’s not really blizzards MO. They still haven’t ever merged realms just connected them.

Yet people seem to think blizzard will merge realms later when they do eventually die… yeah, they won’t.

This is a laughable statement coming from someone who advocates directly for changing the game via wanting servers to not reset (or FORCE movement to TBC era) after the authentic vanilla time allotment. Vanilla servers didn’t exist after the ~2 year period. YOU have already been advocating for “changes” yourself and it’s rather absurd for you to even attempt to try and play the #nochanges card on someone else… let alone when you are doing it all for a TBC era tech, designed explicitly for TBC era PvP systems, that was merely beta tested near the end of vanilla’s timeline specifically to get the system fully functional in time for TBC’s launch.

6 Likes

The devs have already said cross-server connections won’t be a thing in Classic. Why are people worried?

They’ve also already confirmed that Xrealm BGs WILL be a thing… Many people (myself included) are strongly opposed to that concept, although it probably is also inevitable.

5 Likes

WTF are you even babbling about now?

If you want to push your forced server resets agenda maybe this is not the thread?

As for the no changes card, no duh, I have always been for changes. What i’m saying is stop pretending that changing 1.12 somehow falls within the realm of #nochanges.

CRBG’s were in vanilla, they were added to vanilla for a reason. A reason that existed long before BC.

And since I’m so pro changes I would be totally cool with match making favoring same realm matches and/or giving an option at queue time for same realm only.