Cross server bgs will kill the PvP community

That’s weird then because:

I realize this isn’t specifically referring to PvP and BGs, but it speaks to their design philosophy.

1 Like

Honestly, the pro-change crowd needs to get their own project and their own forum. The core design philosophy of, and entire reason for Classic existing is to reproduce vanilla WoW as authentically as possible. You guys are just poisoning and muddying the waters with all your subjective blather.

1 Like

/shrug I have never pretended I think vanilla was a perfect game.

But I’m not hypocritical enough to pretend that a frankenpatch is vanilla when I say #nochanges.

“…as authentically as possible.”

Right so as close as 1.12 as possible.

Not oh we don’t want CRBG’s, we want AV 1.5, we want dungeons to be harder. 1.12 as is #nochange

I’m pointing out the stupidity and hypocrisy of you trying to play a #nochange card on another poster, when you blatantly advocate directly for changes in other threads. Reading isn’t that difficult.

Yes… to beta test the TBC era tech that was created for the TBC era pvp system, that needed Xrealm tech to function (as the 7 pvp divisions between 4bgs and 3 arena brackets where going to be too numerous for a single server population to manage)… It was added to vanilla because that was the only time and place to effectively beta test the tech and get it working.

Had TBC launched with it’s 7 divisions and no xrealm tech testing, and then the xrealm system gone down, it would have taken the entire tbc pvp system down with it. The ONLY time you could effectively test the system was at the end of vanilla, where with only 3 BGs dividing up a playerbase, the Xrealm tech could be safely toggled on/off if something broke without it killing PvP outright…

5 Likes

Please feel free to back that up with anything? As opposed to the fact that queue times were a very real issue for a long time in vanilla and CRBG’s were the answer to that.

2 Likes

I’m in complete agreement with you, but I understand there must be some concession to the realities and difficulties of putting old data on top of new tech, in a new online world. Which is why they said “authentic” and not “precisely the same”, because that is just not possible.

As an old editor said to me years ago when in my youthful ignorance I equated one person’s actions with that of an entire group “one sparrow does not make a flock”. One (or several) necessary changes do not justify or imply more unnecessary changes.

Well then maybe they shouldn’t have played the #nochange card in the first place :slight_smile: It’s almost like we knew we weren’t getting a time machine.

As far as I was aware, only the class design/balance and various items that got adjusted were what was the basis of Classic being 1.12. It wasn’t about the content nor the design systems like cross-realm.

How is removing CRBG’s, an addition that was deemed necessary during vanilla, a necessary change for classic? We’re not talking about a post vanilla feature.

We’re talking about a feature that was added during vanilla to address vanilla problems. Why would we not expect those problems to reappear?

Keep in mind I’m totally cool with the system trying to make same realm matches first.

How laughable, in this very thread you have someone complaining about 10 minute queues. What is very real is that there already exists a game for those riddled by ADD. Those who saw vanilla queues as an “issue” are those who would be happier in bfa.

4 Likes

Honestly (and I hate cross-realm anything), if it was in Vanilla at a specific time, I would argue as much as possible - and any new negative technical/community roll-on effects aside - that it needs to be in Classic at the same specific time.

Yes… 10 minute queue times for a BG are unreasonable when they don’t have to be.

As I’ve said other places I’m totally cool with the system allowing same realm or CRBG queuing. Are you equally cool with that option?

We’re getting vanilla 1.12, CRBG’s were in vanilla 1.12.

Who are these “they” people you keep referring to? The vast majority of (non trolls like yourself) people use no changes to mean nothing outside the vanilla timeframe. Something that you have been told numerous times, yet you attempt to pretend that you are oblivious to.

You are a sour grape troll.

“they” everyone who played the #nochange card until 1.12 was announced, then tried to change the meaning :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you ever spam #nochange before 1.12 was announced then ask for changes to 1.12?

No, I am not. The issue originates from faction imbalance, which could be combatted with faction balance queues.

Feel free to champion your crbg cancer for your pve server. It does nothing at all to help pvp servers.

2 Likes

I saw very few playing it beyond no changes beyond the vanilla timeframe prior to the 1.12 element announcements. It did not suddenly change like you allege.

I in fact support stuff like guild banks. But I am not going to sour grape troll like you if we don’t get them.

1 Like

And what do you think about classic with stop faction imbalances on pvp servers?