Cross server bgs will kill the PvP community

You are in for a rude awakening when it takes you 3 hours to find a tank for your dungeon run.

3 Likes

we still do not know the timing of how long each phase will last so depending on that I personally think this could have less affect on the pvp community if the timing is correct. That said I didn’t really get into non-WPVP until TBC by which point cross-realm bgs were all we had (besides arenas, which were also cross-realm) so maybe my option is clouded by my personal experience.

Alot of people seem to forget that before cross realm bg’s, it was common to be doing a dungeon and someone leaving randomly in the middle of it because their bg finally popped. Bg’s on some servers took an hour for ab/wsg and 4 hours for AV and this was during normal play times. Your bg would never pop in off times.

3 Likes

Agreed. Well put.

the key word there is WAS. things are different now

that was also just a number i threw out there too, they have obviously been much longer than that on many different realms. try pvp on a single realm PS some time, its very one sided on most of them

its amazing how selfish you are being about this

look at how lopsided most of the pvp realms were, one side would have long waits and the other got beat most of the time.

those are the facts that happened, and its why they changed it! it would be beyond dumb to go back to that now, just so you can recognize a few names after making everyone wait a lot longer

good luck getting AV to pop more than once a week like that too

1 Like

lol? No, it REALLY wasn’t like that at all…

You left a group hanging after they usually took 40minutes just to form and get everyone to a dungeon and you’d get instantly blacklisted by everyone in the group in vanilla for being a complete *feminine hygiene product

Why on earth would anyone want to even bother inviting some clown who would bail on the group for a bg queu, lol.

Three things here:

1. Just no… World pvp dies once BGs are out because the real pvpers are all spamming bgs for to rank up, and no self respecting person who cares about ranking wants to risk getting a dishonorable Kill out in the world.

2. If you are that obsessed with wPvP, you clearly aren’t doing BGs regardless, because you are tethered to a Battlemaster NPC or BG zone in, in order to queu up and don’t actually have time to get anywhere worth doing WPvP in…

3. Finally, if your entire focus is WPVP… Then frankly your opinion on what happens in BGS is and should be entirely irrelevant. What kind of system BGs have makes absolutely no difference on WPvP.

(Going to agree with you, but mostly directly this response @the thread in general)

Yeah. Before Xrealm BGs I knew every single person from both factions who did the rank 14 grind, and was familiar with dozens more who like me attempted the grind/pvped a ton, but never made it to the top.

Post xrealm bgs, it was hard to tell who was even trying for HWL on your own server, if they never ran with your personal group, because you rarely saw them in game unless they where queuing near the same battelmaster as you.

As for recognizing Xrealm randoms? Not a chance… I remember the name of EXACTLY ONE post xrealm bg guy I encountered… a NE feral druid Named Kuroma from Daggerspine… and I literally only noticed him because he was “e-famous” on the forums for being the insane person who took rank 14 on Daggerspine and THEN HELD IT for over a year (like he kept grinding at the same pace for a full year after hitting 14 just to deny other people the opportunity to hit it)… No one else was recognized, or mattered. Their guilds didn’t matter, their gear didn’t matter… They where just anonymous Xrealm trash that you’d likely never see again… just like today’s game. Community dies when players become disposable, forgettable, and entirely replaceable.

5 Likes

If you want crbg, you don’t want classic.

Classic was a community, crbg was ugly fail they added at the end prepping for TBC. It’s anti classic.

4 Likes

sorry, but that comment is so far off base its ridiculous

it was far from a “fail”, it actually got a lot more games going and therefore people playing. it was a huge success

1 Like

It killed community. So yes it was a fail.

Who cares about wow today? Nobody, because there isn’t community of people to compete anymore.

I will not play if I have to crbg.

2 Likes

vanilla wasnt even the best pvp era for wow, not by a long shot

wrath, tbc and mop were all better, and they all had crbgs. classic will be better than bfa, but it was hardly the end all be all to wow pvp

Since BG’s are entirely optional you won’t be force to use CRBG’s.

1 Like

You still trolling forums?

3 Likes

I haven’t been following X realm and Layering to much because I understood most of it is only implemented at the start of classic, til they see how the population and servers are going to pan out.

I would not want classic to have Xrealm world play, heck no. Leave that to retail live, and keep classic the retro experience we are all hoping for again with server only community and over all world game play.

As for battle-group servers, I may be a fan of. Main reason I work 10-12 hr days now, and having faster ques is a huge help for most of us that do not have much play time. Plus i never felt much of a server community experience in BGs compared to wpvp. This could be because I did start later for end game things in TBC.

I do have a question, with how ranking works which goes by player/server activity. How would this work if there is X realm bgs ?

1 Like

Honestly I’d rather we wait an find out what’s going to happen then spread speculation.

Currently as far as I know we aren’t even aware of the number of servers that will be implemented, the capacity of players, nor the amount that will actively play the game and continue through level cap.

Without those details saying cross-realm will be needed or not becomes quite futile.

That being said, one of the important things to note about not having cross realm bgs is that a lot of servers tend to be highly skewed towards one faction.
If that becomes the case, good luck getting a bg queue for either side.

If there were two servers of roughly equal population and one was 80% H / 20% A and another was 80% A / 20% I would much rather they merge both of those servers into a joint queue for bgs as opposed to the other option of simply not being able to do bgs.

1 Like

The same way it did in vanilla, your ranking will still be a server only ranking.

1 Like

Well said I agree, way to soon to tell. But then again this is when Players can speak out before they finalize everything, if its not already final.

Edited: Server implements I think they still need to adjust things once we start playing, to see how smooth it will go.

The purpose was to recreate vanilla. So, you’re wrong.

Don’t play on a low pop server? I never had que times like that on Gorgonnash which was medium pop.

Like never

1 Like

1.12 was vanilla, CRBG’s were in vanilla.