Cross server bgs will kill the PvP community

The fact that CRBGs not only ruin fun and community but also make rank grinding a complete hell unless you share the account, is something nobody seems to understand.

4 Likes

Oh no, people understand, what you don’t understand is that average person who just wants to run a BG doesn’t care about seeing the same name on the other faction. They want to you know actually be in a BG, not sitting in a queue.

Directly influenced by the gross population of a server.

Something you don’t know about.

2 Likes

Beta is nowhere indicative of or comparable to a full server, much less a server that will be likely overpopulated once layers collapse. Not to mention in beta there is no incentive to repeatedly run the BGs as there is no honor grind payoff.

2 Likes

Hmm… they weren’t? I did play on a pvp realm in vanilla an queue times were an issue.

Maybe on your realm they weren’t?

No, that’s why Blizzard added crossrealm.

In Vanilla.

You’re in denial bub.

1.12 is vanilla.

1 Like

Yes it is, it’s comparable in the sense that faction ratios are the same. There will be a large horde population on pvp servers and a large alliance population on pve servers. Both server types would get much longer queues (or none at all) without cr bgs.

Wrong again. People have already grinded out rank 6 to gain access to the officers hall. And the incentive to repeatedly run bgs is because it’s fun. This isn’t BFA.

No…I had friends that played on one of the original RP servers, Feathermoon. At the time they had a huge population. Their queue times were always 45 minutes are more.

Had nothing to do with population, but with play styles/preferences.

Beta has very few people in it.

Two servers grouped would be fine I think, cut ques in half or more, but having the old system with 16 means zero community. Classic has a large emphasis on community, xrbg should be no different.

3 Likes

Nobody complained about it?

How can you possibly say we didn’t play vanilla, and you did, and nobody complained about cross realm lol. Good luck with that.

1 Like

Cross realm BGs to PVPers is the same thing as adding cross realm LFD and LFR to PVEers.

Get it yet?

It turns pvp into a nameless faceless endless grind. You know nobody around you, Horde or alliance.

5 Likes

Seconded. 12 hours of instaqueue is completely different from 12 hours of moderate queue, and not in a good way.

2 Likes

You won’t have a PvP community if it takes 15 minutes to get into a BG. Only people it’s gonna hurt is those who think it’s fun to have complete control over BG’s by running fully geared premades against pugs.

Bull****, it wasn’t like it is now where battlegroups aren’t a thing. When groups existed you were in a limited pool and there was potential to see people more than once. It even created its own dynamic because realms then started having reputations. I recall when I saw people from Illidan you knew you were probably about to get stomped because most people from there were really highly rated arena players.

Uhhh no, it just means you will end up in BG’s where not every* player is from your realm. Once you’re out of it, you’re right back in the niche of your server. With the limited pools that come from battelgroups you will have minimum a few people from your realm still. If you’re so against lobby based gameplay, why do you even care about battlegrounds then? You’re mister hardcore this is an MMORPG community I want my conflicts to be personal…and yet you’re as lazy as to queue to be dumped into an instance to PvP against and with people you know instead of going out into the open world and hunting them down like…lol.

If you’re so against anything that’s anti MMORPG/community then you should be against the very nature of BG’s in which case don’t queue for them. Some of us however it’s what we’ll mainly be doing and would like to get into more than like 1-2 BG’s a day because after we get out of one we’re stuck waiting 45 mins for the next. Imagine if world PvP had a wait time where every player you killed you had to wait 45 minutes to kill another. That’s kinda how a lot of people who predominately BG will get screwed.

And that won’t magically go away because of CRBG’s you’ll just start those with people on a small selection of different realms in a very, very, limited area that it’ll happen and because of that you can decide if you wanna participate in that or not. Or hell, I’ll compensate, maybe Blizzard can add a premade vs premade queue where you’re only groups with or against people from your realm. I on the otherhand wanna hit some BG’s, but if the 45 min wait is worth it to you, then you’ve got that option.

CRBGs make it even easier to do that because even more solo queues queue up.

2 Likes

Yes, but that wasn’t my point, the point is because they have a larger pool who the premades would be going against you get a break because you have a higher chance to dodge premades.

CRBG’s ruin community

What’s so anti community about spamming for a premade on your server? Doesn’t it make it more community driven if you wanna see people from your realm consistently in BG’s that you have to find groups locally to queue with? There you go, you’ll consistently see people from your realm every BG. Want the opposing faction to always be native too? World PvP. World PvP not consistent enough? Think twice about how not having CRBG’s will screw over BG’ers.

Or you could, I dunno, put together your own premade?

Join a pvp guild?

3 Likes

I don’t get it who is CRBGs hurting by whatever you’re saying?