Cross server bgs will kill the PvP community

/shrug Except they’re not. BG’s were always an instanced system with a queuing mechanism. Changing the queuing mechanism to be cross realm just means it works better on realms where queue times were bad.

Or the queuing system that allows queuing solo should support queuing solo :slight_smile:

Really it should have worked the same way the system did in WC3, you join as a group you get matched against a group, you join for random team you get matched against random team.

You could make the innkeeper/meeting stone form parties across servers, or just make your own dungeon premade.

I find it absolutely hilarious that people can be ok with CRBG, but are perfectly ok with spending 35 to 45 min in trade chat to form a pug dungeon run.

4 Likes

What’s with the notion that BGs are meant to pop the moment you join the queue and that you should be able to run them non-stop anyway? When did that start?

5 Likes

Probably the moment marks of honor appeared and forced you to speed run repeated BGs to accumulate honor efficiently.

MoHs were a horrible decision, on par with CRBGs.

So many things are clear in hindsight, but blizzard has decided to trudge right along repeating the history of bad decisions.

2 Likes

Congrats then lol.

Some didn’t have issues with Q’s some did." you might have be on the side with less players" so you always got in lol.

You can’t blame CRBG’s for the sever community… The Community are the players… Not the game… or a part of the game…
Do you blame harder raids for killing guilds?? Yes??.. Then you are wrong… You should blame the players in the guild for giving up… Something gets hard and you cry and stop? no…

The long Q’s did open up the running around SW, IF,Org, w/e and doing stuff…you are right… but it does not hurt the community…

Cross Realm Battlegrounds killed the PvP community on my server. Think this go around I’m going to stick with PvE seems like they at least have that sort of right.

5 Likes

i hope you are just playing dumb, its not hard to figure out

servers are usually dominated by one of the two factions, especially pvp servers. this was true in the real vanilla and it still is to this day

its also true on private servers, go hop on northdale and watch how the alliance dominates and AV doesnt pop. you will also see that its hard to get full teams for lower level matches. the horde is lucky to get more than 8 people in a wsg

I don’t think it’s the same people. What is odd is that some pro change people said “yeah we hate cross realm zones, but if that zone is pvp zone than i like it”. That is completely against all logic.

We really shold not have any CrossRealm junk at all. I hate it all.

4 Likes

It’s because BG’s were always designed as a side game you could solo queue for made even more so when they added the battlemasters so you didn’t even have to go to the portal.

So yeah there’s an expectation that they won’t be taken as seriously as dungeons and that mostly people just want the queues to pop.

Dude, what part of realm faction ratio are you not grasping?
I am not talking about BGs, I am talking about

REALM FACTION RATIOS ON PVP REALMS

and you have the nerve to ask me if I am “playing dumb”?

CRBGs have no positive effect on

REALM FACTION RATIOS ON PVP REALMS

Actually it was not true in Vanilla. The PVP servers were not flawlessly balanced but the Q’s were reasonable on most PVP realms (not all).

Additionally the PVP realms were reasonably balanced, not flawlessly balanced.

Reasonably balanced meaning at least a 60 / 40 split; that’s good enough that no one is getting absolutely steam rolled and the Q’s are at least respectable in the 10 to 15 min range. (on typical PVP realms).

The only people begging for CRBG’s are the people who experienced massively imbalanced servers because they were either on a PVE realm or one of the very few imbalanced PVP servers, and those were very rare.

2 Likes

You mean like the omnipresent troll who intends to play on a PVE realm?
(the guy right below your post)

2 Likes

um dude

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BGS!@!!!

i guess you are not playing and its true lmao

Fully agreed, it’s not at all in the spirit of Classic WoW to have Cross realm anything.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that CRBG’s were added just before TBC as a trial to tweak the system…

With out the CRBG system Arena could have never worked out; and as such CRBG had to be implemented and tested (because blizzard cared about quality back in Vanilla / TBC.

Now days these guys don’t understand that sort of concept (the players)…

2 Likes

yes it was true. many, many realms had a heavy faction bias

This thread is about CRBGs and their effect on the game’s community.

2 Likes

its funny how far out there you guys are. calling me a troll for wanting a feature that blizzard is actually give us

you should have known we were getting them months ago when they said it would be 1.12

Most of those imbalanced realms were PVE realms; that’s the point I was making here…

PVE realms are imbalanced because most PVE only hero’s play Alliance, and Horde is rare.

PVP realms are typically (not always) reasonably balanced, and as such typically do not gain anything from CRBG; instead they suffer from CRBG.

I did not call you a troll, I simply told you that PVP realms are usually (not always) balanced to a reasonable degree and that CRBG’s are not a solution to long PVP Q’s because they actually make faction balance worse.

Additionally, it’s not 1.12, its a franken patch based on 1.12.

2 Likes