Cross server bgs will kill the PvP community

I think that if they could use better matching, and focus on “intra-server” match ups until a certain amount of time has passed, this would align the groups with playing the other people on the server far more often.

OK, you are going to have to substantiate this claim. CRBGs have ZERO positive impact on realm faction ratio imbalance.

3 Likes

Two server battlegroups are a reasonable compromise I think.

16 is pure madness, and a deletion of the pvp community.

I sincerely hope blizzard reconsiders this…

3 Likes

Choose a server without low population.

1 Like

This is abject nonsense and you know it. It goes directly against blizzards stated purpose for creating classic.

2 Likes

Has nothing to do with server population. Has to do with the number of people that want to run BGs.

…which is directly correlated with server population. C’mon man

CRBG’s were added to vanilla to address a vanilla problem, they are a vanilla solution to a vanilla problem. And as such are 100% authentic.

2 Likes

World pvp and having a pvp community being a “problem” is clearly the subject of debate.

We get it, you don’t like these things, that’s why Blizzard made pve servers, just for people like you!

1 Like

Queue times were an issue on pvp servers as well :slight_smile:

Not one I ever saw

2 Likes

Then you weren’t paying attention :slight_smile:

All I did was pvp, never entered MC or collected the valor set

1 Like

You realize there were multiple realms in vanilla? And will be in classic?

I’m staying on pserver if I have to crbg.

3 Likes

If any of you were on beta you’d know that the pve server wouldn’t get any bg pops if the cross realm bg system wasn’t in place. And the horde would have even longer queues than they already do. Some of their wsg and ab queues were many hours long. The worst I saw was a 10 hour AB queue for sony digital lol.

Cr BGs are 100% needed and they were in vanilla. It’s going to happen.

I played during the “REAL” vanilla and I think its fine. Its cool to have that bg rivalry but I think whats better is having that open world pvp rivalry. Besides, if the battlegroups are small enough chances are you’ll see a lot of the same faces in BGs.

you realize that this was implemented in Vanilla right? It was a later patch but this was a thing already in Vanilla and nobody complained about it. Did you not play Vanilla or something? This was a QoL change and its fine.

I started in 1.12 vanilla, I felt a sense of community and enjoyed good pvp with rivals until about mid wrath.

I was on Aman’thul (vanilla) and then to Caelastrasz (TBC onward), which was part of Bloodlust and telling you now, BG9 was brutal.

So no, you’re wrong.

Cross realm bgs are part of the reason I have no interest in pvp in Classic. If I wanted to grind on (and alongside) random strangers I’d play BfA.

I still remember the day cross realm bgs were added in Vanilla. I instantly went from knowing almost everyone to knowing no one. It killed my enthusiasm for doing bgs. Just another example of ‘convenience’ replacing immersion and community.

5 Likes