Cross Realm Mythic Release - Alliance @ 98/100

Then why do Alliance need AOO at all to even pvp? Based on your argument no reward should be given period.

Moving past that point AOO motivates alliance to create raid pvp groups while there is no equal motivation for the horde thus skewing the scales. Sure the population may now be even but there are for example 1000 alliance 40 player raid groups totaling 40000 players in PvP gathered in one zone, quest, or flight point. While there are just 40000 individual horde members scattered across just trying to engage in small group combat. So in any given moment there would be a 100/1 ratio of alliance to horde in concentrated areas which makes it unbalanced and not fair.

They don’t. The purpose of AOO is not to draw Alliance into war mode; it’s to drive the carebears on Horde side out of war mode. Carebears should have war mode off.

You can’t do AOO in a raid group; you won’t get completion credit. Alliance raid groups predate AOO; when you’re grossly outnumbered, you group up for mutual defense. When you outnumber the other side, you don’t bother to group up.

Sounds like a L2P problem with Horde, then?

1 Like

Except this is not what the developers said in the Q&A
Ion said that it is intended to increase Alliance participation.

But you can do this in multiple 5 man groups all concentrated in one flight point, one tortallan quest, or one area. Which is exactly what occurred.

Right give one faction the loot and rewards for grouping up and then give the other faction next to nothing for participating in their culling. I thought the alliance were against this kind of favoritism but in fact they love it, so long as they are the only ones getting it. I get it, you do not want balanced war mode. You have made that pretty clear.

Because the reward wasn’t worth the trouble. Horde greatly outnumbers Alliance and it’s no surprise that if we’re just working with randoms and random encounters, Horde are naturally going to have an edge due to the amount of forces they have at all times.

The problem is Blizzard should have never implemented these rewards to begin with. They’re attracting the wrong crowd of people that want nothing to do with World PvP. So naturally people are going to complain when PvP happens in a mode where it’s not fair because they don’t understand that it’s not supposed to be fair.

There should have been separate rewards and a currency for partaking in completing World Quests and partaking in World PvP while in warmode.

Which is why there should be a reward to join the other faction even temporarily for better rewards. I would not be against AOO if it also meant that Horde can temporarily join the Alliance to help balance things out for an equal reward. Sort of how the Dalaran Sewers work or how you can be alliance in a pvp map.

There is one thing about it being fair and another thing about PVP encouraging Massive amounts of people to camp one specific area to meet a quota for free loot. People will always do what gets them the fastest result in the easiest way and that is exactly what occurred with Alliance parties all grouping in one area, such as Tol Dagor, Flight points and Tortallan quests.

I agree with you here, but it should not be faction specific.

Ehh. Not sure that would work out that well. All I forsee are players jumping Alliance side and then there being almost no Horde to fight in the open world.

The thing is thats been happening since World PvP was a thing. I remember back in MoP when they opened up the building between Ally and Horde Shrine for dailies and the legendary cape quest. There was a Horde guild that camped it for around 6-8 hours before we grouped up with other Alliance guilds and helped clean them out.

I think it should. Because it’s you fighting the war against the opposite faction. So naturally Alliance/Horde themed rewards makes the most sense.

3 Likes

If it becomes 50/50 we have balance. If it shifts to the other side then it should be adjusted accordingly.

Yes and that was great because
1 it was a server thing so it never got completely out of hand
2 it gave both sides equal motivation to fight each other. Also you could not just decide to stop pvping, you are part of a pvp server, you cannot escape!

If its a mog I would agree. If its a currency for loot I would argue the loot can be mogged specifically but not to the point one faction has better item drops than the other. So some clarification is needed here.

Well the quest itself shifts at the start of each week. So I’m still not sure if that would be a decision that would honestly make things better.

Agreed.

I was more leaning on mogs, mounts, tabards and titles. And if they brought back Conquest Points they could tie it into World Quest completion.

If available to both for doing things Id support this.

IDK I think it might work and be better for the day to day balance then waiting 1 week, looking at the charts, then having blizzard decide what the reward should be by then. Think of how LFR rewards work for tanks and healers in so much that it incentives helping people out for a reward based off the current need.

Listen again. He said the purpose of the differential bonus was to increase Alliance participation. That’s the differential bonus, not AOO.

In another interview, he said that the purpose of AOO was to drive Horde carebears out of war mode, though he said something more polite like “people who don’t even enjoy PVP” rather than “carebears”.

The Alliance only did that for the one week when AOO offered the best gear that people were then getting. Meanwhile, the Horde did that for all of 8.0. That’s why our carebears were already out of war mode.

Both factions like things that favor them. I don’t hear any Horde wanting to give up their superior racials that is what got them the population advantage in the first place.

Like battleground mercing, that would just make the population balance worse. If the grass looks greener Alliance side, pay for a faction transfer. Otherwise, don’t complain.

If you want “fair” PVP, do battlegrounds. War mode is for unfair PVP - that’s how world PVP has always been. It’s very easy to turn war mode off now if you don’t like that.

Illidan got to 95% Horde. That’s definitely completely out of hand.

1 Like

This is a really bad idea because it would destroy guilds who want to progress as a group.

Or make it 100 guilds per region, then watch NA go into meltdown :popcorn: :stuck_out_tongue:

:roll_eyes:

this HoF thing was prob one of the worst things ever on the list implemented in BFA… might as well give guilds their specialflake title and change it to another one for those that want to do it after the curve.

1 Like

Alliance are now at 98/100. Let’s goooo Ally!

1 Like

Alliance, WM, guildless since ?Legion?; maybe dabbled in a single raid with a guild or two at the start of this xpac. Only raid with my cross-realm community. Haven’t needed a single drop from heroic in two weeks. Mythic not yet available.

I will never contribute towards these arbitrary clears, nor will any of the dozens of people I raid with. Most of them have unsubbed and don’t play while we’re waiting for cross-realm Mythic.

I’ve got 2 weeks before my current time expires. I probably won’t renew it until the new raid tier because the gearing is corruption-dependent. And corruption mechanics are cloak/vision dependent. So there’s really no reason to raid anyway I could get higher #s just buffing cloak and putting on more corruption gear; assuming Mythic gear doesn’t get the same T3 corruption effects. I’ve simmed it. Fact.

1 Like

This thread is from a year ago. Also, the current raid has 12 bosses, not 9.

1 Like

I don’t get how these necros can be anything but deliberate. How could someone accidentally find a year-old thread and comment on it?

Might have done a google search and just clicked the link from there and replied.

Google searches will turn up all sorts of old stuff on these forums.

1 Like

It’s a shame we don’t have auto-lock after 30 days of inactivity the way the EU forums are set up.

Still relevant though. But I did make a forum post for the current tier to avoid this and for every tier this expansion…

1 Like