Cross faction dispelling needs to change

Summoning, proxy groups of hunters and rogues to scout areas, really depends on the situation - describe one and I’ll give you solutions - but the tl;dr will be that there is counterplay, it just takes the raid rallying around the tank to get and keep those buffs.

I’ll agree that some methods are over the top, specifically staying logged out/dead on a priest waiting to res and dispel - but even that has counterplay involving BG queues. :wink:

And some people enjoy dispelling other peoples world buffs.

Let em enjoy things.

6 Likes

Yeah sure, and they signed up for PvP servers so it’s like, whatever but thats different you know? One is directly antagonizing someone, the other is doing their own thing.

Oh so like when someone is questing or grinding mobs or whatever and someone else comes along and ganks them?

One of them is just doing their own thing there too.

It’s just part of the PvP realm experience.

4 Likes

Yeah like I said, no big deal. I just think it’s super toxic.

Change to PVE. Problem solved.

6 Likes

Oh but I guess I’ll just throw it out there before I leave, alliance have to PvP flag to complete their Wbuff circuit, even on PvE realms, since you need to get mind controlled by the horde for WCB. (Citation needed on being MC’d during a duel not working though, can’t say I’ve ever tested that)

Either way on that last bit, you have to make yourself available to PvP combat as an ally if you want to fully buff.

Move to the raid as an entire group, have not tanks in the front, kill anyone who would try to dispel before they can.

If its not a dispel, you will just get ganked in BRM on the way to the portal, you just can’t go it alone and hope to make it through.

Post on your classic main you coward

Shoulda rolled dorf priest, fear ward is super strong, and you still get desperate prayer.

We had this discussion before:

And what benefits does being a dwarf bring to ressing after someone picks up songflower and pressing dispel every global until I die?

You get a sick beard.

I prefer +5% spirit and being able to overwrite every single renew in Naxx.

Also I prefer not being a manlet.

I agree, it is very toxic. It’s a large part of what killed Incendius.

People are going to have to learn that this isn’t pservers anymore, the casual playerbase has the option to leave and go somewhere else, and they will the second queue times and free transfers sway them away from a community they largely don’t enjoy.

When I spoke to the casuals on my current server about this, they pretty much just didn’t like the dispel aspect of it - they said they’d rather be killed. So that is the agreement the hardcore guilds and casual guilds seem to have come to.

Whether or not the casuals will come to terms with the fact they are on a PVP server and that literally means “I am OK with other players having control of my time in the game” remains to be seen.

PvP happens on PvP servers

2 Likes

This!

The road to their pve content goes through pvpville. Carebears get rekt! Carebears should be camped to pve servers.

1 Like

Yeah I kind of wish the buffs would just be fun overworld concepts you cant take into raids. Getting buffs and feeling like I cant play on my character at all is just a pretty crap gameplay loop, but trivializing a game that was trivialized by the patch and then trivialized further from Nosts version of the game, just means a game that has a small fraction of the difficulty I was expecting. One thing burns me out on a video game and thats easiness. Once downing the content is assumed I might as well quit.

Truly you should be focusing on unbuffed performance instead of world buffed max DPS parse chasing like 2 million other raiders already do.

If you learn to play without the world buffs and full consumables then you will actually have more fun and have a lot of time to do other more enjoyable stuff.

Truly the only point to those silly speed runs is to complete at the top vs the absolute best. Are you and your guild performing at that top 0.01% of players?

Most of the players I’ve talked to who are actually good players, like top 10 parsers in guilds that reflect it, say they would be fine with world buffs being removed from the game.

I had originally asked them what they thought about world buffs decaying while you’re logged out.

Stacking is just a necessary evil because of the mechanic if you’re competitive, it’s not the best way to enjoy the game for some.

I love how panicked the raiders get when they hear there are dispellers in blackrock mountain. They announce it in public channels like it’s the end of the world.

3 Likes