Crafting [Backbone] Pet Steals Unlisted Anima

I’m extremely disappointed, both in the bug, and the absolute apathy toward the players who have lost anima to it.

In short, Necrolord players eventually unlock means to craft Backbone - which costs 5 Malleable Flesh and 1 Pallid Bone to craft. Upon crafting the pet, I found that I was missing 750 Reservoir Anima, which is listed nowhere in the recipe. Upon requesting that the Anime be refunded, I’m told that because I sent the pet to another player (friend who collects pets) I am not eligible for a refund.

That response is garbage. The fact that you’ve received reports of this issue over a month ago, and still not amended either the cost in the recipe, or the bug, is garbage. The apathy from your GMs-in-name only is also garbage. Fix your game, or at least have the Backbone to empower your GMs to make amends to cover up your screwups.

1 Like

You missed General Discussion by a bit, I’m afraid. Customer Support has absolutely zero involvement with game design and are not in contact with those that do.

I’d also recommend removing the belittling, disparaging remarks if you wish to be taken seriously.

5 Likes

To be clear, the Anima cost is part of the price to craft this pet. Losing anima would be expected and not a bug.

If you would like to provide feedback about this to the game team, there are a couple of ways to get feedback and suggestions to them.

Using the in-game form is the most direct route, but if you would prefer to use the forums then finding a related forum to post in would be best. (I know they’re already looking at making this cost more visible in-game)

Since Backbone and Mu’dud are crafted companion pets, the most appropriate place for a topic about this may be the Pet Battles subform.

3 Likes

To be clear, if the Anima cost was intended to be part of the price to craft this pet, you probably ought to display it ANYWHERE in the interface to craft the pet, rather than sitting on the reported bug for over a month, and insulting my intelligence when I call you on it.

This is what the recipe displays in game. It isn’t a case of making the anima cost ‘more visible,’ as the cost is just as absent as it was when players began reporting this issue to your team a month ago. I’ll be sure to share my feedback with more folks who aren’t empowered to fix the issue though. What a joke.

Well, you’ve made a great start of that by posting here.

Seriously. As counterintuitive as it seems, the Support forum group is absolutely not where you post suggestions to the developers. Professions or Quests would be far better, because either of those forums are read by Blizzard employees whose job is to look for suggestions to the developers.

3 Likes

To be honest, I made a great start by bringing the initial issue (2 days ago) to the in-game Support whose job I understood was to fix in-game issues, but instead, I got GM Athradach, who thought their job was to bring up unrelated excuses about what I did with the piece I was overcharged for, rather than addressing the fact that I was overcharged. And then after being denied the correction there, I brought it here, where I found out that they employ folks to act as if the player is in the wrong, while sitting on a month old report of the exact issue, and a current in-game interface that immediately disproves their claim. As much as I’d love to join this merry band of effective professionals, I’m not sure tossing my hat in to the ring as unpaid QA for this extended beta is on my to-do today. It clearly won’t bring back my stolen anima.

I assume the only way to know about this cost is to read this thread. That seems a poor way to show recipe ingredient use. The right thing to do is refund the anima to those who inadvertently used it due to it not being listed as an ingredient. Luckily I’m not one of those people but I am concerned that this will happen with other recipes that I might use.

1 Like

No one is trying to insult you Tyboltt. I’m simply stating that the cost is part of crafting the pet and it is not considered a bug for your Anima total to lower when crafting it.

The UI not showing the Anima cost is something the World of Warcraft team is already addressing.

2 Likes

You understood wrong. GMs are not developers, they’re support and they use tools that are provided by the development team. From what I’ve read, they can indeed refund the cost of making this item BUT it would require taking the item back too.

In your case, you gave the item to someone else and they can’t just go take it from another player. I’m sure you can at least understand that part.

5 Likes

Or, y’know, honor the price that still hasn’t been fixed in the month this issue has been known. Heaven forbid Abom Stitching finally had a reward that wasn’t… more abom stitching.

That’s called a bug, bud. And it’s not mine to shoulder.

You have misunderstood the scope of the Game Master team. They do not fix in-game issues. That work is completed by the the WOW development team and Quality Assurance team who work together to identify and fix bugs or implement feature changes.

You were not overcharged. You were unaware of the cost, which is fair feedback but the cost is intended. You paid what you were always designed to pay.

In some cases, the Game Master team can assist if something is accidentally crafted. However, to make an exception the player requesting it must still be in possession of said item. Since you gave the item to another player, it became their property and the Game Master team would not remove it from them.

I’m sorry you’re dissatisfied with the outcome of your request, Tyboltt. Our role here is to shed some light on current policy and procedure. Again, if you would like to provide feedback to the WOW team you will need to use one of the appropriate channels to do that - covered in my initial reply.

4 Likes

From what I’m seeing the price is supposed to include the Anima. So there’s nothing to refund. Yes, it should show that as part of the cost and I certainly don’t disagree. Hopefully they’ll update the UI to show the Anima cost too.

3 Likes

If I make a mistake and list an item for sale on the auction house for a price lower than intended, and someone else buys said item, you guys would be real quick to saddle me with that fault. Why is it that when your development team misprices and item, it’s the player’s responsibility to deal with the fallout?

The exception I cited previously would be all or nothing.

Either the crafting would be completely undone and you would be refunded the full material cost, or it would not be undone. They’re not going to provide you a partial refund of the Anima cost because that cost is intended as part of the item.

Since the item was no longer in your possession, no exception would be granted.

3 Likes

The reasoning that the anima cost is a part of crafting it, combined with the fact that it is a totally HIDDEN cost is a huge problem. The conclusion that I logically come to is that anything you do in game could take away any currency you have without warning or notice. Then Blizzard could say it was an intended cost. It’s just too bad you didn’t know because you should be psychic. That is bad form. No matter how you frame it, that is what happened.

Anima takes a long time to accumulate and is used for many purposes. Blizzard is coming across as having a “shrug” we don’t care attitude with this.

I don’t care that it was intended to cost anima. I care that it was a HIDDEN cost and will not be refunded to the player who lost all the anima. This is a bad precedent to set.

2 Likes

Intent is irrelevant here. If I sold an item on the AH for 10 gold, and intended to sell it for 1000 gold, you’d laugh me out of the building. The displayed price of the item is still 5 Malleable Flesh and 1 Pallid Bone. I crafted it at that price, and you overcharged based on hidden ‘intent.’ What I did with that item afterward is genuinely none of your business.

You disagree with this policy, and that is understandable.

Again, if you would like to provide feedback for how this works there are channels available for you to direct that to the game team. However, the response you received from the Game Master team was the correct one and not something we can change for you here.

3 Likes

Per policy and ‘correct’ are not synonymous. You can operate by dumb rules, and still be incorrect.

1 Like

Yes, which is why the development team is already working on amending the issue to better show the anima cost.

1 Like