Crafting [Backbone] Pet Steals Unlisted Anima

Which does nothing for my lost 750 anima

If I went to a store and purchased a product for $50, but saw on my bank account that said store had charged me $150 and they told me that there was an additional cost they had “intended to include” so they were entitled to charge me the higher price, there would be a whole host of fraud charges brought down against them.

That’s what this is. It’s in-game fraud. You can’t sit here and say you “meant to include” something so it’s fair for you to charge it. The anima cost isn’t listed. Point blank period. We grind day in and day out to get the anima to use as we see fit.

Blizzard saying AFTER THE FACT that they meant to charge the anima doesn’t help the folks who had their anima STOLEN get it back. There is no way you can say it isn’t stolen when it is not clearly listed as a reagent for the recipe. Anyone with a decent moral compass would know that the right thing to do here would be to give back the anima to the people who crafted the recipe where it wasn’t clearly listed. I’m sure many of these people wouldn’t have crafted the recipe had they known.

1 Like

While I think most folks would agree with you, comparing real world purchases to the cost of constructing a virtual item in a video game doesn’t have the same weight.

However, let’s carry that a bit further. Say you were charged more than you thought for something at a store and so you demanded a refund. The store can likely grant you that refund but asks you to return the item you purchased. You say, oh, I gave it to my neighbor, but I want a refund anyway…

We cannot refund a cost that is intended because the cost itself is and has always been intended and is the same cost that everyone else also creating the item would have to pay.

Not listed is not the same as not intended to be part of the cost. The bug is in the display, which we’ve already established is getting corrected so that it is displayed.

I think we’re going around in circles here. The fact of the matter is that our staff will be unable to refund the Anima cost for the creation of this item and if you wish to provide feedback on the policy or the crafting display the appropriate directions have already been provided.

4 Likes