Covenants: we make our stand here and now

i don’t know. why should i have to wait 10½ month to fly? for years i could get it at max level. i play or i don’t. that’s the way it is. i have 13 120’s, and there are people with a lot more than that. how hard is it.

i think this should have been done a long time ago.

What I’m saying is that the soul-binds come bundled with the abilities. The Venthyr abilities and the Venthyr soul-binds are a package deal. I keep seeing this paranoia about Venthyr’s Door of Shadows but if you choose Door of Shadows and combo it with Theotar to increase the usability of that ability (Theotar makes door of shadows instant), you’re giving up 8-10% DPS depending on your class compared to taking another Covenant with actual DPS increasing soul-binds. This “Venthyr meta” topic is a meme with regard to Covenant-stacking.

It’s all one thing. Therefore it doesn’t make sense to judge the active without the soul-binds. Conduits are semi-related but most of the conduits, especially performance boosting conduits, work for any Covenant so they won’t be impacting the choice too significantly.

1 Like

This is kinda where I am at currently. I am all for meaningful choices with consequences… but why must that be some borrowed power I have for two years? I am against borrowed powers which seems to be the design since Legion. Give us perm class abilities similar to the xpacs of old rather than borrowed power crap.

4 Likes

What I am saying is .

Why should people be forced to make multiples of the same class / spec to play different types of content when we have been able to do it all on one toon for years.

Hey If I want to run a different class through the stuff that is one thing because the rewards for a different class especially if they are another armor class is different.

2 Likes

I want Covenants the way Blizzard has proposed them, as long as they don’t totally screw it up. I like having to really think about how that choice will affect me going forward. If I can just change whenever I feel like it won’t be as impactful.

Excel Spreadsheet gameplay doesn’t appeal to me, nor does being told what to do by Icyveins or Wowhead or whatever. Seems fun. I like fun.

Because like Ion said You are meant to have strengths and weaknesses instead of being optimal for every situation. That is the way you play rpgs, don’t like it, don’t play games whose core systems you are against.

WoW is a casual game, ion said non skill Elements will always exist so anyone tryhard who likes epeen contests shouldn’t be playing a non high skill cap game

Hell it is even more hilarious now that people point out that stacking FotM and meta builds turns content into easy mode

So a meta try hard guild that clears some boss with meta stacking is far less skilled that a guild that clears it with a balanced comp

1 Like

You do realize it is not the covenant specific abilities they want made into talents but the class specific ones .Or do you just see the word abilities and skip over the word class and go reeeeeeee

It’s both. They don’t want to lose access to Door of Shadows by picking another Covenant for its aesthetic either.

My take on all of this is the boys in finance have too much power on how the game gets designed

The way these are being implemented currently are just some ploy so they can free it up half way through the xpac and make everyone happy and want to resub because it’s all fixed so they have a good looking quarterly after the xpac hype is over

2 Likes

???

10 char

Ralph’s take is “because I’m not good at the game I don’t think anybody should be good at the game!!” and wants to take as much power out of the players hands as possible.

4 Likes

Pro tip, if you keep spamming ???'s it condenses them to 3 and you don’t have to type 10 char.

That one’s on the house

2 Likes

This take makes no financial sense whatsoever. The best possible outcome is keeping all the players currently subbed, and having them enjoy it so much they bring in more players. Pushing players away isn’t an intentional business move.

1 Like

Ralph’s take is be like me don’t try to be better just buy your cheevos like me.

3 Likes

Well his soul has been purified by a giant tree bonfire…

If you don’t want to wear a mask don’t go to the stores that require you to wear a mask.

Yeah you’d think that but from what we’ve seen we’ve got some numb skulls that aren’t playing the game calling all the shots

I don’t know in what world this makes sense

Like if they had the abilities swappable and the start I doubt we would have seen a single person say “we should lock them into covenant choice” and everyone would have been hyped

Instead now they’ve made a mess by getting a whole bunch of people thinking it’s some amazing choice and it screws over min maxers when in reality it screws over everyone

2 Likes

I like the idea. Some choices we make are permanent ones. I cannot change being a hunter. If I want to change my class, I make another toon. I have options within my class to improve it - talents, gear, buffs, whatever temporary systems are put in place for each class, etc. If covenants are similar to my choosing a class then I’m happy with that.

The only proviso I would make is that I (a) get the opportunity to test the Covenants and see which suits me best on each class and (b) that there is no significant imbalance between covenants. As long as the end result is a fun and positive one, I don’t mind my choice being significant.

1 Like

As it stand in beta for now the majority of pvpers are going to be rolling necro lord

Rogues are going to have a distinct advantage by rolling necrolord due to the sheer power of the ability vs the other ones which are frankly useless via comparison

You’ll also get to test the abilities whilst leveling!

1 Like

Probably.

I don’t actually think anyone will get screwed over. I think it’s going to be a lot of “Sky is falling” screaming and then everything works out fine because they really don’t matter as much as everyone wants them to.

1 Like