Covenants: we make our stand here and now

I want the abilities unlocked. I wish they had just been baked into the classes. The soulbinds could have been baked into the story for all to use once you meet the characters in the zones. Their reasons just don’t make any sense to me.

Furthermore I’m burnt out on the rental power systems that you have to grind out over and over with every patch. I miss the days where if i was busy irl and only wanted to raid I could do that. Now you have to do all these exterior, bolted on systems just so your class works on a weekly basis. I just want my class to be my class and my progression to come from killing bosses, whether it’s raid or dung, and my power grows with my gear.

1 Like

What choices in classic are anything resembling the covenant system?

i don’t know why people feel they have to have it all on one toon. most of those people are the exact ones that say if you want something you have to earn it. well if you want to do 3 or 4 types of content, EARN IT

i want to fly at max level. well it ain’t happening for the 4 expansion. suck it up people and put your big boy shoes on. a wise man once said, “you can’t always get what you want…”

“So get used to it or don’t”
or what
what are you gunna do about me complaining? complain?
such worthless input

1 Like

Doesn’t really matter. I have multiple toons of a few classes anyway.

For. Covenants have too wide a power difference in different levels of content to not allow them to be easily swappable.

If you play multiple specs/roles or do multiple types of content, not being able to easily and quickly switch Covenants will be a massive detriment to your gameplay.

Though my ideal situation is to scrap the power aspect of Covenants, or at the very least make them mirrors of each other, so the choice between them comes down to what aesthetic or storyline you like, or what activity you prefer.

Picking Venthyr simply because they’re the best for raiding is the most boring way of handling Covenants.

I’ve never worried intensely about what WoWhead told me to pick before Shadowlands and am not going to start now. Can’t wait to actually play the game.

3 Likes

Against, we should never have to choose between performance and aesthetic. Even if the performance is only minuscule. The abilities should have been the exact same with different skins.

3 Likes

Same here!

If you actually read my post, you should / would understand that the system I’m NOT informed about is the system I am NOT talking about, because why would I?!

Thought that would be obvious given my forewarning, but “okay bud”. Let me know when you’ve actually read my post and have something other than whatever that was to reply with.

Until then, have a nice day. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic needed yet another thread.

2 Likes

I like dialing in on a covenant, and what it comes with. I like that changing back deals a penalty of sorts to get back a’la reputation if you were hated now.

The abilities for me give it a more weighted decision which I like.

But I also played in a time where no one really had this kind of open discussion so whatever a game delivered, you saw the vision and either hated/wason the fence/ or liked it and that was that.

Discussion is healthy, showing Blizz the potential up and down sides to things is welcomed, the divide all the time is not.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly (lol)

I’m all for the covenants as a cosmetic thing you can work on throughout the expansion.

I’m not keen on the idea of anything else being tied to them. That’s just bound to create frustrating experiences for people who want to have a certain ability but may not like the aesthetic of the covenant it’s attached to.

Meaningful choice isn’t meaningful when it’s a matter of balance and gameplay. Then it becomes a choice between what you may enjoy and what performs best and that’s not meaningful that’s just frustrating.

Covenants are the next Azerite system.

2 Likes

dont care either way so long as the artwork is good i can keep playing wow barbie.

Why do we have to make a decision with covenants so quickly? Your leveling experience with Covenant A is going to be different than Covenant B and may be reversed at level cap.

Blizz doesn’t restrict players choosing talents like this and the current talent tree has been in this game since MoP.

There is a reason why people have the player agency to choose talents they feel are better for leveling and then switch to choose talents better for their preferred end game like M+, raiding, rated PVP, etc.

Where is the player agency with covenants because I am not seeing it!

5 Likes

Soul-binds are part of Covenants. Seems weird to talk about Covenants if you don’t know about soul-binds.

1 Like

Good post.

You are a valued member of the WoW community.

1 Like

Why should I or others that like to do more then one type of content be forced to make other toons for specific content because a certain covenant may be good for x content and another may be good for y content when for years we have been able to do the different content on a single toon.

People saying stuff like that come off as going we need you to make more toons to keep Blizzards MAU numbers up.

4 Likes

I can’t just talk about a part of the covenants? One of the systems?

I realize Soulbinds are a hot topic right now, and while I have nothing to input as I’d rather not say something stupid due to lack of information. That being the reason, I choose to talk about the abilities which to my knowledge is a separate system entirely from Soulbinds.

I’d understand your statement If I was talking ill-informed and spreading misinformation, but I’m honestly doing the exact opposite. I’m avoiding the subject due to lack of knowledge for the reason that I’m more… invested? into getting the abilities to be change-able. Similar to Essences or a Talent row.
(The class specific abilities, not the signature ones.)

1 Like