Covenant Abilities should be a new talent row

It’s more than we’ve gotten in the past.

10-15 keys, heroic raiding, and casual BG/warmode PvP. So no I’m not the most hardcore 1% level of player. Mine is also the type of guild that won’t exclude others for picking a certain covenant. Which is why I’m not worried at all about the system.

Yeah, so we can clearly establish here you don’t do any content that will require any kind of min-maxing to pass it. Heroic raiding has 20-30 man groups.

Mythic raid has 20. 20 set.

You pick the strongest 20 players.

See this is what blows my mind. People see others asking for a change to a system that would ultimately benefit everyone but because you are ok with the system you don’t want it to change.

3 Likes

And those mythic raiders will be whipping out their calculators and spreadsheets, and min-maxing their covenant for raiding. That’s totally fine.

Yes, because the content has tight enrage timers and dps requirements.

People want to change the system to be nothing but meaningless fluff, and that’s just boring to me. Folks here can’t handle something if it means the 1% might be slightly inconvenienced in some way.

So you agree that it’s fine if they can swap covenants then? This min-maxing is not possible without the ability to swap freely!

1 Like

Oh no no no

I wish them the best in that case. They’ll have a tough choice to make.

Didn’t you say min-maxing was fine? Why would you be against swapping covenants then.

If covenants are reduced to something that you can swap at any inn like a common talent tree, that just kills the impact of the whole system.

What choice? Being forced into something removes the choice out of the situation. This is what a lot of people like you seems to not get.

2 Likes

I’m part of the 1%? Holy crap guys I did not realise I was in the top ranking for enhancement shaman. I was shooting for like top 200 for raiding at some point but I’m already there apparently.

It’s fine if people want to pick a covenant for min-max reasons as opposed to story ones. They’ll have to make a choice whether they want to focus on their mythic raiding or their M+.

If you’re not, then why are you worrying? Pick what you enjoy and just have fun.

Yes, and what we’re saying is that it doesn’t need to be this way.

You understand what the point of this thread is? We know what the current system is about. You’ve yet to bring up a single positive of keeping them locked by the way. I’m still waiting.

2 Likes

It doesn’t for you since you do not care about character power! You can stick to your covenant for story reasons, or appearances, or whatever else!

Those who need or want to swap can swap, those who want to role-play by sticking to one can do so too! Wouldn’t it be awesome?

4 Likes

Says the person doing 10-15’s and heroic raiding. Just do whatever you want man it’s cool!

I do care about character power. I’ve repeated it here time and time again, I like the fact that our characters will be fighting differently even if they’re the same things we chose at character creation.

Do you care about being as strong as you can be then?

If so, you do not have a choice then, you will have to pick the strongest covenant. The choice is effectively removed for you.