Covenant Abilities should be a new talent row

So it was more the comp you chose and the experience of wiping 500 times which gave you the upper hand long enough to down it.

So you wouldn’t be able to point to a specific player with a specific ability for being the reason you couldn’t down it.

1 Like

Yes you can. Hell I can name 1 ability that was crucial in a previous boss in that raid that would’ve halted progression to the point of possibly quitting the raid.

1 Like

Which is??

Gorefiends Grasp on Aggramar. If you didn’t have a Blood DK on that fight, good luck.

1 Like

But he was downed without a blood dk, wasn’t he?

By who? And you’re more than welcome to provide information on which guild this was that did this. Also you’re missing the point.

1 Like

Having the ability to change talents somehow miraculously enabled you to down a boss despite re-trying 500 times, but you can’t point to a specific ability that did work because your success came from the talent of your players using those abilities.

No. Having the ability to change talents, gear, legendaries ect. ec.t enabled us to be at peak performance to maximize our chances at downing the boss. After that it’s up to us to make it happen with no roadblocks slowing us down.

Again. Gorefiends Grasp. Hell many other abilities that players had to talent into in order to kill the boss. Do you know how Mythic Aggramar worked?

1 Like

I don’t want covenant abilities.
The problems that they create are more than any enjoyment that I could get out of them.

F I X - T H E - C O R E - O F - S P E C S - B L I Z Z ! ! !

I just want my classes/specs to feel good to play again, all by themselves! The talent system has been an abject failure for years now! Spend this dev time balancing talents and giving us interesting choices.

3 Likes

So what average damage threshold did you have to meet in order to down Aggramar as a Hunter? And how did it take 500 tries to reach said threshold?

I remember the phase where Aggramar spawns a ton of adds that needed to be picked up, Gorefiends grasp made that easier, but it wasn’t necessary.

Restricting gameplay altering abilities to covenants is a bad idea. Unless they’re going to lift the restrictions on swapping covenants, this just does not sound like a good idea.

4 Likes

Argus was 500. Aggramar was around 250-300 for us. Don’t remember how much it was for others. As for damage? :man_shrugging:

That wasn’t the focus of the encounter.

So what other tank can manage all the adds with the same level of efficiency?

Man why are you still arguing with this guy, he’s delusional just give up.

Agree!

Because if a player is consistently doing 10% less than other players of their class with the same gear you recruit to replace them.

They should have just given us the old talent trees back, if they are going to scale us back to 60.

The people saying it should be changeable are not trying to take anything away from anyone. If you really want to be kyrian for example then sure go kyrian and stay it the whole expac. More power to you. It would be 100% fine if they had a special mog that you unlock after however long with one faction too.
What is not OK is having player power tied up in it.

2 Likes

This would be amazing and I would instantly buy Shadowlands if they announced this.

1 Like

I would say they’re not necessarily more impactful - just more punishing; needlessly.

As an RP/Casual - I would get the exact same value from the system if it was flexible. I gain nothing for it being restrictive and lose nothing for it being flexible.

1 Like

There are also successful MMORPG’s that don’t do this and go in the other direction. It’s not a requirement in any way.

That’s your opinion. Lot’s of people disagree with it. I, myself, as an RP/Casual player disagree with it.

If you play various content and especially if you play in various roles - then likely yes.