Covenant Abilities should be a new talent row

talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row talent row

1 Like

If this system goes live get ready for a massive exodus of players within the first month. It’s bad practice to limit players choices arbitrarily.

1 Like

Absolutely, it will even bigger than BFA fallout after everyone realised how bad Azerite was.

2 Likes

I highly doubt it. There’s always some big new thing that is going to cause everyone to quit. People are going to be mad, it’s expected at this point.

Yeah remember that silly big new thing called Azerite which was so bad that it killed the Horde OCE raiding scene completely and had the biggest exodus of players i’ve ever seen.

Haha yeah besides that people won’t quit!!

2 Likes

remember this gem

can’t wait for covenants to be fixed

4 Likes

Can I see your spreadsheet and figures on the surveys you did and found out why players quit playing?

You refused to show me proof you even participate in the games content remember?

LMAO

1 Like

Off topic. That would be a dumb reason to get a thread locked. If you’d like to have a conversation on the topic at hand then we can do so but I am not interested in actively getting a thread locked due to something like going off topic.

buddy I’ve talked about this issue plenty, and will continue to do so

Meanwhile all you can spit out that looks like a point, is “We’d like to keep some RPG in this game”, when the fact is that aspect is 1000000000% untouched and preserved if the abilities are put into a talent row.

4 Likes

Incorrect. I’d rather this stay a meaningful and critical choice rather than a talent you freely swap whenever you feel the need, especially since it’s such a huge part of the story and expansion.

The choice loses it’s “meaningfulness” by tying player power to it.

Tying player power to this decision inevitably creates frustration, social pressure, and will incite players to pick the “less bad” option. This is genuinely undeniable btw, if you try to dodge this by saying it isn’t true, you simply show your lack of understanding of the issues at hand.

Explain why this is good (hint: it isn’t)

7 Likes

Then. Lock. Yourself. In. No one is stopping you but stop trying to ruin it for the rest of us…

4 Likes

The meaningful choice tied to covenants should be the aesthetic and altered story choices of each faction. Permanently tying your power and ability to do endgame content to the system is going to punish players, making them pick between certain types of content they look forward to in the endgame, only to have it shift with different patches.

Honestly, I think Blizzard’s best option, to appease both, would be to have your abilities based on your faction for leveling. Once you unlock the World Quests and do the “uniting blank” quest, it should open up to swap the abilities, since, you should have the backing of every covenant by that point, as I understand it. You are all on the same side, so, no reason not to work together to the fullest.

2 Likes

That’s literally it right? They love to flaunt “I don’t care about how others to play” yet when presented with this argument the silence is deafening.

5 Likes

Personnaly I get wanting to lock story decisions, but there’s no reason to lock power behind them in an mmorpg other than wanting to feel the oldschool problems the game had. And it’s hypocrite moreover to claim that you won’t be able to switch (or basicly claim that they are great because they’re locked) when we already know that you will be able we just don’t know how much it will cost and how long will be time constraints.

If anything story-wise, the first meaningful choices they should lock in that would make sense is race and factions. A covenant is just a small rep that will be gone after Shadowlands.

But with what we know this seems more like a paid choices like race and factions are right now, they even compared to switching them to respecing azerith. It’s just an added cost to wanting to play how you want. This part doesn’t bring any value to the game.

1 Like

In BFA, everyone did quit. Well not everyone, but blizz went from ‘biggest preorder sales numbers ever’ to sub-3mil in like record time.

BFA launched as a poopshow. Like Timbo, I also main shaman. When i saw that even in 8.1 there were no/minimal changes, and 2/3 of our specs were poop… i was out.

Azerite was trash. Islands were trash. Warfronts were so trash that i think they were literally abandoned? Weren’t there extra warfronts announced that they flat-out didn’t release?

Shamans were largely trash. Demo/destro locks were trash. No warriors or beartanks to be found anywhere, lol.

BFA has been absolutely the biggest case of Blizz doing something a certain way, then finally improving/changing long after the ship has sailed.

There is no reason we need to wait until 9.1.5 or 9.3 or whenever for them to realize that it was dumb to lock unique powers/abilities/mobilities into a very difficult to change system. It was trash for azerite. It will be trash if this happens.

3 Likes

Yes BFA was worse than before, the only thing that saved wow was Classic like superdata proved with the wow population having doubled since then or something like that.

1 Like

Cite that source, please and thanks. The sub-3 million in record time source.

If you want to extrapolate numbers from raiding be my guess, we can’t know the perfect numbers but we can have educated guesses, which is better than just being a contrarian.

1 Like