Account bound essences would be a net positive for the game

I would agree if the loot was more meaningful like it was in EQ, were a single piece could last expansions. When they constantly change up their game and then balance around that specific power/items it causes burnout. Those of us that adult and still want to raid are gated back and lose a seat at a table. Again if this was more meaningful and would last more then a few patches I would be fine with it but it will not.

I wouldn’t mind essences at all if the process of accquiring them didn’t feel so horribly railroaded.

Want a particular essence? Go do a very specific quest-chain, dailies and WQ for a particular faction. Not at all fun to repeat.

At least if I want a piece of gear (even if I detest having to replace pieces with the same piece but of a higher ilevel every major patch) - I can run content that’s fun to repeat. Story-based quests and areas are great the first time, but repeating them in a short span of time gets grating very, very quickly.

Further, the content you do to actually get the essences, for the most part, has nothing to do with their strengths. I have to primarily DPS and kill world bosses for the healer essence, for example. Some variety would be great - maybe even a special healer challenge for the healer essence, as opposed to mind-numbing dailies.

Really, despite the issue of them being sometimes BiS in PvE, I think the PvP essences are the best designed. They provide a solid benefit in PvP, and come from PvP. Every essence should benefit you most in the content it comes from.

2 Likes

another day goes by

one day closer to account wide essences

:slight_smile:

1 Like

No justice
No peace

account wide essences when

Not happening is when.

Ion at start of BFA: “We want to make the game more alt friendly after Legion which wasn’t”

Ion before 8.2: “We are doing essences that require grinding them out on every alt”

And so the Blizzard pendulum swings from one extreme to the other.

OK Boomer :smile:

1 Like

Ion at Blizzcon: We understand BFA was alt unfriendly and we plan on doing everything to encourage more alt play… just not now… later we’ll do it.

From what preach has said everything in 8.3 is super alt friendly too.

ok boomer

3 Likes

Hopefully they do BoA essences in 8.3 and this delay is just to build hype when they announce it.

Blizzard devs are too stubborn to make this change. It doesn’t matter how clearly idiotic a system/idea is, once Blizzard implements it they will not change it.

It’s our duty though as disgruntled gamers to RISE UP.

Or just to complain!

There isn’t a whole lot of anyone rising up on this issue, it’s simply not as big as you’d like to think.

^pretty much this.

Ok boomer.

1 Like

Nice argument, it’ll take you places in life.

Ok boomer.

1 Like

Ok boomer.

1 Like

I’m not a “boomer” but if I had to pick between being a boomer and being someone who feels so entitled to have things handed to them then I’d go with a boomer. :slight_smile:

Go earn stuff.

entitled to have things handed to them
boomer eyes unable to see the three characters with rank 3 BIS essences on them

ok boomer.

1 Like

Already did it twice!

OP did it 3 times!

What about you?

Until then…

Ok boomer.