Council member goes off. A MUST READ

At this point im inclined to agree with the so called arm chair engineers.

We live in 2022, not 2004 where game development was still unknown to the mainstream.

Some of the arguments dont make any sense to me regarding the way we log in to servers, name exclusivity for one. Who cares if theres 50 davids on the server, or michael, or staghelm?

Names can be tied numerically, we already use a code for blizzards friend system.

1 Like

I love that not even the sycophants they allowed into the VIP forum are defending them anymore. Notice also how much more the devs respond there than they do here. That 1 thread has more responses from them in it than like 1,000 threads here. I really don’t know why we still have a normal forum section if they don’t want to use it and ignore most of what’s in it.

4 Likes

paying 15$ a month bud. You have every right to state your opinion and ANYONE has the right to point out facts.

12 Likes

Right, but the lesson blizzard should take is that the playerbase is dumb and to milk us for money and not even try to reason.

You aren’t a Blizzard shill? had me fooled.

1 Like

I mean, I would hope not…

These genuine/non-white knight “takes” are exactly the kind of feedback posts we need on the Community Council

3 Likes

Its thier safe place. We as the mass cant respond.

2 Likes

Pretty based poster for once. The ONLY time Blizzard will ever fix anything is if you drag them through the coals on it. The fact Danuser and Ions still running retails after the last 5 expansions a great example. Backlash was to timid and people bought the whole “be nice to muh dev” garbage.

3 Likes

I want the game to be good. I don’t care about blizzard. I think we threw away any good will of devs who actually wanted to make classic good. If you want to throw around your whole 15 a month thing have fun when they stop responding and just start introducing paid cosmetics once they stop giving a crap about the integrity of the game.

He is exactly right. They don’t care.

They. Don’t. Care. Whatever internal data they have shows that doing nothing will still make more money overall. They couldn’t possibly care less about being a good company anymore.

So we agree mistakes happen

Blizzard can fix theirs though, and they should.

The fact those two are still running this game is clear evidence there is zero accountability at Blizzard. The quality of the game means absolutely nothing. All that matters is $$$$, and a game built for whales does precisely that. And that has now infected Classic as well.

2 Likes

Careful.
No one wants Madame in their front yard.

are you calling for the devs to be gullitoned? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? this is a game grow up and go outside. wow that was fast.

Blizzard should just admit the truth, that it’s not cost effective to have 40k players on one server.

This mismanagement and neglect is my problem with this all and it’s not as if there weren’t people screaming about these problems practically everywhere for over a year. It was very clear and evident what was going on with the PVP servers.

Benediction needed to be shut down months ago, regardless of the “friend” thing, even solely based on future capacity issues. In addition, PVE to PVP transfers after Firemaw EU had the queue problems and Blizzard KNEW nothing was fixed should never have happened. So this was all bad.

As for the general comments on this thread:
As for hardware and software issues with the coding of the game itself it is hard for us and even Mispeled to really know. We aren’t working directly there. There are also piles of layers to get through and red tape in large corporations. Maybe the devs have to spin it. Which I guess was kind of said, in a way.

I do respect that Mispeled is in the industry but I wouldn’t say they can completely speak for it all without knowing the details of everything. With that being said I do not really trust Blizzard either and their server mismanagement is a big part of that.

The automated silences are a weird thing to bring up because I’d expect someone on the CC to know about this without relying on some sensationalizing streamer to educate them on very basic things known by anyone paying the smallest amount of attention. I guess people don’t know everything. People keep bringing up things that have been part of the game for years and acting like they are new things. That part is weird.

I also thought the response time of a week was ok so I don’t agree with that part of the post either. Free transfers were opened very shortly after the queues started. So they did something.

1 Like

Yeah, the automated mute from right-click player reports has been in the game since 2007 and it’s like people are thinking this is something relatively new. I’ve never seen this much misinformation, disinformation and downright vitriol in the community in over 15 years of playing this game.

This community now looks like the political side of Twitter.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the one that gets me. People acting like the mute thing is new. It’s not the first time but a streamer brings something up and it’s like the sky is falling.

Somehow it seems like I know way more than most people do about things like this with this game and it’s honestly strange.

The money we spend every month is real. These queues are unacceptable and a company who gave a damn would have had the infrastructure ready to alleviate them.

You dont know what youre talking about.

3 Likes

Benediction happened because of lopsided servers. People left and went to where they could recruit players for their raid. Needless to say the horde then left those same servers and went elsewhere too.

Wpvp is great but if you want to maintain a healthy server you have to show some restraint instead of kill everything red.