Council member goes off. A MUST READ

Then pay for a different game?

2 Likes

They probably won’t, but only because of how bad it would look.

He’s completely right as far as how little Blizz seems to care about Classic. The pathetic lack of resources and time given to the project. It exists simply to milk the playerbase with as little effort as possible.

Hard to imagine a company treats its past success with so little respect. As well as their playerbase, who clearly mean nothing more to Blizz than a credit card number.

2 Likes

It looks like Blizzard have been caught with their pants down, I don’t imagine they will be making a public apology.

3 Likes

We’re getting a lot of decisions based on the optics these days.

I’m frustrated too. I’ve been fortunate to be able to dodge the queue monster most days but my guild members are getting really upset about being MIA. We are considering paying to transfer to the server of our choosing since Blizz can’t even consider allowing the playerbase to rebalance itself without a fee.

So what you are saying is that I should simply nod to them and thanks them for doing the bare minimum yet again?

13 Likes

We also need to know what they plan on doing after wrath.

like you said this is a cash cow. Something that blizz needs to keep going to look good for their shareholders.

Blizzard lies. They didn’t use to be as blatant as they are now, but now they say whatever suits their agenda. They have no credibility left.

9 Likes

I’m all for leaving mega servers, but the way they have treated servers with low pop/ out numbered horde ally ratio I have no interest in moving to a server for radio silence in the future.

Blizzard has left servers to rot in the past and I don’t believe they will do anything when the smaller servers start to go down hill in future.

2 Likes

They have enough whale fanboys that it doesn’t matter.

Oh, I 100% agree that Blizzard is so 100% profits driven it’s sickening. People like to say that companies are about making money so what do you expect, but they seem to use this as a get out of jail free card to justify blatantly disgusting behavior that negatively impacts the customer experience. You can have both a profitable company and a good customer experience. If a company gives off the impression of caring about their customer base it’s fine that customers react by opening their wallets, but when it doesn’t feel like that everything that results in them making money is just viewed negatively.

We shouldn’t have gotten here. The devs themselves are really not at fault, they have probably asked for more resources and have been denied because their monetization model doesn’t allow for it.

3 Likes

how did nostalrius do it then? i never played it but was it multiple servers? was it full of bugs and issues and server problems? from what i read it seemed decently stable for hosting somewhere in the ball park of 15k during peak. Again thats just googled information i dont know :poop:. I am legit asking.

1 Like

Or try to be reasonable, someone on reddit called you out for being incorrect already about the scaling servers. It would potentially cost them millions of dollars to fix the problem at this point. So screaming and crying “wahhh” is gonna fix the issue now? They already screwed up, the point is to try to take reasonable steps now to make it better. Not just cry and scream when they admit they made mistakes and are trying to fix it. It is probably not worth it to them to put 5 million dollars into classic to fix an issue that will last like 2-3 months. You’re right that they don’t care as much as you want them too… well cool. Now go knock on bobby kotick’s door(who already cashed out and doesnt give a f about you) and tell him that.

1 Like

Ain’t that the truth.

There is no reasoning, their solutions are we pay them or we stop playing. It’s not up to US to fix THEIR problem.

If they want people paying to play this game then it needs to be functional, there’s no compromise that’s acceptable for a problem THEY caused.

9 Likes

Dang he channeled all our rage like a spirit bomb and just chucked it at blizz

13 Likes

Oh no a Redditor called him out.

case close Redditers are always correct.

9 Likes

They literally are a business and they do not care about you as an individual. If they lose 10000 subs but save millions then they don’t care. The guy replying to the community council is probably not the one making those decisions, it’s some dude who doesn’t even know what wow is high up in the chain.

I get it. There was a time in my life when I though Blizzard was the best gaming company in the world and could do no wrong. Those days are gone. Long gone.

6 Likes

No.
They used their position to advocate for the playerbase and give voice to what many others have already said. Aggrend posted in a forum that you and I cannot respond or interact with directly. Mispeled has that ability and did so on their own behalf as well as ours.

I am appreciative of that.

6 Likes

tag your sarcasm
there’s true believers out there
:roll_eyes: