Could Blizzard Please Remove the Trust Level System?

That has nothing to do with trust level that has to do with whether you are part of the council or not…not your standing on the forums.

The selection process won’t be bias towards who can or can’t be trusted on the forum then?

We have no idea…they’ve got a form for anyone in the game to fill out to apply for it. I wouldn’t think it would factor in…I’m trust level 3 and I sure as hell wouldn’t want that to factor in to whether they accept me if I applied for that stuff.

1 Like

Put a ` before and after the link.

1 Like

What this person said. Just put the URL text you want to share in between this symbol: `

You can link twitter or wowhead freely.

However, seeing as the article was 3 days ago, you should assume it’s been discussed many times.

They won’t as the pc babies are here.

Having a “Trust level” system doesn’t seem like a bad idea to me. However, and someone can correct me if I’m wrong about this, I feel like I remember hearing that one of the requirements for Trust Level 3 was reading some ridiculous number of posts within your recent history on the forum (the system registering you as “reading” a post when your browser window lingers on it for a long enough period rather than scrolling past it).

That doesn’t seem like it should be a requirement to me. I could see active participation level / length of time you’ve been active as reasonable requirements. The pure number of posts you’ve “read” recently, at least when it’s set really high, seems like an unhealthy requirement.

If I’m misremembering though about that being a requirement, let me know.

Hey bringing happiness isn’t to be underestimated!

1 Like

The only thing this forum has over the old forums is the ability to update in real time and not have to go through the whole refreshing when you were looking to see if someone responded thing.

Otherwise, these forums are much worse, and the removal of the downvote button among other choices is questionable at best.

It is more complicated than that. There is a sticky at the top of the forum by OW MVP WyomingMist (Siyanati) that goes into the details of it. Those can be shuffled, but you will get the basic idea. It is days active, posts read, likes given, avoiding getting suspended, etc.

If you are curious, check the Forum Guide I mentioned.

Ah, just checked it.

The number I couldn’t remember was 20,000 posts read of posts created in the last 100 days. That’s the requirement that seemed really off to me.

What do you mean by shuffled? Shuffling to me sounds like a term for cycling in and out requirements, but it doesn’t look sound like the requirements change.

I mean that the number of posts read and things like that can be changed by Blizzard. So while a very busy forum might have 20K, a very slow one like D3 has less. You can’t read 20k posts if there are not 20k posts to even read! The TL permissions are per game forum so it makes sense.

Ah, that does make sense. Shuffling the requirements based on the pace of the forum.

From the stand point of an individual though, I still think the viewing of 20k posts thing isn’t a good requirement, even for a forum that has enough posting to support the number. Someone viewing that many posts would probably just be spam-scrolling their way through to hit trust level 3, lingering on each post just to register it as “read,” without actually reading it with any intent to meaningfully engage.

I’d probably take the “views” out of the equation entirely, and base it solely on active participation rather than passive participation.

That’s very true! Happiness bringers are needed. :relieved:

Not to use you in particular - just an example of this mentioned.

Isn’t bullying in a way? I think so. To see the amount of down votes stack up on posts that don’t deserve and are merely used as a tool against people they don’t like…it just hasn’t worked on smaller forums.

Downvotes would be fine imo if you couldn’t like/dislike on more than 1 character per account and if downvotes also displayed who downvoted like the current like system

Being able to like or dislike on alts is awful though

1 Like

I don’t think downvoting is in any way shape or form bullying. People voicing disagreements and down voting are the same things. They would just have to make sure they eliminate the nonsense of doing it more than once per account.

1 Like

Pretty good idea, but they can’t even stop flags from same account with multiple alts.

1 Like

Unfortunately :’(