Could Blizzard Please Remove the Trust Level System?

I was going to post a link to a news article about Jen Oneal leaving Acti-Blizz, but nope, I still couldn’t post links cuz I don’t have TL3.

In the old forums, there was no trust level. Why would blizzard implement this in the first place? There wasn’t much trouble in the pre-BfA forums that resulted in this.

This is just ridiculous.

23 Likes

It would be nice to have the down vote button back too,but I guess they love to review all the false flags, gives um something to do.

15 Likes

I mean… you could also just go into one of the many already existing conversations about it instead of trying to make your own special topic that isn’t any different also. Bet you someone already has the link up in those topics.

2 Likes

First do a search to see if there is another thread discussing what you want. There are in fact already more than one thread on that topic.

Correct. NOBODY could link to anything that was not Blizzard’s internal website pages. You could not post that article on the old forums either. They do this to prevent links to abusive sites and malware.

Blizzard did not really. It comes with the Discourse software package.

Instead of forbidding us all from posting any clickable links, we can earn the ability to do it.

P.S. if you want to make a link someone can copy paste, just highlight it and use the preformatted text button at the top of the post </>

Edited for spelling Discourse as Discord! Huge mistake. Not the same thing.

14 Likes

Oh really? I never knew that.

You’re not missing much. I just insert.image here with the ``

In fact I find myself typing more now that I’ve been demoted. And all these topics are getting redundant now. It helps to start typing what you want in the title and it will start to populate similar made topics on the right side of the screen (at least it does for me).

I rarely find a unique topic anymore; it’s as if everyone wants to have their own post about whatever hot button topic comes out. To the point that you have 50 mega troll threads that go way off topic or descend into personal attacks and then (like me) make the mistake of trying to be funny.

2 Likes

*Discourse :wink:

You may have meant Discourse there :wink:

Yes, yes I did mean that. I honestly looked at it twice and still thought I had it right Ugh. Proof reading is better with others.

Thank you! Will go edit.

1 Like

I like the TL system in theory, but it really needs to be tweaked a bit. I think a lot of folks in these forums have interesting, helpful and/or entertaining links and images to share if they could.

Granted, if I had sufficient privileges myself, I’d probably only use them to post funny images, 'cause I’m not incredibly helpful or useful… lol… :relieved:

I figured we didn’t want people spreading a rumor and trying to be outraged that Blizz teamed up with Discord or something silly like that. lol

1 Like

I like it pretty much all the time. The older forums had no clickable outside links, images, gifs, etc. None at all.

The Blizz folks can alter the requirements so that a forum that is slow and quiet has lower requiremetns to hit TL3 there.

What my fav thing at TL 3 is? Wiki posts. You can make a Wiki post that other TL3 folks can help edit and maintain. It can be a guide, a story setting on the RP forum, A guild recruitment post, etc.

That way it takes some of the pressure off one person to maintain it. I am not sure how many people actually USE that feature, or know about it.

1 Like

They did what?! :scream: We have to riot about this!

I demand torches, pitchforks, and snacks in case we get hungry. But only to fuel the anger even more

3 Likes

That’s great. I’m really happy that you like it all the time. :+1:

Well this is a grey thing for me to say, these days majority of my posts that get buried get restored on this forum…we are normally not meant to talk about forum action against us, but in this case it’s not really action against me, it’s them acting in support of me and what I am saying kind of…

Like I don’t know if the community thinks I am trolling or what the deal is, but some of the topics that the community hasn’t liked me saying are;

1-Sylvanas/Jailer topics and exploring the mystery of the afterlife, and exploring some morally grey choices.

2-That the changes in 9.1.5 are good for the community, as it’s about respect to me and social evolution etc.

3-More recently, was asking everyone about Boosters, I checked my OP, didn’t see anything wrong with what I said, the topic had been going for days, crazy stuff.

Fact is, when get majority of my topics restored, makes me think the only reason I am not Trust Level 3 is because of the forum community gets peeved off with me…but the company itself is okay with the majority of things I am saying.

I think perhaps it’s time to consider that allowing the community to police itself is a bit of a failed experiment maybe…

Where’s my snacks in discord? I never see any

Trust level system is an odd way to keep you engaged in the forums.
A crappy system brought to you by the company that brought you SL lol

3 Likes

3 Likes

No, not really. Discourse is the company that makes the forum software. Blizz used to make their own, but stopped.

The trust system is one of the core features of the software.

Did you prefer the old system without trust levels? Where we could never post any images, clickable links outside Blizz, etc?

2 Likes

The trust system is just the tip of the iceberg. I’ve had 80% of my posts deleted.
It’s a subjective system.