Could Blizzard Please Remove the Trust Level System?

But… they did team up with Discord didn’t they? That’s what powers the groups thing on the Bnet Launcher isn’t it?

Not at all. That’s their own creation. It has nothing to do with Discord.

Your posts get removed if:

• You participate in a thread that is a dumpster fire of insults, trolling etc. The whole thing can get nuked.
  • Your individual posts get reported and a mod agrees that they broke the rules.

I get plenty removed myself but not suspended. Mine are just in threads that get nuked.

That is their own system, it does not tie into Discord that I know of. It has similar features though.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a good idea to let just anyone post links and images.

3 Likes

So it’s like a private community that has zero to do with anybody else who plays the game? Am I missing something here?

Yes! It is not private at all. I mean YOU (if you are TL3) could make a wiki post/thread and other TL folks could help with it. It is public. As in you can make Wikis HERE on this forum.

The software has a lot of features and most people don’t read the details about it.

So, basically, open the forum to a whole lot of exploitation because one person thinks it is excessive.

Just looking around we can see why trust levels exist and why they are important.

Trust is meant to be broken, otherwise why give out trust in the first place?

So is it by and for people with trust level 3? Like yet another private subcommunity?

In this forum, posting funny images is incredibly helpful and useful :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

1 Like

No sense at all.

Trust is the opposite of distrust. IT is a measure of how much you take from the trusted object by the trust alone. It is exactly the definition of given something in return for something else, in this case, giving features in return of a certain pattern of behavior that shows you might follow that pattern in the future.

There is no sense in saying “rules are meant to be broken” or “trust is meant to be broken” other than it being a phrase people say that means anything, just besides “everyone is special” and “freedom is always good”.

And to show my application of trust levels, your trust level with me was changed to ignored…

We agree to terms of use which has guidelines to follow.

You are not getting it.

This is a Wiki thread https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/list-of-all-wings-cosmetics-pets-and-promos/61

The first post can only be edited by TL 3 folks.

ANYONE else can reply to the thread, ask questions, suggest content, point out errors.

I was responding to what you wrote. I know what wikis are. Your description made it sound like a private venue for people with TL3.

Then that is my fault if I was not clear. I was trying to say that TL 3 and the Discourse software has some cool features that benefit everyone.

It is public, and posting here on these forums, as I said before.

I think that is comming next with the special Community team.

Well, you can’t post there if you are not in the Council. However, you can view all the posts made there and discuss it here.

Unlike past versions that were super secret.

I had thought it also mentioned about another special part of the forum that is not open to the public view?

That will only be for council members. Maybe another forum or a discord server perhaps :man_shrugging:

Wouldnt that then tie in with the whole trust level system we hearing about?