Cost of Warband bank is ludicrous!

The average player can get several bank tabs quite easily.

Not all of them and 100k is a stretch for some.

2 Likes

Clearly.
Ive had players asking to borrow a few hundred gold for bags and crap they evidently didnt have the gold for.
1000 for the first tab is fine. 25k for the second? lmao…Ive got enough to buy a number of the tabs.
I wont, however.
This isnt a feature…this is a gold sink.

Its typical in here to see some players actually defending when Ion pulls this kind of crap. Feels like ActiBliz investors in here talking half the time, lol.
Keep em playin, boyz. lmao

1 Like

i bought the first tab but i cant afford the 2nd tab yet, 100g is crazy amount of gold for someone starting out

ps, i almost feel like charlie in math class from willy wonka… people talking about 100k+ and im only taking 100g

1 Like

Evidently a New Years Eve goal he set for himself about a decade ago. lol.

It’s also not a gold sink. They’ve admitted before that pricing stuff this high actually gets rid of less gold than lower prices. They do it just to make it hard to get.

I’m actually curious what everyone plans on storing in their account wide bank that they need 5 slots for? The prices are high, but I expected that. I realise not everyone did, so that’s an unshared opinion.

I don’t collect a lot of things that I would share across my characters and neither do the people I play with, so I’m generally curious.

(I do collect a ton of stuff, just not that I would put in my Warband bank.)

Its all much easier to setup and organize if you start out with all the tabs you think you’ll buy. Its not like we earn interest on the gold we keep in our accounts. Last tab was too pricey for me, but the first four weren’t any big issue.

The only negative I’ve experienced is that the various banking addons aren’t yet ready to read and report the warband bank part of inventory. meh.

World of Warcraft needs long term goals. We have to stop treating every patch like it disappears in 8 weeks, and acting like Blizzard is “forcing” is to complete the new content in that time frame.

Annual/recurring events on a schedule with rewards are good. Achievements that take months or years to complete are good. And the Warband bank requiring a long term investment from the majority of players is good.

3 Likes

Same. I mean, I can’t imagine needing to store 8 tabs worth of crap anyways.

Yeah, if you are using this for anything other than “direct access to mats for things like crafting” and shared gold, not sure what else you would be using it for? I could see if you have characters in different guilds and want the convenience I guess of a shared bank, but wow, that’s some expensive convenience.

2 Likes

I dumped my reagent bank on the AH weeks ago. Now I can afford warband bank tabs. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Thats not an argument for such absurdly high tab costs.
This was supposed to be a FEATURE, not a gold sink,

And what we’d use them for is STORING more of our crap. This wasnt even remotely complex.

literally the point…its a shared bank…no more need for finding guild charter signatures…well…WOULD have been had Ion not yet again turned a FEATURE into a horrificly absurd gold sink…

1 Like

Wow you got really hostile over a simple question. I was just curious. But if you’re going to come off with hostility than so be it.

I’ll end with this before you blow your top. You can create as many characters as you want and store as much of your “crap” as you want. Don’t complain about a feauture that was meant for the sake of storing items that you would presumably use on ALL your characters. Also, just because its a feature doesn’t mean it’s free. Idk why you’re so entitled to think a feature is free when storage/bag space/etc have never been free. They also lack the versatility and use that a Warband Bank has.

Anyways, have a good one.

1 Like

no…you all just need to stop projecting your own emotional state into everyone elses posts. lol

uh…yeah? Ive ALWAYS been able to do that, lol.
This is a FEATURE…again…easy math here. It was supposed to give us a SHARED bank account…you know…to STORE stuff lol.

My having ALWAYS been able to make new alts to store crap in alt bank accounts in NO WAY JUSTIFIES this INSANE level of gouging for these new bank tabs.

Sounds like more excuse making for Ion and crew and their BAD decision making processes.

In my case I already have a personal guild bank, all of my play is solo so my guild is literally MY GUILD. :smiley: I’ve got 7 tabs there, only because I think the 8th requires more characters than I previously had, but I should check that with the recent count update.

But the reality is, I’m going to have well over 50 70s by the start of the expansion (hello ReMOP) and I enjoy tradeskills, and I hate moving stuff around to use. So for me the warbank is basically a giant shared ‘reagent tab’. I bought the first 3 tabs yesterday on one of my “mains”, had plenty of gold for that, and it’s enough for now.

When I get ore, or cloth, or other things like that, I can simply dump into the warbank. It’s interesting too, I found out you can deposit into one tab and it will overflow into the next tabs, which is a feature guild banks don’t have. Whats funny is that part of the reason I bought it yesterday is I was wanting to do the engineering weekly and my ore had been put back in the guild bank as I was shuffling stuff around, I went to go get it, and thought “hey I’ll check to see if that other character is still using the warband bank (lol)” and it was available now. So I bought some tabs, moved some mats, and was good to go. Very handy.

It still has the same limitation that the reagent tab does tho: If you have mats that combine and break down, uhh…forgetting the name, but the element stuff this xpac, the earth/fire/air/whatever things, they combine from 10 to 1 and back, but if you have them stored combined in the reagent tab/warband-bank you can’t break them down remotely. So you have to waste storage space storing them broken down to use them. It’s a stupid system that way.

1 Like

its ion and his monkeys paw. every time he does something nice for the players he has to remind us he is so out of touch with the players of the game. just heres a qol selling point of the new xpac but 90% of you will not be able to afford to use it all so give me money. getting the free first tab and then sticking with guild banks like we always have is still the best option compared to this

Same. I have a few personal guilds on various alts, actually…and one main personal guild that most of the other alts are in that I play a lot.
the warbank will be great for moving between characters I have in different guilds so they dont have to use the mailbox…so 1 tab is more than enough for me.

I have to admit, Im fully expecting an ‘Ion’ to be pulled with our personal guilds now to try to force us into using the warbank.
Not like the ongoing behavior at blizzard wouldnt dictate such a possibility.

I havent really used the warbank yet…I dropped some tinkers kits into it to move to another character, but that was about it.
I doubt I’ll end up using it much myself.

I had intended to use it instead of…or in addition to…my guild banks, but there is no way Im paying 25k for a tab, let alone any higher than that.

I really dont get how a man can take such an obvious win and literally every time walk away with a loss. lmao.

This was supposed to be a FEATURE…it shouldnt have been another outrageous gold sink.
If they wanted a gold sink for storage…jesus christ man…make a new elephant mount for 30 million gold and put some luggage on its back, lmao.

They literally priced MOST of the player base out of being able to use it to full capacity.

and then you get the gigglers inhere who defend this crap…“wuh muh needz all duh tabz 4” lmao.

wasnt about need…it was about being ABLE to use the feature in its entirety without having to go into bankruptcy lmao

2 Likes

just wanted to let you know that the brewfest steins can be placed in the warbank… that was a few slots freed up!