Cost of Warband bank is ludicrous!

Very much agree.

100,000 gold should be the max warband bank tabs cost.

2 Likes

That is ridiculous. is that the cost for just that one tab?

A lot of people already did complain the prices of the warbank in the beta forum at length, but it seems like blizz is really sticking to the ridiculous pricing.

Also fun to see, that Aqure, who did defend the prices so strongly in the beta forum is here in the thread still defending them and still trying to tell people how he thinks they should use their banks.

1 Like

We in Guild Wars 2 welcome you to join us, where accountwide has always been a thing and never cost this much. And we have playerhousing coming with the next expansion, which you earn by default by just doing the story, releasing weirdly enough just days before The War Within.

Blizz just keeps trying to push the QOL of FTP games into WoW when the existence of the token makes that an impossible hurdle to clear for some players who aren’t absolute whales and it’s just embarrassing to those of us who actually play more than just this game. What a joke.

But “it’s time to come home.” Sure man.

1 Like

Been saying that the prices were horrible since we found out the costs in Beta, on the beta forums.

Blizz didn’t listen. I had enough gold for Tab 4, but not going to buy tab 5 unless costs get reduced (and if it does I want a refund of the difference).

2 Likes

I could afford 4, but I’d feel that in my “wallet”. I buy 1 for now and see if blizz will listen to the outcry.

same.
…so i don’t hoard other junk on the character which has the most “stuff”.

hooray for personal guild banks.

we get bigger bags every expansion, raising the amount of personal bank/bag space.

my issue is a ME problem.
i like stuff.

:woman_shrugging:

Doesn’t raise the space by much when said new bags only give you 2 more slots now…that is not a lot really…

1 Like

I personally plan on purchasing all (5) tabs for the new Warband Bank. Already purchased the first (4) tabs. For the 5th tab, It will likely be some time before I have the gold saved up to purchase it.

Likely will sell some WoW Tokens to get it - Depending on how much they are going for at a later date. It is supposed to be a gold-sink in this expansion. Just like the Brutosaur was back in Battle for Azeroth, Which cost 5 million gold.

Noticed tonight as well that the achievement(s) for purchasing the Warband Bank Tabs appear to have been removed from the game.

i rarely play the character i WANT to play, because her bags are always chock-full of quest stuff.
things like nazjatar, mechagon, korthia… so much junk which just takes up space, and should have had some thought put behind it.

at least the postmaster seems to be getting more reliable, so it feels like less of a gamble to leave sparkly bodies on the ground. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

I 100% agree the cost for the bank is quite crazy/insane, but I also contend you do not need even more than 1 tab.

You are still perfectly free to send most stuff to alts via the mail or via crafting orders (which doubles for the quests assuming TWW copies over the weekly that DF had). You can save your warband bank slots for things like gear and/or currency (just to make it simpler).

Also keep in mind it’s highly likely costs will come down. True vets will remember a time when you got to purchase a saved 2nd spec and that cost something like 1k and maybe another for 2500…which was insane gold back then. You also had to pay 5k twice for 280% flying and 310% flying per character. Things that are trivially priced today (respeccing is even free and you can store multiple specs and bars too).

But honestly: It is the worst thing to use as a gold sink. A feature which is meant to make twinking easier and less frustrating.
We already have a lot of things that can be used as gold sinks, which works way better: Mount, Pets, Toys, Transmog and whatever you put into black market auction house.

And it will be so easy to fill up 3~4, maybe 5 Tabs very fast, if you actually twink a lot. :confused:

1 Like

The only real plus for making the tabs so expensive is that its a once only per account expenditure. Its not like you are paying it multiple times for something. I’ve purchased 3 tabs, as I’d worked to get the $100k on one of my servers. I think those three will do me for a while, but I do agree its a very pricey game option.

hit the deposit button on the bottom and put in gold from one character and the withdraw on the other character

Leave it to Ion and crew to come up with something nice …and then somehow ruin it for the average player.

2 Likes

The ONLY thing Im using it for, because of the insane cost, is just having the ONE tab for transferring things between characters without using the mail.
Id have used it if the prices were so absurdly deranged

He always does…

2 Likes

I agree and sadly I think the company has been out of touch with the customer for quite some time.

I get the gold sink; however, the average player will NEVER see this much gold with out $200 USD in WOW tokens. In addition a QoL feature like this should never cost this much.

4 Likes

good luck with that.
I have too many alts with bank bags to stuff things in. Multiple personal guilds…no way Im spending this RIDICULOUS amount of gold for a few dozen more storage slots. lol…which is literally all that this warbank is.

I can buy this with out batting an eyelid, will I though??? I have made my gold useing addons like altaholic to track mats across mutiple toons and will continue doing so. I will be happy with 1 or 2 tabs maybe for ease of acess for the current expansions crafting.

The Question is why do you think you need to have instant acess to this? If you want it farm for it you dont have to buy wow tokens to get it, just invest a little bit of time and the gold will come.