[Cosmetic] [Feedback] 10.2 and Druid forms

After doing some digging and testing on the PTR, I love how there are so many forms AND so many different ways to obtain them as well! Especially the Moonkin forms, I can’t wait to play around with them and make me the most beautiful owl in my raid.

Something that I’d like to see added, while I am here is the following:

We have a Travel Form and we have a Mount Form, we can only change our Travel Form, and our ground Mount form changes with it, except if you turn your Travel form into anything that is not mountable by other players, then it will go into the standard Moose form.

I would also like to have a separate flight form to carry someone and for personal use. I often carry people on my back for a different amount of reason, and there is only 1 passenger flight form, which was okay but with all the new and cool forms coming out I’d like to be able to switch.

Also, some variation in Treant Form, even if it’s a Glyph, this is easily done by using the other treant models with different colours.

6 Likes

My mantra is always: “All customization is a net gain for the game” and this is no different.

I had a friend recently come back to retail because they exclusively play druid, adore the feral playstyle and are in AWE of the amount of customization options. They exclusively played Classic before.

Adding these variations and options to carry other people, along with different looks for the forms to have The Most Handsome Druids of Any Game Ever™ would be only a win. Even if a particular look or option is not for you, it will be for someone else. :sunflower: :blossom: :tulip: :cherry_blossom: :black_cat: :teddy_bear: :owl: :tiger2: :palm_tree:

3 Likes

The extra mile towards adding more class flavor is always so highly appreciated by a lot of people, I hope they never stop doing stuff like this.

1 Like

Still waiting for White Snow Leopard Travel form that was datamined in Shadowlands and White Raven Flight forms. :v

Back on topic though. I love that druids are getting some love this patch (not so love is the fact no new announced druid races). I also love that Moonkin is now going to be so full customizable that no two moonkin will look alike (unless you opt to remain the standard race moonkin). As far as Moonkin though I’d LOVE To see new Moonkin body types!

2 Likes

Boomer mode here but I would love a glyph to be able to continue using my original cheetah form. There used to be a glyph for this when it was changed to a stag but this glyph now uses the updated model and the old model can no longer be used.

The flight form which allows you to carry people is quite big and bulky, would be nice if the same idea from dragonriding mounts, which turns your friend into a little baby whelp can be applied to the flight form? Maybe they can be a little crow or something if you use the traditional flight form models.

2 Likes

I am in love with my Moonkin’s new form! However, going into Incarnation, reverts you to the old moonkin skin, with tier-5 armor. Can we have that changed?

2 Likes

I was able to get the new Owl flight form and the Travel form last night. I am also loving the new Moonkin form, such an amazing patch for druids and I am really happy they are finally giving Druids some love.

1 Like

This 1000% idk how fast they would be able to do this, maybe through a glyph or something ? But after being in the new Form the incarnation also bothers me a lot.

They could just give the same glow Celestial Alignment gives

After playing this patch for 2 days, I’m a little bit insulted with the “Special Encounters” (they arent called rares anymore) that drop druid forms. No notification that they’re up on the overworld map, they die too fast, and their respawn rate is disrespectful of the time you said you wanted to respect. Not to mention one druid form dropping rare has 5 different spawn locations across the entire map.

To say I’m frustrated with the lack of listening to us on the topic of respawn rates of random encounters is an understatement. I’ve only been requesting lower respawn rates since forever.

Why can’t we just have these druid forms that drop off these encounters be purchasable off the Renown Vendor at Renown Cap like everything else?

12 Likes

They are also pretty upset on the general discussion forum as well, not just with the Druid specific rares but rares in general.

4 Likes

The game cant have everything be stacked on a vendor for purchase.
Doesnt it make sense to have the variations of the forms you are learning drop from the same type of mob you kill?

1 Like

The biggest pain point is a long respawn time and a 1-2% drop chance.

5 Likes

What Cyrios said on top of the fact these mobs do not show up on the map, no one is announcing they are up, and they can be killed in less than 30 seconds solo. This is frustration incarnate and is not healthy for game play or players trying to get it.

Several things need to be done to make these more viable. A. Make them appear on the map like normal encounters do. B. Make them spawn invulnerable for 1 minute (like dreamsurge rares). C. Buff their health.

It makes zero sense to make these druid forms as frustrating as they are right now. I will repeat, it does not respect the players time.

9 Likes

They fixed this! Thanks Blizz

It takes a total of 42 seconds or less to bring up a wowhead page or use an addon like All The Things to learn the physical location to where any of these rares spawn. You can do a little leg work to check to see if it’s up. I think that’s a truly terrible example of anything remotely -frustration incarnate-.
That doesn’t even register on the meter.

The drops themselves are low, sure. You’re not expected to get them in a few days or weeks even, depending. Why is it such an issue that it may take you a month to finally get it to drop if you check passively?
You need it now? Okay, so you’re frustrated that it hasnt dropped or its not super easy to get. That’s not a game breaking issue. That’s a personal validation thing.
Which I think has no bearing on many of these posts from folks.
The system isn’t broken. It isn’t in “need” of change. The rares are easy to find. If you use your wits to server hop, or log in for 2 minutes at any point out of your normal schedule if you can. There are options.

‘‘I don’t think it’s an issue so you shouldn’t think so either’’

It’s fine playing devils advocate, but saying we should use clever use of mechanics (server hopping through LFG is just that) or use outside sources just tells you it’s a bad system.

6 Likes

Devils Advocate?

I think the mass complaining is facilitated on a baseless understanding of how not terrible the system is.
To say that its bad design holds no water in any tanglible discussion in my mind.
I give two extremely useful tactics to use that require very little skill or time to help any player finish those rare grinds in a fraction of the time and its just dismissed.

Past all of what I just said, there is room for work and improvement.

I know the system very well and it’s horrible.

3 Likes

The Treant Form no longer gets set on fire when standing on a campfire, we’d like to get a confirmation if it’s a bug or intended remove, it was a fun easter egg.

1 Like