Corruptions are making a cameo in 9.2 (Jailer Trinket)

New Jailer Trinket Datamined, the trinket allows you to progressively corrupt yourself for additional boons that stack on top of each other, with additional penalties. Stats coming from the ilvl 233 version of the item are as follows:

Level 1 - Your Haste is increased by 68. 10% of damage you take will echo again 3 sec later.

Level 2 - Your Versatility is increased by 68. All Healing you take is reduced by 5%.

Level 3 - Your Critical Strike is increased by 68. You are bleeding for 456 damage every 2 sec.

Level 4 - Your Mastery is increased by 68. Your spells and abilities reduce your movement speed by 2% for 15 sec, stacking up to 10 times.

Level 5 - Your Critical Strike, Haste, Mastery, and Versatility are increased by 136. When the Final Rune fades, explode for 9082 damage. (NOTE: “The Final Rune” is the name of the buff you get for corrupting yourself to level 5. Level 5 corruption only lasts 30 seconds unlike the previous levels of corruption that last until canceled - you need to corrupt yourself again, basically you will take 9k damage every 30 seconds if you want to maintain the stat buff).

Not as extreme upsides, but also not as extreme downsides. Will be interesting to see how this plays out - this trinket is probably BIS for many specs for just the extreme amount of stats it gives unless you just scale insanely poorly with stats, which means you as a healer will having to be dealing with an extra healing burden.

Luckily it looks like Blizzard has learned their lesson as far as PvP, and they have pre-baked a lever into this trinket that allows them to nerf it in PvP without nerfing it for PvE in case it gets out of hand.

3 Likes

Hold on a second, I need to remove my eyes after reading this thread. I don’t need sight anymore.

6 Likes

Please not again.

Please.

16 Likes

Sweet. Been waiting for stuff like this. Although this is less corruption and more like the crucible of storms items.

Ohhh GOOD GOD…

Stop it with the good for bad trade offs. THEY ARE FUNDAMENTALLY FLAWED.

They are either worth the bad or they’re not. Making them worth the bad usually means they have to be over powered, and if they are over powered then you have to have it, and if you have to have it then the bad just becomes an annoyance tax you have to pay till the end of the expansion.

You end up with a gear power progression system where as you get more powerful the core combat loop gets more annoying.

11 Likes

God no. Please no. God. Please. No. God. Aw please no. Regardless if the good outweighs the bad or not. JUST PLEASE NO. I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT BFA. :sob:

7 Likes

Umm… woot?

Running out of that god damned circle every 10 seconds for 11 months. Finger raised to blizzard for that one.

5 Likes

Oh good, my least favorite aspect of wow will rear its ugly head in my least favorite expansion.

:rage:

7 Likes

I died going AFK far too many times. The movement speed decrease seems really awful on the trinket along with Healing reduction. All things that can get you far too easily killed.

This.

Just this. I hate Shadowlands. I hated Corruption. I can’t even drag myself by my ankles to do Shadowlands leveling sometimes. :frowning:

6 Likes

9 months actually.

2 Likes

TOO LONG EXECUTUS! TOO LOOONG!

And also.

TOO SOON EXECUTUS! TOO SOON!

1 Like

At the current tuning, it is absolutely worth the bad unless the encounter mechanics are simply too punishing to be stuck moving 20% slower all the time. The amount of DPS this provides is actually completely insane, this feels like Archimonde Trinket level good.

Blizzard is known to make OP trinkets at the end of an expansion so this seems in line with their general philosophy.

Also, Blizzard has a tendency to revisit failed concepts and “try to do them right” and this seems like them trying to accomplish that.

1 Like

Haven’t seen any of the new nightbourne stuff. You look awesome.

1 Like

Can they revisit the idea of putting all the stuff up on a vendor like how people wanted? Or not waiting to introduce QoL literally when hall of fame closes?

8.3 came out January 14th
9.0 came pre patch was October 13th

So 10 months plus how ever long that pre patch period was.

It was 273 days, 39 weeks. You count the duration between the dates, not the months in which said events occurred. I shouldn’t have to do the math on this.

Also all corruption was disabled on October 13, so the circle and use of the cloak had no function past that date.

1 Like

yeah I already hate this

1 Like

So the bad is now a annoyance tax you will have to put up with.

This good or that good.

Not this good if we can also poke you with a stick for a year.

1 Like