Corruptions are making a cameo in 9.2 (Jailer Trinket)

does this mean we have to run away from our shadows again?

1 Like

I have a venthyr rogue who will like this.

Not like I care about healing. Done well…the target is dead and no heals needed. Or…they have friends who drop you regardless.

that haste buff will probably work out well on tanks.

Implying you haven’t been doing that already.

Kleia makes us do it 3 times.

Nope…not enough soul cleansing. Do it again.

1 Like

talking about grand delusion

LOL. My boyfriend was healing at the time and complaining about people who were unaccountably dropping dead. I told him it was that they were using too much corruption, and he was like no way. Then he looked at the stats. Yeah, they were all being damaged by Eye of the Corruptor.

You mean 6 months after too many people complain about it being abused in party sync?

A lot of this could be testing things for 10.0 to make gear ‘interesting’ but not BUSTED. Or just thematic flavor.

I’m fine with it from the looks of it.

What’s wrong with it. Love these sort of things.

More reasons to skip the rest of SL! I knew working on my farm in Pandaland was a good idea.

:cookie:

5 Likes

I’m with you short stuff.

What was that? Uh . . . no, those aren’t gnomes planted upside down in my fields, they’re uh . . . fruit bearing trees. Yeah, that’s it. Nope, I don’t hear muffled screams, you must have some hearing damage. :eyes:

Semper Fi! :us:

2 Likes

I think this item is super cool (I’ve been saying I really hoped Zovaal dropped a dope trinket), but it does shift extra burden onto healers to make the job of DPS easier, which some healers may find annoying.

Uhh… I mean, this trinket is very, very strong. If you can mitigate the downsides, this is hands down the strongest trinket in the game. It’s not like the Odyn trinket where negating the downside allows it to beat some other trinkets… this trinket just wrecks them all. Like, just to contrast here, the Bell trinket that people went nuts over at ilvl 233 gives you 826 secondary for 9 seconds every 90 seconds. If you constantly fresh Final Rune without regard to your health, this is giving you 816 secondary… all the time.

Granted, part of the reason people like Bell is because its all mastery for classes that scale well with mastery, but like… yeah, that should establish some kind of perspective here.

1 Like

This is the kind of crap that led to me not even logging in for months.

Maybe once they’re finished they’ll get to work making us auto-dismount whenever we hit water again, or make us stop at every flight point.

2 Likes

I didn’t say this wasn’t busted or not very strong, just my commentary on their design choice to do this w/ trinket a’la corruption.

I’m just not sure majority of the player base can utilize this trinket to such a higher end type of gameplay but I appreciate you clarifying how it works and comparisons.

I’m guessing things are subject to change [numbers and all that].

1 Like

Thats such a cool design lol

I like it from a design and rpg perspective

It’s the addition of another “Nag Nag Nag” affix like thing that travels with you.

These types of trade offs in the context of gear are just bad game play. You have to make things so over powered that you’ll travel around with a bunch of curses you tolerate.

Great, now the entire game experience is running around tolerating these negative things.

1 Like

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Please no.

3 Likes

“How did we wipe?”

“12 peoples trinkets expired at the same time after the burst”

5 Likes

On the flip-side, at least you don’t naturally drop healers as you gear up because people will be taking more damage while running this OP trinket.

The real crime is the snare.

CC is just bad. Don’t take control away from players. It feels bad and is already excessively overused.

Combining it with this “Here’s a little kiss while I make your life hell” abusive relationship design philosophy is I think the single most indicative action that they have learned nothing.

2 Likes

I effing knew it!!! For all the seven gods, old, new, to be - god no!

Lordie, just thought of that. Are we in an abusive codependent relationship with this game?! joke?

2 Likes