Corruption Effects Adjustments Incoming

The drop rate is fine. As a joke I’m currently running around with 219 corruption on my paladin. Turns out he actually has a cool red effect now instead of the blue or purple one we usually have.

Did try to fight something though to see how long I’d live, about 9 seconds.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/barthilas/Andarre

Well seeing how I got a 2nd Echoing Void Rank 2 (and double Rank 2 > Rank 3), and ended up cleansing my weapon to wear this stuff, I am kinda salty, not about the nerf per se, about the “Significant” part. If I had known this, I wouldn’t have cleansed other corruption to run this (really fun) gear.

4 Likes

you guys really need to test your things before you put them live. corruption is garbage

10 Likes

Also what about Infinite Stars?

3 Likes

It was already nerfed.

2 Likes

It’s already been significantly nerfed and now scales with ilvl.

Thanks for vowing to nerf the only corruption I have that’s worth a damn.

2 Likes

Yes this is only getting done because you have these corruptions.

Well I’ve really enjoyed echoing void but I have a belt with a socket that’s 25 ilvls higher with perfect stats so I guess it’s kinda a win?

I know, it’s total bull!

Quoted for truth

1 Like

FUN DETECTED, FUN REMOVED!!!

WE ARE PTR TESTER PLAYING LIVE!

The more you guys are :poop:ing on up, the more i won’t purchase a SINGLE product of Blizzard EVER AGAIN!

If you going to nerf the damage, i HOPE that you will nerf the corruption as well … you guys are really party :poop:er

I’m really not happy with this, stop nerfing things. Bring everything up to the level of IS and EV instead of nerfing. How hard is it to just let us have fun anymore blizzard?

2 Likes

I blame Blizzard partly for the PTR but I do blame a lot of the tourist players more. There is a whole new subsection of people who go on PTR report nothing and play it’s like it is live, then come to forums and spout why again they dont purchase expansions. Heck when I went on it prior to 8.2 the forums had posts about mounts etc, being too expensive on AH, tell me how that helps them weed out the bugs?

Can you also make it so you don’t get corrupted gear until you actually have the cloak? Or not from WQ at all. My alts do not appreciate it. I tried to tell them they were crazy but they dont listen…true story. :eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks Kaivax :slight_smile:

Now, while we’re at it can you explain 28 corruption on a +5 Leech affix? I mean, lol Kai.

1 Like

The leech corruption is crazy. Rank 3 Leech is insane amounts of corruption for what is essentially a “bad” corruption.

1 Like

This corruption problem has been known for a long long long time. There is no defense for what they are doing here. None. They let this stay in making people think this is how the game was going to be. They let people pump gold and time into this and then nerf it to the ground. This is not the fault of testers. People where telling them this was out of hand long before 8.3 went live. This is just a bad move all around on Blizzards part. And to make it worse. They don’t need to do this. Its the damn end of BFA. No reason they can’t leave it and let people have some fun with it.

6 Likes

415 (Murg is an alt this round) ring with +5 Leech…28 corruption.

Laughs in Titanforged

1 Like