Corruption Effects Adjustments Incoming

You completely missed the point of my post.

Infinite Stars does not proc on target dummies as it would keep you in combat forever. It also seems to have suffered a strong stealth nerf to its proc rate as i havent been able to get a 10 stack on a boss since reset, whereas before i would have 10 stacks on wrathion for example before he hit 30% hp.

I mean when you wear lvl2+3 EV, you don’t need to do every rotation right. EV will give your 10% more damage to some other same level dps who does their best. And EV is not only op in AOE environment, but also Single target. Basically all situation bis is lvl415 lvl3 EV. So yes, this is broken. My point is they should fix this long long time ago before launch.

They nerfed Echoing Void by 20% the other day, So is it now 50% total or 50% on top of that 20%? I agree why wouldn’t they just buff the others. When you Nerf some and buff others, things never end up balanced because its either over nerfed or over buffed. Becomes this constant juggling act.

Agreed. High corruption for incredible power.
The issue is that currently, only a few corruptions grant incredible power.

2 Likes

Woot!

I have s tier 3 void ritual waiting for me. Currentlt gives 32 stats per stack up to 20 stacks. Say it goes upto 60. Thsts 1200 to all secondaries at thr end of thr buff. Huge!

Oh nerf ev 50% but not nerf the corruption levels… hmm maybe not worth all that corruption now to equip. You could have just removed it from game if you hated it this much.

3 Likes

Doesn’t VR require multiple people using it in group to get those stats?

Proc rate increased with more ppl.

You spent luck, not time.

Spoken as someone grumbling they still don’t have a single Infinite Stars.

you’d think they would sticky this topic so they can keep updating the adjustments to corruptions over the next few weeks as the system is a mess but obviously they are hoping this thread goes away in the next 24 hours and people just forget…until everyone starts stacking some new corruption.

1 Like

In many cases it requires both.

Legiondaries last expansion worked like that. Some extremely lucky players got their BiS on the first try.

But this was not the norm. Most players had to farm content for more chances at Legiondaries and didn’t get their BiS until they had quite a few lesser Legiondaries first.

Corruptionforged gear is the same. In my case I’m doing some farming content hoping for Infinite Stars or Twilight Devastation. I still don’t have either one yet.

1 Like

It’s 50% on top of the 20%, so it’s about at 40% of its power pre-nerf which is kind of fair. I recall looking at how strong some traits where are with echoing void on a pair of blue boots at like 425 ilvl and rank 2 EV it took me until I had a piece in the mid 600s of item level before the stats would outweigh the corruption.

Given its universal applicability it should have been nerfed. It would be a different story if the EV damage was split among targets, or if it functioned like Flurry where additional targets only took 35% of the damage off the primary target but it did the same regardless. IS and TD had noticeable weak points and that being in situations where they didn’t shine. EV shined in both with no real drawback to using it.

I…ummm…

1 Like

Make some more changes, you idiots.

Must be hard to test your game ahead of time, especially when there’s this huge of an event to publicize how much you don’t know your butt from a hole in the ground when it comes to development.

Do you not know how to use simcraft? There was nothing confusing at all about what I said. I didn’t say I had the piece, but sim-wise for damage a rank 2 EV on a 425 was as much of a damage increase as a piece that theoretically was in the mid 600s of item level with the stat bonuses to outweigh it.

Whoa nothing yet to twilight devastation, the one trait I was lucky enough to get :joy:

the word “sim” in there somewhere would have helped.

1 Like

It would’ve been nice to experience every corruption before the experience was fundamentally changed. What even is the point of a PTR?

Taking stuff away after it’s been given causes a huge issue. Does Blizz not realize humans, who don’t enjoy losing what they have had are playing this game?

It should have been self evident by the fact it’s literally impossible to have a piece of that item level. As well as the other context talking about stats. The whole general structure of that paragraph you were quoting from should have this evident.