Corruption Effects Adjustments Incoming

Way to trash your players
This is the straw for me I came back to wow 3 months ago enjoying the game was looking forward to corruption system.
Now it’s turned into hot garbage.

I go cleanse some of my corruption gear to have echo void after server maintenance now it’s been ruined

Can you have everyone the gear they cleansed back ?

3 Likes

Restore purified corrupted gear.

4 Likes

I wouldnt spend 500 to 950k on anything outside of a rare mount so my golds safe from corruption sellers

Just because you wouldn’t isn’t the point. They’ve largely left corruptions alone as people cleansed bad ones and bought or farmed good ones. They are radically changing gearing 4 weeks into tier.

Plain and simple its just bad whether it impacts you or not. I have gushing wounds so I’m good for now… My r2 void is likely getting cleansed now and I wish I could have my void ritual back…

Just bad design all the way around. Poorly tested. Implemented in a fundamentally broken state, stupid to have boes with corruption (pay to win), and now they are taking a sledgehammer to a problem requiring finesse. Just further proof how out of touch they are.

I wonder how much gold exchanged hands the past few weeks for t3 echoing void which is now b or c tier.

I sold a socketed heroic raid ring with t3 EV for almost 2 million last week. So glad I got that last week not this week.

2 Likes

I cleansed nothing and chested items I felt could be useful later. I held on to Twilight gloves and some weak void Ritual bracers. Glad I did as Void ritual is about to be on par with everything else and gloves still do a nice 45-50k aoe

This is the future of WoW. Corruption or something like procing on some gear and all gear is BoE.

Echoing Void is splitting it’s damage between targets. And if you’d ever looked it up, you’d know that.

The nerf makes Echoing Void one of the worst damage/corruption effects for a large number of specs. Just look over the bloodmallet charts, and see where a 50% nerfed Echoing Void will land for the vast majority of classes - the (for unknown reasons) unbuffed Twisted appendages, and maybe stat% (mostly mastery for classes with poor mastery values), will be worse then that.

The nerf is way over the top for what Echoing Void does.

1 Like

That’s not how it looks. Also Void Ritual is a boring stat. People will likely gravitate to gushing wound, twilight devastation and Infinite stars now.

As expected Echoing Void is being nerfed. No surprise there. I just want to know when its happening. Im raiding soon.

I’ll take them when I get them :wink:

Over the top nerfs, it’s the only kind Ion and his team know how to implement.

1 Like

I tried that.It doesn’t show in my items list,so now I lost it altogether.

The last boss of a raid is never tested on mythic.

1 Like

Just purged that tier 2 void ritual off my wand, too.

Bah.

It used to be when they had internal testers.

It definitely was.

3 Likes

And then internal testers weren’t appropriately able to balance the boss for actual mythic raiders. Look at KJ where they pretty much guessed values.

1 Like