Corruption Effects Adjustments Incoming

That was fun choices for me. I had setups for more AoE situations (with Twilight Devastation), more defensive setups (with defensive stat increases) and now a good ST boss DPS set with my 2x Rank 2 EV (though that one put me up there in corruption).

No, that’s just contrary to everything RPGs are and is the opposite of agency. If you can pick and choose, you just end up Cookie cutter, rather than having to make choices with what the game gave you.

1 Like

Tertiary stats cap at 20%.

Quite the opposite. I want there to be ultimate consequences to ultimate power. That was supposed to be controlling factor.

1 Like

It nullifies having corruption. Blizz added a RED effect to your character if you have loads of corruption but guess what. If you end up having that much you just instantly die anytime you enter combat. It needs to be toned down to at least having a chance to survive

1 Like

lol dude, go get your cloak

For me that was the hook; consequential choices. Like running at 100 corruption and making your healers sweat bullets because you need to contribute insane dps to make a check.

Or… decrease it to zero. :slight_smile:

I just want the amount of corruption to be equal to the affect. When I get a piece that has a joke of a positive affect that won’t do me much good at all and it comes with 75 corruption, well, what? Come on!

Editing to add: I got a piece on one of my guys and the affect is amazing, it added almost 10k DPS to him right out of the gate and it has only 15 corruption. LOL.

Right. Mini Game. Low Bar. You’re basically getting all hyped over reforging.

Wrong (and lol too). You’re too accepting of Blizzard’s bad game design. There’s no RPG worth it’s salt that doesn’t involve player choice. Real choice, not this faux agency that you’ve swallowed as meaningful depth.

But I will give you that corruption is more control than we’ve had since reforging. But it’s hardly self-determined agency and just shows how far from RPG they’ve taken this game.

Inb4

Magni: Attention champions! Mother has found a way to prevent further corruption!

2 Likes

Only avoidance caps at 20%. (Speed doesn’t, but there are very heavy DRs on it once you get past about 10% from Speed, the tertiary. [Including azerite essences that give Speed tertiaries, like Sphere of Suppression minor L2, but not azerite traits/essences that give straight move speed, like Longstrider])

My leech can easily go up to 35%+ with the 10% leech I have on gear and the leech on-use from Lucid Dreams L3.

I just cleansed a void ritual item yesterday, and now I’m super bummed out.

A. actually getting a corruptionforge

b. Corruption on item vs reducing corruption cape / essences to a level the player can and will endure

c. useless benefits / low ilvl items etc

d. needing a third party sim to see which is best item to use regardless of ilvl.

please let this rental gear / abilities die in obscurity before shadow lands.

in fact stating that and committing to properly testing level squis impacts from level 1 to max level are key things I need convinced about to pre order.

2 Likes

If only you guys had had a beta for this stuff.

6 Likes

Blizz knows that players want more deterministic means of acquiring gear, and they even said they were going to provide them such as with picking specific pieces with titan residuum. Ultimately though, I feel this is more likely as an issue with Blizz not wanting to devote any more resources to BFA so they can focus on Shadowlands. A vendor/forge/other deterministic system requires more dev work whereas their RNG system is already baked into everything.

2 Likes

Pardon the hyperbolic anecdotal claim, but literally everyone knew these adjustments were needed way back on PTR. How did the product launch like this?

How did the corruption system launch at all given the feedback?

Why are we cleansing corruption rather than temporarily suppressing it? You’ve made this game feel very bad for anyone who cleansed a piece so they could use it… only for that corruption to potentially get buffed later.

This is really really sloppy.

6 Likes

And a PTR, too.

2 Likes

Good thing nobody passed on higher iLVL loot in favor of a lower iLVL items with high quality corruptions that your now going to nerf.

The most interesting part about BFA is how the theorycrafters and simmers figure out things are broken weeks before they hit live, and yet it takes Blizzard weeks to months to catch on and fix it.

They have people that are willing to math this stuff out for them for free, yet Blizzard seems to be unaware of their existence.

3 Likes

At least this time you nerfed it before I got it.

1 Like