Corrupting a Cleansed Item with a Preserved Contaminant

And no thanks to you for being personally insulting when I have responded to you with perfect civility.

4 Likes

and make the game fun? Never

this fixed itself with a client restart. maybe. i did peace out for an hour.

You were completely missing the the point, we already earned our 470+ gear and now were being told the gear we worked for is no good for the current system meaning you need the same gear you’ve already been optimizing and then adding sockets to and enchanting again. This is further compounded by the fact that getting 470+ gear has very limited means of acquisition, most of which are random.

There is also the other problem that the only logical reason you can’t add corruption to an item, which wasn’t originally blank, from this expansion is that its still flagged as corrupted in the base system, meaning we were just turning off the current corruption (such as how legendaries turned off at 116).

If that is the case then there would be a simple solution of turn them back on and make cleansing free for a couple weeks.

It would also mean Blizz admitting it would have been ridiculously simple to let us undo removing corruption, but they kept us having to rng for corruptions.

6 Likes

I have been working on my gear for months… I cleansed and socketed 475 gear. 3-4 of the pieces I have purchased sockets for cannot be corrupted. I would rather stop playing than grind out 100k more mementos for sockets on new gear.

8 Likes

Wild suggestion.

Why not just when you cleanse an item, the game “Delete” that item, and then add a same item (which is absolutely never corrupted and updated to new patch)

How many echos per rated BG win?

Meh it is what it is as this patch will go down as the most infamous in wow history.

Please don’t bring up selfie or voice chat patches. This patch was supposed to finish BFA on a good note not leave a sour taste in people’s minds about BFA.

May we leave Battle For Abilities swiftly and to not remember it that well forever and ever.

1 Like

Very nice to hear, I’m surprised this is so tough.

Seems like a simple “Mother, this item seems to not be fully cleansed” option that then removes the current item and gives you a newly generated one (with enchantment if applied previously) would be…remarkably simple coding. Testing it for exploit potential would of course require some time but perhaps some complexity I do not see.

4 Likes

This isn’t working for me.

My items don’t have corruption on them and were never cleansed, but it says “this item cannot be modified” for all of them!

2 Likes

I have the same problem

This right here, NOBODY was expecting this so it DID NOT have to be released until this was not an issue. This is a massive oversight from a team of professional devs (or so I think) that they already knew about (they said in the original post they know) and should have been fixed before even saying anything. This is so bad man. I’m not using my new corruptions until this is fixed. I’m sure they’ll find some other new weird system to screw that up too before the end of the xpac.

Blizzard I’m sorry to say if you guys don’t figure out a quick fix to this, seriously by tomorrow, you’re just confirming that “Clown” thread from earlier.

2 Likes

This is all a part of blizzard’s master scam plan. They have everything planned out for years. They knew about this update, they knew about the legendaries in legion one. They literally do it just to keep subs rolling as long as possible. I think this was actually meant to come a month or so later than it did but Blizzard probably took a big hit in subs and forced it out.

The whole “Sorry guys, a “bug” won’t let you corrupt old gear xd.” Is also a part of this scam. Do you honestly believe they don’t have the technology/manpower to fix something this simple? They do, 100%. They just want to keep you logged in, refarming your BiS stat 475’s instead of using your old BiS statted items that you cleansed. Blizzard knows EXACTLY what they are doing. When it comes to scamming, they are the best in the business.

2 Likes

Why bother with a feature like this if you dont plan on allocating programmers to fix the glaring issues this new system has? Better yet, why release a clearly unfinished system at all? Blizzard should be ashamed to release another system this unfinished, useless, incomplete, convoluted and utterly garbage.

2 Likes

if you are unable to rectify this it will be a disaster for so many of us

i, along with many others clensed bis stat’d items with horrible corruptions that will soon be completely worthless since we wont be able to corrupt them

ugh

9 Likes

its been less than 24 hours since they rolled it out, and in that time they managed to a) push out the vendor which they initially said may take a few days, and b) fix the corrupting for newly cleansed items when previously nothing was working.

on top of that they are doing an extra maintenance this morning so its likely even more fixes will be coming with that, have a little patience, its far too soon to be getting worked up about something that is likely going to be fixed before the end of the week.

I can’t apply vendor corruptions to any of my BIS ilvl 475 pieces because I cleansed them prior to this update.

So this update effectively does almost nothing for me :frowning:

This expansion has a habit of making people horribly regret something they did prior (e.g. unlocking all essences on mains, which prevents them from earning Echoes).

This is a good idea. Just have the game delete our existing piece (which is just an item code) and replace it with the identical item code + slots/enchantments that it previously had.

3 Likes

Got you good man! Interesting “bug” that only affects those biS stated items you already acquired xD. Guess you’ll have to just keep your sub rolling and collect your RNG infested loot box every week and hope you get it again! :slight_smile:

How can people not see what blizzard is doing? I can’t believe there are still shills for this company. They even put in “rotations” weekly for the corruptions to even show up on the vendor. WHAT POSSIBLE REASON COULD THERE BE FOR THIS OTHER THAN KEEPING SUBS ROLLING!? Clearly this isn’t best for the players. Everything they do is to maximize metrics and subs. This game will NEVER be good again until the sub fee is gone and they are forced to actually create content in order to make money.

3 Likes

Please get some more info on this and let us know if you guys are actively trying to fix this or find some workaround or if I should just scrap my cleansed 475 gear right now.

2 Likes

why is pvp gear not corruptible with the vendor bought corruption?