Corepunk, the WoW Killer?

The only WoW killer is blizzard, and it looks like they’re really trying for it this time.

I have lost count of the number of “WoW killers” over the years. Let me it easier. Name other MMOs that have survived 15 years with a subscription and pay to purchase expansion model?

Yeah the second I heard open world pvp, I was like ‘nope not going to kill WoW.’

Players did.
But the only game that labelled itself as wow killer was Rift the official game propaganda was “we are not on azeroth anymore”

I’m convinced the mod(s) know bosses don’t check on thier work

1 Like

No, it looks bad. It looks like an updated dungeon crawler offshoot. If you think this could even potentially be a WoW killer than you’re wild.

Can’t an MMO just exist without the shadow of WoW hanging over it? FFXIV and WoW both exist without this problem.

1 Like

It looks interesting but the camera angle I dislike. If the camera angles can be adjusted, I’d try it.

1 Like

Are we going to continuously see threads like,
" < insert MMO name here >, the new WoW killer"
every time a new MMO releases? lol
Its kinda getting old.

This is one of the only gaming communities where it’s really trendy to pretend to hate the game that you spend your time, money, and energy on.

If other games were so much better they’d go play those games. I don’t like golf, so why would I waste my time on a golf forum? l couldn’t imagine spending my time on something I didn’t like and not getting paid for it. lol

It’s an isometric top down RPG with almost no character customization. I’d say this is a bigger threat to Diablo 4. Cause that’s all it is, is a PvP MMO Diablo reskined with some bad cyberpunk aesthetic and some farmville thrown in for good measure.

I was wondering this for years.
I simply think that the posts that promote games are commercial ads disguised as thread. We are part of a target audience: gamers on pc’s. If they can win customers…

I just wonder why blizzard allows it.
Is there posts promoting various games on others games forums?

Not a chance.

I could really use a new MMO that isn’t crap and has a new, interesting world to explore but they always seem to only tick one of those boxes.

Either they have bad gameplay or a bland world. Corepunk looks like it has both. Add on top of that the isometric view and the lack of character customization and it’s doa.

1 Like

It and that other mmo people mention here, A something, I dunno. That’s its competition

ThE nExT wOw KiLlEr?!?!?!?!?

1 Like

Three wood OP nerf plz. Greens fees keep casuals out of the game. PAR is for min maxers.

2 Likes

GW2 was fun for a few months, but not even close to a WOW killer. SWTOR should have been the WOW killer, with it’s HUGE built-in fan base and massive budget, but even that did not even put a dent in the total amount of WOW subs.

The HotS killer, more like.

I think “WOW Killer” is a game genre now.

1 Like

HOTS is great, but the who point of MOBAs is toxic, ultra-competitive play, which League of Legends does best.