Corepunk, the WoW Killer?

Looks to be a really well fleshed out game where passion just seeps from the gameplay footage and the sound, the sound design is just superb.

Would you play this game?

https://www.ign.com/articles/corepunk-gameplay-pc-endgame-content-summer-of-gaming
1 Like

Yahtzee has a better chance.

20 Likes

Honestly everytime people plays a game with the purpouse of seeing that game kills WoW… inevitably comes back to WoW because they just cant stop thinking about it.
ESO/FFXIV/GW2 success largely came from the community not giving a cr** if its gonna down WoW in subs/money made/etc, WoW still have larger revenues, profits, players and by far more internet search around it when compared to these MMOs. If you simple can’t enjoy it none of it matters.

7 Likes

the wow killers are already out there it’s just not official because blitz is to cowardly to post numbers anymore

for me its gw2 for many others it seems to be ff14

5 Likes

Gender locked classes. Hard pass.

18 Likes

Nah. Forced PvP is hardly successful. Too many people don’t enjoy it.

15 Likes

Not likely.

1 Like

Every time someone brings up a new game I just shake my head and chuckle. I’ve been here a long time and have seen a myriad of games be labeled ‘Wow Killer’… Some have tried, none have succeeded. I haven’t even looked at the game and I will say with pretty much 100% certainty… No, no it won’t.

I’m good thanks. This kind of game, I’d prefer if it had a really good story, which MMOs rarely deliver on.

No, I would not.

And no, it is not.

Seeing as this is the 50th potential WoW killer in the last sixteen years, where none have done anything to WoW, I wouldn’t really expect it. :slight_smile:

What’s the interest with wanting WoW to die anyways? This constantly pops up that certain games will doom us. Shouldn’t we want WoW to keep succeeding?

3 Likes

WoW killers always think “If I just did [THING] in my MMO, I’d kill WoW” but you’re not going to because:
Graphics
Raids
Bring the Player; Not the Class
Mythic anything
“hard” whatever

It doesn’t matter. All those things are dumb. The RPG element wins, and the longer WoW goes, the more “stuff” to do is in the game. I am my character. And I’m here for other players. No game is going to touch that.

1 Like

Looks a little more interesting than that dull as dirt New World but still not much is catching my eye… genderlocking and PvP only kills any interest what so ever though.

Why take the worst features of an Eastern MMO?

3 Likes

WoW is what will kill WoW.

2 Likes

The only game that stands a smidgen of a chance is Ashes of Creation, and after seeing what they’re planning recently - I’m not so sure anymore.

They’re on the right path with the 40/60 split, though. They’re on the right path with generated dungeons and group content and raids.

1 Like

Rest Assured, at this point,

the only thing that can Kill World of Warcraft, is World of Warcraft.

4 Likes

The only game that is going to kill WoW is WoW.

4 Likes

Great minds travel the same paths!

1 Like

I lol’d when I saw your post. We must have hit reply at the same exact time. :rofl:

1 Like

Wi-Fi-High-Five!

1 Like