Core Race Pages updated - sigh

Never gonna happen sadly because WoW’s spaghetti code only allows symmetric symbols on tabards, that’s why Lordaeron got that two-headed eagle/gryphon guild tabard in classic.

Just like the writers of WoW.

Though they did more damage to Warcraft than George did to Star Wars (until, some might say, when George gave Star Wars to Disney…)

3 Likes

No. The playable human are from stormwind. If the HE thing learn us one thing, its that giving you lordaeron tabard would only lead to ‘‘we already have a lordaeron tabard so why don’t you just give us Lordaeron’’.

Lordaeron is a horde thing since Wow first day. Blizzard already caved for the most annoying group on the forum and they are now asking for more. No need two cave to the second most annoying group, the MHP…

12 Likes

I forget, did Blizzard ever fix it so tabards dont have to be symetrical?

1 Like

It seems to me that they are going to have the Draenei all link hands and be in perfect harmony for new purpose in life. Not only is it unrealistic, it is boring.

At least some aren’t going to see things the same way. Maybe do a parallel with the Void Elves and have some Draenei question the absolute commitment to the light.

Remember, their epic struggle was against the fel (not darkness) using Burning Legion.

1 Like

Don’t forget the Krokul include both the Shamanistic Krokul and the new Void Krokul

Void Elves should’ve been Krokul

19 Likes

I was going to say they would not be pretty enough to be tragic followers of Alleria, but you are right. They could have canned that silly void Allerria story line if they brought in the Krokul.

2 Likes

Almost no one would play them and the Alliance need new blood.

2 Likes

Yeah and the Lordaeron symbol is an Alliance thing since day one, appearing everywhere in the game. Also Southshore existed back during “day one” (and it’s being rebuild right now :wink:).

5 Likes

I would have liked Broken and our local(timeline)y sourced organic free ranged Mag’har, plus fel orcs and eredar.

Alas.

3 Likes

If we’re picking Draenor races, would’ve loved some bird people.

3 Likes

I loved questing with the AU Arrakoa personally :smiley:

4 Likes

I will forever be salty that what passes for Wildhammer and high elves seems to be customizations, and forest trolls and ogres are absent entirely.

it was right there, Blizzard… the nostalgia factor was right in front of you

9 Likes

I don’t like how Blood Elf players gang up on High Elf fans and treat them like garbage. They simply have an opposing desire.

2 Likes

The worst part about the dwarf stuff is that the Wildhammer tats don’t even come in the colour that the majority of the Wildhammer NPCs have. Like, don’t get me wrong, dwarves made out pretty well in both WoD and then this update, but there are some weird as hell oversights.

11 Likes

It’s more how certain alliance players want to keep taking stuff away from the horde just so they can have it on the alliance. That’s where most of the pushback comes from

10 Likes

My genuine pet peeve at the moment is the eyebrow color tied to skin color.

It’s so annoying.

Beyond that, having one Bronzebeard tattoo? Annoying. Having the feathers only work with some hairstyles? Annoying. Having no new voice lines to make up for the female dwarf jokes being torpedoed (however fair it may have been)? Annoying. Not having more colors of baby gryphons and updated models for, say, the snowy gryphon? Also annoying.

And that is just off the top of my head. For female dwarves. I can go on.

3 Likes

Regardless of where you stand on The Great High Elf War, I think we can all agree a copy paste model with slightly different hair styles was a conclusion bound to irritate everyone. Especially after said copy paste model got a dye job in colors identical to blood elves and that was called a day.

Classic Blizzard – baffling, vexing, a bit lazy.

21 Likes

Definitely. I figured blizz was going to do a half baked job to shut the minority of HE fans up. And it seemed to mostly have worked.

I’ll never understand half the decisions they make. But you keep being awesome Sledge :heart:

6 Likes

yeaaaah, a few would play them, compare that to 7% of the entire playerbase…(v11)