Core Race Pages updated - sigh

Don’t feel like reposting my takes.

They suck.

The way they’re framed, especially the Goblin one (especially when you compare to the Gnomes).

Baine’s description is more empty lip service with no action in the actual story.

Almost all the Horde race descriptions omit mention of the Horde at all; almost all the Alliance race descriptions center the Alliance.

Oh and the Draenei one is concerning, to say the least lmao

27 Likes

Orc Leader: To be Determined
Undead: Literally not even mentioned

At least Rokhan got some recognition.

19 Likes

Just give the man at least a custom RECOLOR if they’re unwilling to give him a new model

4 Likes

People read those?

3 Likes

Can I ask what you find concerning about the draenei update? I didnt see anything that really stood out.

3 Likes

It says they fled Outland, when it didn’t become Outland until after they left. It also says they seek a new destiny in the Light, when they always worshipped it

Edit: The first sentence is false.

16 Likes

The whole “new destiny in the glorious Light” bit

seems to be foreshadowing something, and there is the ever-present worry that when the Light Bad xpac comes around, the Draenei will bear the brunt of that narrative fallout instead of the Humans

31 Likes

Oh…Don’t know how I missed that actually :eyes:

3 Likes

When did they get updated?

1 Like

Honestly? That would just be terrible. It be more understandable that the humans were duped into thinking the light is entirely good. The draenei should be aware of the duality of things, with the Naaru having a Light and Void form.

17 Likes

dunno, but I’m fairly certain the old ones were around a week ago

3 Likes

And they just locked the Light crusade thread.

5 Likes

It’s a way to villain bat only part of the Alliance, potentially. We can’t have the HMP’s do anything wrong.

18 Likes

I don´t see any difference from the description…the same as the island introducions, atleast the n11 and humans and belf one…which one were changed?

Which honestly aggravates me to no end. Bad enough blizz ruined the Worgen in favor of the humans. Now their going to ruin the Draenei. Probably by making them all psychotic light worshipers

10 Likes

All his young life, Anduin Wrynn sought to use diplomacy and tact to avoid conflict. However, as he strived to end the bloodshed his allies faced in the Fourth War, Anduin learned the heavy price that freedom and peace exact.

Haha, this reads themselve really absurdly…

3 Likes

Oh, hmm, just noticed the Mag’har description;
‘For untold generations, the orc clans of Draenor battled one another in endless war.’
That’s a little bit more metal then the Orcs shamanic clans description.

12 Likes

Allied Race descriptions are the old ones, they already had this UI, they just updated Core Races

Ergo why the Zandalari and Kul Tiras one is stuck in pre-BFA times

3 Likes

The Gnomes are committed to the Alliance cause. The Goblins want to rule the world. Um, okay. Also, lol at using that stereotype, as well.

16 Likes

I mean, it fits the anarcho-capitalist character most of the Trade Coalition has.
Though yeah, might want to veer a bit away from ‘world order’ type tropes.