Core Race Pages updated - sigh

So let me get this straight. You wanted examples beyond portal trainers and some hunter quest involving a bow.

I provided said examples.

You have now shifted this to “okay but they could have been replaced with humans”.

You doing alright? Back feeling okay? Make sure to lift with the knees when you’re doing all this goalpost shifting.

9 Likes

I assume there’s a language barrier here by some of the phrasing, so I’m going to change some of my phrasing to reflect that.

To replace any race in the story, including high elves, you have to change things. That may not majorly change the plot, but it is still a change. Most plot points could be reached with differences in writing. High elves are relevant to the Alliance because Blizzard keeps using them. They could use other races, but in many cases, they didn’t. So that’s the story we have.

14 Likes

Yeah but that would lead them to the alliance which is my point, without the blood elf, the nightborn dont join the horde without massively change some of the suramar event or interraction.

Plus, night elf people were victim of other poeple being mana addict while both blood elf and nightborn are victim of their own.

While there is a bit a a language barrier, i normaly do fine. The fact that currently only have acces on my phone ( i hate writting on my phone) and not a computor is what cause my awefull writting right now.

The thing is with the HE, you dont even need to change the story or how the story happened at all to replace the. Dalaran and thunder island already had as many human as high elf. You doesnt even have to change anything to replace them. In suramar, the only distinction that was made was one sentence by one npc. Replacing them with dalaran human without changing anything. In bfa its even worst, they just do what ramdom npc mage can do.

I already prove how doing the same with other race do change to some point the story or how it happen.

I also hate the argument that people want them because they appear in game why the reason they appear in game is because people keep whining about them…

You do, though. Dalaran is a different story without high elves. Just as it’d be a different story without the blood elves (it could have been trolls as the Sunreavers and you could still get the same narrative results).

Most of the high elf additions were actually before the big forum stink about them, and that’s what started the requests. If Blizzard had chosen to use a different race in Wrath and left high elves as a very rare sight, I do not think we’d be having this conversation. But they used high elves and kept using them instead of other Alliance races. It’s unfair to blame that solely on players. After all, if complaining about something was enough to get Blizzard to change their minds, we would probably have a very different game.

15 Likes

Its frustrating because they could have picked literally any other race with ease, but no. They gotta involve freaking HIGH ELVES for some asinine reason.

Actually, I know the reason. The Devs calling the shots are WC2 Horde super-fans who’s only knowledge of the Alliance is a half-remembered campaign that they were drunkenly forced to play in order to complete the game.

13 Likes

At that point you’re discussing an alternate “what if” rather than the actually story we have. Even beyond speculation of future events, that’s more in the realm of discussing fanfiction instead of the lore.

8 Likes

Or they actually know what made the Alliance great in Warcraft 2/3 and have actually slowly built it back up. The entire events of Warcraft 3 having the Alliance slowly splinter was just a pretext to give it the ability to slowly rebuild the gang back up.

As of BfA the Alliance has most of its former members(sans Dalaran and Alterac, but who cares about Alterac). With even Stromgarde being rebuilt and Kul Tiras/Thalassian elves being playable.

Its seem like only high elf fanatic is the only thing thats left here. Its kind oflogic considering that high elfer and MHP are the only people that blizzard seem to care which also happen to be the most hated people on the forum…

Over 50 post about it and nobody have been able to prove in what the high elf are important…

But as zerde said, 2 of them hold a portal, 3 of them are a group on the island expedition so they are super impotant…

2 Likes

Vereesa has had an effect equivalent or larger then many of the faction leaders.

The high elves(and now void elves) have been used by Blizzard more times then even some of the playable races.

Lastly, it is funny you would think people are fanatical about high elves here. If anything, people just happen to be fanatical about lore here in general and the lore has been siding with how much Blizzard likes having high elves on the Alliance side.

3 Likes

I’m a lot of things, but I’m not a high elf fanatic.

I know my lore, I quest… I occasionally get Vareesa and Valeera confused and have to edit my posts. But neither version of short elf is my favorite, in game or in lore. Pointing out the existence of high elves in the narrative does not make me a big fan.

I’d be much happier to argue dwarf lore, but somehow it’s mostly the short elves that gets everyone talking. And talking about customizations, which, to be clear, are ABSOLUTELY important to me.

Dwarf summary on the Core Race page is a bit boring, but at least they didn’t use the word “stalwart” again. And my general feeling is that if it’s in a faction in lore (or even vaguely makes sense) we should be able to play some version of it.

Fel orcs and eredar, granted, are based less on lore and more on the way I want some variability in demon hunter races.

3 Likes

On this note, this is just one of those words that have always been used to describe the Alliance.

Stalwart, Stoic, noble, courageous. Yeah, these are Blizzard go to words for the Alliance.

2 Likes

At this point, I would like to take a break from my customary dunking on Blizzard to commend them for only using courageous as Vague Positive Adjective For the Alliance twice.

(Both on the dwarf page, but who’s counting?)

1 Like

lmao. There’s more to the Alliance than Human Potential™, and most Alliance races didn’t exist or were their own factions back then. There’s more to the faction than just existing until the Horde forces them to do something, which is why the dev’s clearly didn’t pay attention in WC2 or WC3. Especially WC3 since they managed to screw up even the Horde’s theme and lore in regards to that game.

13 Likes

And I never said there wasn’t. However there was always a “standard” to it, and it was at least the 7 human kingdoms, an elven, a dwarven and a gnome faction(and for the most part all the 7 kingdoms or whatever remained of the 7 rejoined the Alliance). Literally the gnomes were kicked out in Warcraft 3 just so there was an excuse for them to rejoin the Alliance and be more grateful for its support in their darkest times.

Yes, there is more to it but at the same time there is a certain foundation to it. To the point Tushui believe that there is a moral certainty to the world: one correct path of right and wrong(that is a pretty “stringent” belief). A neutral faction was shaped to have its belief system correlate to the Alliance’s ones.

1 Like

And now its a faction of servitor races living on the generosity of their human overlords. Funny how it doesn’t even share the same symbol of the old Grand Alliance.

Evil prevails when good men do nothing. Several races are shadows of their former selves because the Alliance did nothing. All the while the Horde was forced to drive the story points because the Alliance has no purpose for the writers except to exist until the Horde spurs them to do anything.

10 Likes

You guys should know better than to argue with Lenastus, he doesn’t actually know lore, he just ‘debates’ by repeating himself and going “lalala wrongwrongwrong can’t hear yooou” over and over.

To say High Elves haven’t been a presence on the Alliance since literally Vanilla is the height of contrarian ignorance.

Now, I’m of the mind that we shouldn’t have gotten allied races at all, and most of the options should have just been new customization features for core races. But that’s neither here nor there. I mean, hell, in Classic there was a High Elf parked in the petitioner’s chamber, and High Elves in Theramore before and after it was revamped in TBC.

21 Likes

A variety of Alliance members sat around a large empty breakfast table, literally doing nothing but read and re-read their menus. This had been going on for several hours now.

An orc with an axe burst in and ran up to them, waving his weapon around. “YOU SHOULD HAVE BACON, EGGS, AND ENGLISH MUFFINS FILLED WITH STRAWBERRY JAM FOR BREAKSFAST! WASH IT DOWN WITH MILK!” he bellowed.

The human jumped to his feet, drawing his sword. “HONORLESS HORDE BARBARIAN, YOU DARE SUGGEST BREAKFAST OPTIONS TO US!?” He turned back to the other Alliance members still sitting behind him. “Various non-human sidekicks, we shall have blueberry pancakes and hashbrowns with orange juice!” The dwarves, gnomes, elves and others made non-committal noises in mindless agreement with what their human leader told them.

22 Likes

The draenei aren’t there. They went out for takeout 45 minutes ago. No one has noticed or finds their lack of involvement strange.

18 Likes

And no one seems to care about where all the homeless doggos in SW went either.

1 Like