Copying meta doesnt make you good or skilled

How did I guess this was a Ralph thread without even looking?

Anyways I agree to an extent… I think people are too quick to just copy “meta” blindly without understanding because “popular streamer say this good” or whatnot. So it leads to this false sense of parroting things and then gatekeeping based on it without really understanding why it’s used and when and just assuming it’s something that is always to be done.

1 Like

Yea he really is impressively consistent with his nonscence spouting isn’t he. I have to admire his persistence.

1 Like

God I am SOOOOO glad I stopped taking this video game seriously before it was too late, lol

Overwatch is that way ----------->

What you fail to point out is that playing within +/- 5% of your maximum theoretical/sim dps is table ante for any serious end game. The guy who plays survival perfectly isn’t competing against bad BM hunters, he’s playing against BM hunters who also play perfectly.

The ability to gather and digest information is what makes the difference between a good player and a bad player, mechanical skill is what differentiates a serious player from a casual.

The reality is that someone who’s not using a meta build who also isn’t informing on the meta isn’t a unique and special player, they’re a stubborn Luddite.

Don’t get me wrong, this is a game and everyone should play what they want to play, but don’t pretend that you’re contributing all that you can to a group setting and definitely don’t try to superimpose some fantasy of superiority over those that do the research.

Flag, move on. Eventually he’ll get a vacation for being consistently awful and picking fights every day.

It is, however I think there is another component that gets lost in the mix: Just how insanely difficult it is to really understand a class and all the variables that go into making it perform. All of which is a symptom of how broken the game design is with borrowed power and procs.

I don’t think anyone really falls for Ralph’s bait. People just see his name, come in to call him a tool and then go to other threads.

1 Like

He’s never gonna get a vacation. The same mod keeps removing his flag despite him posting threads that would get ANYBODY ELSE banned tenfold.

2 Likes

Honestly it’s all cool if you can pull your weight, in legion I got told I wouldn’t be able to raid as outlaw and had to go assass, spent a few pulls being middle of the pack before swapping back to outlaw then stomp the damage meters

Then had the joy of telling them how wrong they were (keep in mind I had the legendary braces which were insane)

1 Like

I find it funny that you consistently call out the meta as “toxic” and call people that use meta specs as “meta slaves” yet your priest (aside from 1 talent) is almost a copy paste of what Icy Veins recommends.

You take almost all meta talents.
You take all meta azerite traits.
You take all meta essences.
You take all meta corruptions.

It’s hard to take you seriously, when you’re doing the exact same thing with your class.

Ralph: These min/maxer’s are toxic!!! But I’m going to follow these min/maxer’s advice almost to the letter…

I love the smell of a hypocrite in the morning.

1 Like

Good point. Annoying because it’s pretty much every single day that he does it. He’s not going to stop on his own.

Eh, tbh… at this point his threads are just entertaining.

I don’t understand the complaining

people have no power over you in this game at all. You can decide your character only uses grays for equipment and there is no player that can force you to change that.

If you change things you find fun to appease others and then be miserable about it later, that is on you.

1 Like

Oh a Ralph thread… Didn’t bother reading.

3 Likes

Of course, copying-to-win doesn’t make a player good or skilled. Neither does picking-to-win.

But as far as I can tell from the posts on this forums, a whole heck of a lot of players don’t care about being good or skilled, they just care about ‘winning’ and will grab any cheat (ie carries) or shortcut to that they can.

Personally, I will stick to creating my own characters and simply having fun.

You’re looking at it completely wrong.

If you are playing sub-optimally, you have to start by eliminating your variables. Variables like, chosing talents that can synergize with a build. Stacking secondary stats. Getting the right trinket.

All those things don’t make you worse, they make you better.

I main a guardian druid, I never run a meta comp.

does that mean I’m good???

Well said sir!

Well said i dropped my geared shadow priest for a boosted mage so much better already no regrets either!