Copying meta doesnt make you good or skilled

They do pretty good single target damage and decent multi target damage if the mobs have enough hp

But they play like hot garbage

1 Like

Right, but never let it be said that a true pro is a poster-boy meta conformist.

They deserve some applause, even golfclapping, for beating a game on Easy difficulty. But have they done it on Normal? Hard? Very Hard?

Believe me, I don’t give those who follow the meta any more distinction than what’s deserved. A “that’s nice” pat on the head and off they go. They think it’s challenging enough to beat the game on Easy difficulty faster and better than everyone else, never mind exploring Normal, or Hard, or Very Hard. That’s the nerve you struck. You made them feel smaller in a bigger universe of challenge.

2 Likes

Not saying you’re not good, and not saying that Feral is bad (unironically better than Boomkin currently lmao), but if a Fire Mage isn’t doing well above 50k that Fire Mage has absolutely no idea how to play Fire Mage.

Either that or they’re FotM Fire Mages that don’t have the FotM Fire Mage bread-and-butter pieces: triple BM, a Wildfire, Double On-Use, and Hyperthread.

1 Like

Pvp wise yes and I think pve wise they remained unused until WotLK but I may be wrong there

1 Like

This is ironic in this thread though because the OP is a dude that spams threads every day who uses not being meta by a single talent for his class to treat others like crap.

4 Likes

Your OP got flagged because it’s spam. You’ve made several of these anti-meta threads and it’s getting tiresome.

1 Like

This was more of a shoutout to our Spriest friends who want help haha

1. Is mathematically correct.

2. I would disagree with. A player who knows how can perform can also come in with a SEEMINGLY random build and still put out. An angry neckbeard might assume that copy-pasting the meta is all they have to do.

And then use the fact that someone else didn’t copy-paste as an excuse to be an jerkwad toward them.

2 Likes

spare a shoutout for hunters please! we went all alpha without a single change. T_T

I started playing my shadow priest for a bit the other day, I needed to catch him up

Got to the part where I was about to do the cloak quest and was already like “nahhhh you know what this feels like garbage”

They are a horribly designed class

2 Likes

The Meta shifts, from expansion to expansion. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Oh I believe hunters got a change

From what I can tell survivals focus regen rate got nerfed or something

Again implying following the meta makes you mediocore, read the OP

In your example you said they have similar gear yet sim differently and you implied that they lacked the information that X talent build is better, what I am saying that they could know but dont like how the spec plays with X talent, whenever that is justified would highly depend on differences, if we are reaching 20k differences yeah that is a lot.

And that’s where I lost you.

By fact is a bm hunter and feral are reaching similar percentages of their sims, the fereal is clearly the better player.

Playing the meta spec simply because you enjoy it makes you biased in this area because everyone knows BM is one of the easiest class to perform well on similar to dhs.
I can understand you might enjoy it, but often times it doesnt require as much skill as other specs.

Tell that to feral druids who put triple the effort of bm hunters/dhs for similar results.

So what you are saying is that a skilled player cares about nothing other than maximizing dps.

You are confusing skilled player with min maxer, skill is about class knowledge and performing well no matter what build or spec, min maxers might ignore fun, gameplay and would just push one button if it gave them 10% more dps.

1 Like

I love watching this show with my daughter

2 Likes

She-ra is unironically one of the best cartoons in the last 10 years. It is that good.

3 Likes

Which spec?

1 Like

Meeting or doing content with many people who play fotm specs yet perform worse than underperforming specs for years now.

So you’ve only got anecdotal data then.

2 Likes

And? You’ve made a gargantuan leap between “some players who follow the meta aren’t very good” and “everyone who follows the meta is a horrible person”.

1 Like

Most ridiculous statement I’ve seen on here. You mean to tell me not following the advice of professionals makes you mediocre? Because I don’t follow. Guess no one should go to college either because, you know, experts, what do they know?

You can follow the meta and still be mediocre, oh yes you can.
Don’t follow it at all and it’s a guarantee.

3 Likes