Cooldowns and Players

why are certain players cooldowns slower than other players>

I’m not entirely certain what you mean, Deshire. Do you mean character abilities and spells? Those can change based on talents and gear.

3 Likes

what I mean is I have timed all my cooldowns and they are cooling down 2 to 4 seconds longer than what the spell says

What is your latency at?

2 Likes

54 to 58 mis always stay in the green only time i get in the yellow or red is when someone messes with my game and that happens when i do bgs I think they are nerfing my connection down so I wil run sluggesh in bgs like over populating the files or doing the multibox in them to make the game run sluggish

who do you think is messing with your game?

What is sounds like is coming from your isp. I can pretty much guarantee there is not a malicious effort to cause you lag from Blizzard.

4 Likes

then explain to me when I am out just killing random npcs for gold why nothing happens like my my fps never drops down but when i enter a bg the first one i will run smooth in it but as soon as i get into another one the problem starts?

Well, it’s not because of malicious intent. Have you done a full UI reset? Sometime those files get corrupted and cause weird things to happen.

1 Like

yes delete the cache and interface and wtf folders I even went as far as deleting the data folder but i still get this problem like one warsong gultch i was in i was casting on this healer druid and my spells froze up mid cast

Are you running addons after you did the full UI reset? To get a baseline, you need to run the BGs with the default UI and a clean interface folder. Also are you running with Discord or 3rd Party Voice apps?

nope no addons as when i deleted the interface folder my few addons I was use’ing got deleted with that folder and why would someone use addons in a bg as them addons will interfer with the bg itself.

What are your system specs? What quality of graphics are you running also.

trust me my computer is not the problem here it is fast enough to handle this game and then some

It’s part of the trouble shooting process. What Video card are you running, the CPU you are using and how much ram you have? OS would probably help too.

If you think you found a bug, make a post on the Bug Reports forums

Just to let it be know - the blues here ain’t really able to effect in-game stuff or take bug reports/feedback. Better report such over here:

There are a number of factors involved. While out in the world the activity around you can impact your latency/fps, you usually don’t have a lot of players around you casting a lot of abilities/spells and even so, much of that is mitigated to help curb latency.

In a BG, it’s a different instance, which could mean the route to that instance may be a factor and often there are a lot of other characters clustering in a small area around you, using abilities/spells which can be graphically noisy.

Overall, you shouldn’t really see much of a difference between a BG and non-BG, but it happens. If it is impacting you a lot and seems to be a consistent issue I’d recommend visiting our Technical Support forum to see what troubleshooting steps you can try to help figure out what is happening.

The odds that another player is directly impacting your connection though is extremely unlikely. Unless you have provided your IP info to them, they wouldn’t be able to get it from our servers.

6 Likes

what if my cousin got the information off this computer and sold it on this game and yes that is illegal and against the terms of service but he has done that

Sounds extremely far-fetched. Why would anyone want to target you?

you do not know my family they have been jelious of me for years