Cooldowns and Players

Then you’ll need to take it up with your cousin…

1 Like

Got what information exactly? Your cousin wouldn’t have access to your password unless you gave it to them. Additionally, you should have an Authenticator installed if you are worried that you’ve provided your login credentials to family members (as well as changing your password which I’m hoping you’ve done already).

Account security is our responsibility as players.

Not sure how this has anything at all to do with the issue at hand either. Best not to confuse two completely different scenarios.

2 Likes

nope it is up to the world of warcraft game masters to make sure this type of things does not happen within this game trust me i said something to him about it he keeps denying it even tho he acted nervous as crap when i brought it up

No…

Read Perl’s post.

4 Likes

o.O

Game masters didn’t give your login information to your cousin. Again, why is this being brought up in this thread? Secure your account and don’t give them the login details or access to your authenticator.

2 Likes

if he could find his duaghter in laws password on her facebook accouunt he can get into anything by hacking this computer stayed at his house for over a year all he needs is access to this computer to pull info up and passwords off from it

Then his daughter in-law left her password somewhere he could find it or chose a password that was easily guessed. It also means that she didn’t have two-factor authentication setup.

Have your cousin hack my account. Let me know how it goes.

3 Likes

Yeah but why would another wow player want to directly target you? What do they have to gain by doing so - considering the consequences if caught.

If they’re doing something malicious, it’s not through the WoW client.

Guessing a password, if it’s easy to guess, really means nothing except they got lucky. Considering FB has very deep security, this would be the case.

You need to ask yourself seriously, why would another player want to target you this way. If they’re doing such a thing, you’d have more issues than just cooldown timing.

2 Likes

Unlikely, people tend to use simple passwords that are easily guessed especially Facebook, Unless you password protect your computer with a hardware dongle or keyfob code generator, anyone can find your passwords easily if they have physical access. You don’t need a black hat to do that.

I’m thinking it’s hardware, seeing how you won’t give the system specs I outlined earlier.

2 Likes

I use letters numbers and symbols so my passwords are not easily guessed and to reply to perl let him access your computer and he would have all your passwords if you want to i will set up the date for you 2 if you think you are that confident with your passwords this is why I am buying another computer because he has installed something on it that I am unable to locate

Not understanding the toxicity, we are trying to help, but your are refusing to work with us.

I don’t let ANYONE on my machine, unless I am there and I have a restricted guest account set up for that.

See how account security is your responsibility? I wouldn’t let anyone I don’t trust access my computer ever. If your cousin is such a terrible individual that they’re hacking accounts of family members, perhaps it’s time for their parents to intervene?

The irony to your idea of letting your cousin access my computer, is that they still wouldn’t have access to my two-factor authentication and would be unable to access anything of mine :wink:

2 Likes

not being toxic I have unistalled thiis game and reinstalled it so many times run all the diagnostics I coulod and I get the same results .the game works great for awhile and then I see the same problems resurfising as before

The kind of attack you’re suggesting on your PC is essentially nation-state quality.

I don’t think I’d worry.

I’m sorry, Deshire, but we have nothing to do with your computer and IP security. That is entirely in your hands.

Then again, I would encourage you to post in the Technical Support forum with your symptoms and what troubleshooting you have done.

1 Like

I’m still leaning on a hardware bottleneck issue. But seeing how you won’t even give us the specs to work with… it’s kinda pointless.

I’m still curious who would want to buy YOUR info - what makes you more appealing to attack? What motive? and for what gain?

Honestly, your story so far is awfully convenient and beyond far-fetched regarding the cause and motives.

There are many things that can affect cool downs, and often a lot more quantifiable than a bad movie plot :wink:

3 Likes

The information is thin, but slowdowns which occur only within battlegrounds hint at either an add-ons issue, or a routing issue related to the disparate connections related.

It could even be a traffic shaping issue somewhere, and I recall reading about some routers a decade back which mis-managed certain standards-compliant packets leading to performance problems.

2 Likes

I5 cpu 650 @3.20 ghz dell optiplex with a 1050 gpu oc edition

There are some much more cost effective measures that you can use instead of buying a new computer. For example, a complete format of your drive(s), malware searches etc. A format would eliminate just about any malicious software aside from things hanging out in memory (which malware searches would undoubtedly find).

Tech support would likely be the best option at this point for help with the issue at hand.

They’ll want to see a WinMTR test or DxDiag test results to be able to help pinpoint the issue, but you can find info on providing those here:

2 Likes