Convert Forum to BattleTag

Sorry but I’ll be doing that regardless. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t spammers also “know” my character name and server just by looking up “/who” or using an addon or whatever? How would they be distinguished?

Doesn’t work that way. Multiple people posted their BattleTags in this thread already. Give it a try. You cannot search for people’s characters with BattleTags. They also cannot see if you are online or on a different game because they cannot add you as friends without you adding them back. It is objectively more secure.

4 Likes

IrishDoll#1853

I like long walks on the beach and cheap vodka. I do not like to argue and if you’re opinionated and talk too much it’s over.

I’ve only gotten two requests and added one person

3 Likes

OK, I was referring to people who are on same server with you and send you random whispers inviting you to their guild and stuff. But, I misunderstood the topic then.

1 Like

You can block guild invites/wisps/etc. :upside_down_face:

You don’t have to be on the same server to whisper. If they know your character name and server they can whisper you as long as they are the same faction.

2 Likes

Not directly providing those additional numbers cannot entirely remove the problem and it can be the source of an entirely different problem in terms of distinguishing two forum users with the same name aspect BattleTag.

Actually no, I’m not making any assumptions there at all. You however are making some when trying to unilaterally declare why people might want to object your idea.

As I said: I don’t want you - and yes that means you in particular - to have access to my BattleTag; not even a fraction of it.

(Not) Tangible for “you” or for “me”? I’m fairly certain that you getting access to even a portion of my BattleTag would make a very tangible difference to me because that would equip you with the ability of finding “me” in other forums for other Blizzard products.

1 Like

oh new people have joined the carousel of madness!

Round and round and round we go when it stops no one knows!

3 Likes

As if I would even want to reach out to you personally. It doesn’t change the fact that having your BattleTag information would accomplish absolutely squat. I can’t track what games your are playing, I can’t whisper you, I can’t do anything with it.

You clearly have a misunderstanding about what BattleTags are and it’s limitations. You need to be mutual friends to do anything with it.

3 Likes

They can’t, you have to accept their requests for them to add you.

1 Like

Irrelevant

You might want to look up the meaning of “fact”.

So your personal inability (along with self-proclaimed non-interest in doing so) is “good enough” for you … but not for me.

I’m somewhat glad that you seemingly lack the required skills to do anything with such an information. Yet I still don’t want you to have access to even a fraction of my BattleTag.

No new requests yet :pleading_face:

Discord: Honeypot#5614 - case sensitive.

I want to see if a tOn of ppl are going to add and harass.

Hasn’t happened yet :rage:

3 Likes

A lot of words with no meaning.

As said earlier

How would Blizz code a website that they sub contract out to another company to program ?

2 Likes

He stopped replying after I explained that to him the 3rd or 4th time.

The typical respone of a person who had nothing but fallacious arguments from the beginning.

Thanks for “playing”

Sosari, no one is adding me.

Where are these harassers?

5 Likes

Yeah, sure. Whatever you say. People like you, the forum alts, are the only ones hung up on that last sentence of the OP. I wonder why.

The list of benefits of switching is tangible you can do all the mental gymnastics as you want.

What is intangible about this?

3 Likes

Hey if you don’t add a person as a BTag friend they can’t whisper your btag , they can’t follow you from games and guess what btag does not contain actual personal info like real name (unless you were foolish to use it as your btag) your email or anything that would make it possible to track you to harass you in rl .

5 Likes