Continued Diversity & Representation in Customization

Not me reading this going “its true its true I’m glad someone said it”

^^^ if we had something like this example as our options :raised_hands:t5:

3 Likes

:woman_shrugging:

It’s a fantasy universe, it works however they want it to. They were created through magic and that’s a matter of canon.

5 Likes

Just wanted to add that so are the brown and black skin tones for elves and dwarves and gnomes that they introduced for diversity and allowing players representation.

Them saying the options were long overdue and an oversight on their end settles that issue.

They’ve also said this how they’ve always seen Azeroth it just wasn’t reflected until now in game.

Out of all of Shadowlands this was one of their stances / sentiments that made me more hopeful for the future w wow.

4 Likes

i had such a hard time finding a shade of blue that matched up to me, and the horns ogawd the horns: like mine are like a mixture of swept back yet still pointed, and lets not even talk about how i still cant get find one that represents my body type 1 appendiage that has been the worst of it all. nothing really sticks out that suits me,

But i did order that pre purchase bundle which gave me the wings that when im driving in my car always seemed to get caught on the seat belt but man they make my eyes pop. its going to be great !!!

1 Like

how did ley lines of quel’thalas mutate blue and green highborne into peach, pink and tan high elves? how did the void turn some void elves blue? why are there different colored trolls? your question is not logical. hehe

4 Likes

It actually occurred before Quel’thalas was established.

Also… Green?

Turned them all blue. Alleria is the only non blue void elf.

My previous two statements do not change how entirely correct this statement of yours is.

Honestly once they made it clear they don’t accept lore as lore I gave up the convo with them.

1 Like

i really dont understand why people are against more skin tones, you either have some problems with other groups of people irl or you are vastly overestimating the development resources it would cost to add more in game

2 Likes

lemme see if i can find my green nightborne :smiley:

really? so the void elves that didnt get the rescue from full on void, are not void elves? did the devs say this or do i not exist ?

here we are

2 Likes

You know what the devs said on it.

In lore the void elves are blue. Alleria is the only unique one. I’d love for the devs to actually give that option by adding lore for it but they haven’t.

We’re getting off topic, forget I said anything. This thread is more important than elf discussions.

Hmm… Never seen it as green but it does have that sorta tint a little.

this? hehe
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/wyrmrest-accord/tealheal

1 Like

I suppose teal is what I’d call it as a shade of blue.

Still more diversity based options would be wonderful!

There’s this thing called alts. About 90% of my characters are elves. The first thing I did when the new customization was released was to change the skin tone of my most played blood elf to one of the light brown ones because it looked Mexican to me and I’m Mexican.

6 Likes

the comments here made me laugh pretty hard this morning lol tyty

/steals your bow

I would love for facial options for humans to not be tied to their skin complexions. It’s a long overdue step in the right direction but… two steps back to lock skin tones with particular faces.

2 Likes

Very good point to that poster

Also always nice to see you Hyper :dracthyr_heart:

2 Likes

That guy didn’t deserve your explanation, but you get a Grumbles™-baked :cookie: for your dignified response.

3 Likes

i’d like asian faces to look more asian. as is, they are nearly indistinguishable from non-asian faces. the artists seem to have gone with the idea of asian eyefolds equalling bigger eyes.

5 Likes

Very, very true.