Continued Diversity & Representation in Customization

It’s as much of a citation as is required to debunk what you’re saying. You’re claiming that fel usage darkens your skin. I have named you two fel users that are white. I can name you many more if you’d like.

If you are asking me to cite where it directly says verbatim in the lore that fel usage is not the source of dark skinned peoples, then that source does not exist - you will also find that the source that says fel usage IS the source of dark skin also does not exist. If one side asserts itself, it is on them to prove it - NOT the other side to disprove it. That is what proving a negative means, and that is what you’re demanding people do.

However, since we have seen fel users with both light and dark skin, irrelevant from how much fel they use, we can infer that (until said otherwise) fel usage is not the source of black people.

And once again I’ll ask - do you have an example of a white person who turned into a black person because of fel usage?

It’s not proving a negative.

At they very least, its been proven Felblood Elves also posses golden brown and tanned skin post Fel exposure.

Demon or not, they are still Elves.

On top of the source I gave to you.

This is all something you have failed to disprove.

Which furthers that before DF, they only existed in darker shades via the Fel.

You can’t prove a negative on something that is proven.

Which adds to my point of how their inclusion in DF is a diverse and positive step.

So yeah you trying to refute what I’ve proven. Puts that specific burden of evidence on you.

Like you do realize that you’re arguing with a stance that is saying the diversity skin options is a positive thing, right? Lol

As it’s been shown to you, these “darker tones” you’re citing is them turning red - as in they are turning into demons. That is not the same as the dark skin tones in question here.

We all understand that the skin tones added in SL (not DF) did not exist in game prior to it. Yet you are saying that they did, and were a product of fel usage - but what you are citing is not at all what we are talking about. Selin Fireheart is not a black blood elf, he is literally red like a demon.

You cannot claim you have proven something and just expect everyone to believe it. That’s not how proof works.

You keep dodging my question - do you have an example of a white person who becomes a black person due to the fel? Hell, at this point, I’ll take the name of a person who even becomes tanner due to the fel. The felblood elves are NOT proof of this, unless you’d like to say the Man’ari eredar are the black people of Draenei.

Some are red, other’s are Brown. Just showing the red ones. Is not refuting that. Lol.

What I’m saying, is that Darker Elves existed in the lore. The only place we see them is via Felblood situations.

Added with the Sylvanas line, which I am re-listening to in order to provide the specific quote. Re-inforces in a way.

So that, it should be considered a W for Blizz. That they IGNORE this from the past, and have just added in Black and Brown Elves with no ties to the Felblood or anything of the sort. That is what you’re arguing against right now.

That this isn’t a positive direction.

I’m not dogding it. You kept trying to deny my sources and called it “headcanon”. So until you can actually prove that what I’ve proved is wrong. I won’t be entertaining anything beyond the Sylvanas quote when I get back to it in the book.

Show me a brown one. Cause I’m looking at the Felblood Elf models, and they’re all different shades of red and grey/blue. None of them are black, or anything resembling the skin tones from SL.

I have. The Felblood Elves are the same as Man’ari Eredar and Fel Orcs - they are not turning into the skin tones added in SL, they are turning red like demons. The two are not the same.

If we want to disprove that fel usage turns you dark skinned inherently, there are copious fel users - Kanrethad Ebonlocke, Shinfel Blightsworn, Wilfred and Lulubelle Fizzlebang, Argus Wake enemies in Stromgarde, Invokers you can recruit from Legion campaigns, etc. - that are light skinned. We can safely say fel usage does not inherently make you dark skinned.

Can you provide the page please? The only place in lore to ever say that high elves or otherwise were only pale skinned and blue eyed was in the de-canonized TTRPG game, de-canonized because it veered too far from the devs real lore. This would be a wholly divergent take by that books author to long established lore.

I’d like to take a look at the page, and see whats being said myself.

Thank you.

This is in reference to their eyes… not their skin tone.

1 Like

Because the question was about their eyes.

They specifically also mention it is similar to Orc’s skin changing. Fel changing skin tone is not unheard of.

No. As I’ve already stated I only have the Audiobook. Which is why it’s taking as long as it is for me to get the exact Chapter and Timestamp.

When I get to it, I’ll provide the chapter and the dialouge, but thats it.

There’s a very good chance you either are misremembering or misheard to be honest.

No, but “all dark skinned elves come from fel usage” absolutely is, and it is verifiably untrue.

There is a 0% chance that if the book claims what you’re claiming, that people just glossed over it. There would have been a huge uproar over this tremendous step backwards. It’s almost certain you misread whatever it is you’re remembering.

1 Like

The complete absence of any dark skinned high or blood elves aside from a single character from an alternate universe in a book is all the proof you need that they didn’t exist prior to Shadowlands.

That, and general knowledge about the race’s origins.

• The well of eternity mutated dark trolls that settled near it into night elves.
  • Elven physiology is changed by the kinds of magic they are exposed to over long periods of time.
  • A group of these night elves split off from the rest of their society and their skin turned pale in the process because they were no longer exposed to the Well’s energies.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Founding_of_Quel%27Thalas

And let’s not forget Ion’s infamous “the horde is there waiting for you” quote and other iterations of that answer he gives when asked about playable high elves. He specifically refers to them as fair-skinned. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/254739285?t=01h01m24s

There’s plenty of context clues scattered all over the place that point to high and blood elves having always had light skin. At most it gets a bit reddish for the darker hues. Straight up giving them human black skin colors is jarring and nonsensical without some explanation of a source of magic that could change them overnight.

Even void elves, with as much of a lore asspull as they were, make more sense than black blood elves. Because they were exposed to a concentrated burst of void magic during a ritual intended to change them. Give some scenario where a group of blood elves were heavily exposed to like…Djaradin volcanic magic or something and the lore issue is solved.

1 Like

Sindragosa’s visage being a black elf will never make any sense because any changes that would’ve given high elves such skin colors(not that there’s even an explanation given for that) would’ve happened long after that simulacrum was made. Even if there was reasonable explanation given for why blood elves could have human black skin colors, Sindragosa’s visage being black would still not make sense.

1 Like

Can we please forget it?

Since so many people like you love to take it out of any context to try and prove stupid things. Like here, how you are once again trying to use a statement made before a change happened to point out that a thing being requested was already in the game and playable, not some sort of universal lore statement on the melanin-deficiency of a race.

So random stuff that you’re using to deny a pretty minor change that has no effect on the story?

Once again, I must remind you of Melanin. There, explanation granted.

2 Likes

He’s describing the shared physical characteristics of a race in the setting. It’s simply one of many of those context clues you completely dismiss in your next sentence.

Elves aren’t humans and their physiology is changed by magic exposure, so melanin is not a concept that in any way applies to them. It’s utterly irrelevant. Go troll somewhere else, moron.

No, he was responding to the request for high elves on the alliance by pointing out that they’ve been available since BC.

As opposed to skin color and the story of the game, yet here you are pitching a fit about it.

4 Likes

Eh? We’ve had those skintones for a very long time.

Yeah they’re saying its a temporary thing that effects the eyes. At no point in it did they mention Blood Elven skin tones. They brought up orc tones only as a reference to the concept of temporary fel based corruption. Orcs are already having new children born without the green tints.

You’re making an assumption that is not supported by the CDev response.

This would be enough for me to locate it thank you. Please tag me when you are able to provide that info!

This section does not indicate their skin turned pale. Just that it lost its violet hue.

He literally just says if you, referring to high elf fans, want to be the thing they’ve been asking for to choose a blood elf (Which was a poor choice of words imo cause no jerky thats gonna piss of those fans. lol). That isn’t saying they only have those tones. Even if he did adding these more broad skin tone ranges doesn’t change any lore, since none was written to state they were only those tones.

Its only jarring and nonsensical to you because you’re imparting a racial stereotype on a fantasy setting and its races.

Void elves changed their tone due to magic… Blood Elves can, as a humanoid human range skin tone race, just have them.

Being butthurt about it is the nonsensical part of all these arguments.

Hes describing the shared physical characteristics people usually were asking for with High Elves on the Alliance.

4 Likes

You’re an annoying person.

3 Likes

You do know there is actually no lore to state on that the Blood Elves or High Elves can’t have darker skin tones.

fair skin =/= lighter skin tones

4 Likes

People always use the “fair-skinned” spiel, but let’s be real; fair skinned does not automatically equate to white, it equates to good skin. You can be not white and have good skin.

4 Likes

Yup, but going into that whole explanation just leads into a huge ridiculous debate where they all scream about how they don’t know things.

Like the entire background of racism within the concept of “fair skin” is a whole damn thing.

4 Likes