Continued Diversity & Representation in Customization

Thats what i mean, why?

Like one was not enough?

This is actual trolling as defined in the COC.

1 Like

Again, you’re gonna need to cite this if you wanna put any credence to your claim. If you don’t have the book on hand to put words to your claims, then I’m sorry, but there’s no reason to believe what you’re saying. You cannot state that this is “fact” when you do not provide the lore to back it up - stating a vague location is not providing that, and quite frankly if you’re willing to take this staunch a stance, you should be willing to transcribe the book for us here verbatim. Many people don’t have the book. You do, even if it’s not a convenient copy to cite.

Also I fail to see how OP is acting unreasonable when asking for more diverse options. If blonde hair and blue eyes is this “echo chamber of beauty and perfection,” then that’s also a problem and completely warrants a request like OP’s. In fact, I would argue that if a deviance from the “norm” you claim like Lor’themar exists at all, then that then strengthens the notion that dark skinned elves have existed longer than the present day. She is literally pointing out something different from blonde hair and blue eyes, which immediately sets the precedent that not all elves are this, rare or no.

Because OP is saying that Blizz is obviously not diverse because they gave 4 darker options to a race. When they’ve been continuously adding in diversity.

It’s disingenuous on their end.

Take that up with Christie Golden, the same woman who brought us Lightforged Callia.

It was provided.

Didn’t say I wasn’t willing. I said I didn’t have the time yet to listen through hours of Audio book for an exact time stamp yet.

Sure. That’s like saying an Orc with green skin beinf rare among the first Mag’har, means blue orcs are thing.

The point of the lore mention, is that they’re expanding the lore to BE inclusive. So how can the OP say they aren’t inclusive.

It’s actually not.

1 Like

Ok, then until such time as you do, there’s zero reason to buy into what you claim. Nothing has been provided until you do that.

Barring the fact that Lightforged Calia has nothing at all to do with what is being discussed - Christie Golden having weird and questionable themes in her writing is nothing new, and the fact that Blizzard continues to use her lends credence to OP’s point. Adding 4 dark skin tones, then writing a book that does what you claim is a crazy thing for a company to do.

The lore mention is something that came out after dark skinned elves came out, and suggests (assuming what you say is true) that dark skinned elves have existed for less than a hundred years. If we take your words at face value, we have to assume that Blizzard added dark skinned elves, then went out of their way to devalue their existence in elven society. That is not inclusivity, that is taking active steps to not be inclusive.

Also blue orcs don’t exist. Dark skinned elves do. That’s a moot point, and it’s weird of you to compare the two.

If you want to be technical based on in-game sources and the retcon with the book.

Dark Skinned Elves came about as a result of Fel raditation that darkened their skin. It’s also how they got the green eyes. This was lore implied with BC.

The Sylvanas book emphasizes that before the fall of Quel’thelas the didn’t exist.

Meaning the player toon is effected by Fel changes OR they’re part Half Elf since alot of them bred with humans.

So the fact that Blizz is now taking steps to actually make characters who are Darker skinned Elves, is them being inclusive. Especially when Sindragosa’s Visage is a Darker Elf.

No, it’s not weird. Based on YOUR logic, that you just used to say that it implies to you they exist. Means that they game implies Blue Orcs exist.

This isn’t a one way thing. Either a blanket statment like that means other colors can exist, or it flat out says they dont.

This is false. Something has been provided the source material it comes from.

But I’ll be back with a timestap within a few days if nothing else.

1 Like

Every time I read these words…if you know you know.

Why don’t we let this thread stay dead this time?

Huh?

2 Likes

Cite this now.

If what you say is correct, Sindragosa’s visage being a darker skinned elf makes no sense, as she existed and died well before the fall of the Sunwell. If dark skinned elves only existed after this, then she would have no reason to use this visage - therefore, the Sylvanas novel reinforcing this makes no sense, and the logical conclusion is that it does NOT reinforce this, and you have misread the passage you are not citing.

If blue orcs existed in lore, and a Mag’har orc said it was odd to see a green orc because it was not a Mag’har skin tone, I would presume that blue orcs fell under the umbrella of possibility. Because I know blue orcs exist. However, they do not exist in lore, so I do not presume this.

Using the same logic, I know dark skinned elves DO exist, so I can assume that when Sylvanas says there is a deviation from blonde hair and blue eyes, they fall under that umbrella as well. It’s not about believing everything fathomable conceivable existing, it’s about knowing what DOES exist and understanding that the existence of deviances from a perceived “norm” includes those things.

If a human says “I am not from Stormwind,” then I presume they are from somewhere like Lordaeron, Stromgarde, Gilneas, Dalaran, etc, as these are established concepts that exist within the Warcraft world, and it stands to reason they are from one of those established locations. I do no presume that human comes from Ohio, because the existence of a non-Stormwindian background does not imply the existence of Ohio and an Ohioan background.

It’s not hard to grasp.

Also quite frankly, don’t bother coming back with a time stamp. Come back with the words from the book, that’s how citation works and I’m not interested in buying the audiobook.

2 Likes

This whole thread, just please let it die… or at least tell me why this has to be a thing…

2 Likes

I already bapped em with a newspaper same with a tauren.

The necro has been newspaper bapped.

Oops I didn’t see this I’m sorry I’ll be quiet now ._.

1 Like

boops

You’re all good.

1 Like

Because this thread was linked in the other thread and the person who necro’d it didn’t know how old it was, they just saw the link someone else provided and commented from there.

It’s a mistake. The dude even said so:

3 Likes

Even if a mistake, it’s always a good idea to check the last reply date.

3 Likes

Remembers when Kaivax necroed a 4 year old thread

3 Likes

That silly Kaivax.

1 Like

https-//wowpedia-fandom-com/wiki/Ask_CDev#Ask_CDev_Answers_-_Round_3

From Dev Answer Round_3:
“The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel’Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. Like the orcs’ skin color, such an effect would take a very long time to wear off. Fel magic works a bit like radiation in this sense; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way.”

The Blood Elven magisters rebuilt Silvermoon with Demonic Energies for power and the fel raditation permated the city. Even those who haven’t used Fel got tainted.

https-//www-youtube-com/watch?v=732xizkqfZk&t=645s

• 10:44 mentions the golden eyes from the Sunwell.

Blue eyes are their default natural eye color.

No lore has been given about Amythest or Violet eyes. But players got them due to an eye color glitch High Elves had. Also in the new Warcraft 3 we see them with Arcane Purple and Pink eyes now. So it’s assumed Blue, Light Purple, and Light Pink are natural eyes.

There was a Dev tweet somewhere I’m struggling to find that talked more about how not all Belves did Fel. So it’s more radiation for most of them. Granted Christie Golden put out a book saying Blood Elves were addicted to Fel. Which sure some were, but not all. So it seems odd to know for sure.

The Felblood Elves are in game the only darker skinned High Elves, with browns and even reds for skin tones. We also know that Felbloods who reformed themselves became Demon Hunters.

But Lor’themar welcomes all his kind to Silvermoon beyond Void Elves. So it’s possible that Felblood Elves are chilling in the population again.

Given the confirmation of Fel doing similar stuff to Elves that it did for Orcs.
It’s implied from BC that originally darker skinned Elves came as a result of the Fel darkening your skin as we’ve seen with other races like humans as well.

Assuming they were half elves. Which I mean, every Windrunner Sister married a Human and had Half Elves (aside from Sylv who had no kids). Various other sources also mention that a lot of the Elves like humans. Kael’thas even wanted Jaina.

So as to state earlier, including these darker elves in the game as NPCs, and not directly tieing them to Fel or potential Fel corruption is a more inclusive and diverse thing to do.

Humans I dont belive existed at the time of the Dragon Ailes and High Elves certainly did not. Infact Night Elves weren’t a thing yet either.

But Neltharion already had a human form, as shown in the Forbidden Reach.

Sindragosa’s Simulacrum was made long before the Sundering. Meaning the fact that their inner selves are anything but trolls, is a sign that they knew of future races. Sindragosa being a Dark Elf makes as much sense as Neltharian’s Visage being a human at the time.

The point is that they made a High Elf form with her blue eyes. That was a Darker Elf. So they’re including them into the world. Which is inclusive.

Alright, when I return with it. I’ll return with the quotes as well.

1 Like

Literally nothing you just cited evidences this, and literally nothing in game does this with humans as well. Everything you just posted was about eyes, not skin. You have not proven anything, you have just explained your headcanon.

Also let’s be real here - adding four dark skin tones two decades into a game’s life span is inclusive, sure, but they’re far from done. Are some of the choices they’ve made diverse? Sure. Do they still make many questionable choices, like this mystery book that deconfirms the existence of black blood elves you DESPERATELY want us to believe exists? Yes.

So no. The point you’re trying to make is pointless, and OP’s point still stands - they have a ways to go, and trying to put a stopped on it is odd.

The Fel literally is shown to darken and tan human skin. It’s been thay way since like TBC at least.

Try again.

No, it’s not headcanon.

The Devs literally say just how Radiation turned Orc skin green. It effects Blood Elves too.

Wrong again. We visually see said Elves with darker skin in TBC, who are all Felbloods.

Lmfao bro. It’s not a mystery book.

Also:

I NEVER tried to stop more skin tones.

Ive only ever pointed out the levels of increased diversity they’ve added. As a POSITIVE because OP overe acting like a baby, saying they’re not diverse because their skin tone is there. Mine isn’t either.

1 Like

No, cite it.

This was reflected in their eyes, not their skin. Nowhere in your citations did something directly say that the fel affected their skin tone. Otherwise, it stands to reason they should have turned green like the orcs.

Give me an actual citation that directly says that dark skinned blood elves are a product of fel corruption. Not an “implication,” a direct citation.

So long as you do not have the citation on hand to back up what it says inside, yes it is. It is a fictionalized version of the real Sylvanas novel that you interpreted, and I’m positive when (if at all) you post the quotations from the book, it will not be what you say it is.

All of your arguments hinge on “it’s implied,” when really it’s just coming off like your interpretation of something that’s not implied at all. You need to back up your assertions with facts, not vague “we saw in x” statements.

You Cite to me, where it says Fel corruption and mutation ONLY effects one part of you?

Because EVERY race that gets it. Gets green eyes and skin changes. Humans, Elves, Orcs, Eredar, etc.

So why don’t you back up yourself for once?

Also, my citation literally references Orc skin changes as a direct correlation to the radiation Blood Elves experience.

Seems odd to try and ignore it for your own gain.

Go watch the Warcraft Movie, or see almost any WoW raid boss who gets effected by a power source and their skin changes.

Both show case this.

Seeing something in lore or the game. Is a FREAKING fact.

Otherwise saying you saw a Black Blood Elf in game, means thats fake.

The leaps you’re going to.

Smh

1 Like