Continued Diversity & Representation in Customization

Is this also supposed to be an insult?

I feel like this is some word scramble meant to ? signal some sort of insult

While I didn’t find it insulting I do recognize that you tried to do so.

But to answer your comment beyond that, why does representation and diversity bother you? Why does that equate needing to change games? It’s certainly not I that needs to go anywhere because as I put in my OP

I gave a source for this quote so it is on Blizzards radar my point was simply to make sure they don’t think the job is finished because it’s not.

1 Like

Look, customizations are available to all players. They’re useful to PvPers, mount farmers, RPers, that guy who uses WoW as a glorified chat box like it’s 2007 still, the three men playing very attractive and underdressed female toons in your raid group, the bank toons who seem to be a little too committed to the goblin schtick, and EVERYONE ELSE.

I don’t think anyone is saying customization is the most important thing in gameplay… But it’s universally useful.

1 Like

I am however saying that within that idea of wanting customizations that options that allow better representation for players is important

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Anything that helps people better create the character they envision is a step in the right direction.

…Besides, honestly, human and blood elf hairstyles are both not great.

5 Likes

Don’t see why it would there were plenty of white guy 'fro’s in the 60’s.

Everyone plays FANTASY games to enjoy being what they are in Real Life. No Exceptions!

It says so clearly in … THE MESSAGE!!!™

I don’t give a fudge about representation. I’m open to more customization as long as it’s proper to the lore.

5 Likes

tbf they were almost universally perms, not afros.

On a personal note about hair styles I’m after something like this

Also as far as skin tone representation I’m after something between option 11 and 12 on BEs but honestly there should be a compliment of ten medium skin tones and 10 darker skin tones just like there are 10 Eurocentric looking ones. And I’d like to extend that to Kul Tirans / Dwarves / Gnomes as well ie: the human skin toned races.

4 Likes

Hahah, that looks a lot like my actual hair, except mine’s a bit more reddish (and silver, these days).

And nothing like anything in game.

Which is why a few more options would be great. There’s not really many options for medium curls. It’s all wavy and then there were some (deeply appreciated) super tight curls added in for humans. And the braids and dreads options are… Almost nonexistent. Even though they’re pretty forgiving to model.

2 Likes

There’s never enough customization. The more the better. It makes everyone happy.

5 Likes

Humans got updated to include styles/cultures that exist on earth. The other races mentioned do not exist on earth.

Blizzard has said diverse options for the purpose of representation were long over due and how they have always seen Azeroth.

That Blizzard has already started the representation that’s being talked about in this thread is important because it makes your argument or what ever point you think you’re making moot.

What matters to me is that they continue because there is disparity between those options and others.

2 Likes

I’m saying a probable explanation why the human customizations evidently had a higher priority than the non-human customizations.

More customizations is in general good, but for most of Dragonflight’s development, there were bigger issues to solve.

I just wanted to say I found this example on twitter and I absolutely love & wish we had options like this

https://twitter.com/mysticpotionart/status/1298275026672680961?s=46&t=1Dk_i9JQxI_a96V4uAvAZw

5 Likes

They should also fix some of the braided hairstyles they added for humans. They’re missing the hair in-between the braids. No human irl has hair like that :confused:

4 Likes

Oh for sure! Someone was mentioning that too earlier and it is imo very annoying that some of the few instances / hair options like this haven’t been done well

3 Likes

^^^
Honestly Lann said all that needs to be said to those two.

Having the option to play a character closer to what you are in rea life is no worse, better or different than having the option not to.

You don’t have to use the options and no one is forcing you.

But for those who do desire more diversity and representation this is a very important thing.

That would be amazing to have and see. I hope they do that.

More hairstyles (and hopefully better rendered) for all types of hair would be very much appreciated.

None of the races in WoW exist on earth. They exist on Azeroth, Draenor, Argus and many other worlds. But none of them are Earth.

Humans from WoW came from rocks.

Blizzard has no need to restrict anything like that in any way shape or form.

Old God’s I want that so bad!

4 Likes

there’s a mohawk.