Continued Diversity & Representation in Customization

Very much this

Just wanted to add that while I made this thread w the human skin toned races / options in mind that this convo reminded me

We never got options like this for Draenei, and I think this is a path that extends to the non human skin toned / fantasy races

10 Likes

Iā€™d wager thatā€™s popular opinion anywhere outside these boards.

7 Likes

I mean, speaking of fantasy diversity, it genuinely annoys me that all mechagnomes have access to is human natural colored hair. And not, like, even, unusual tones for humans.

What is even the point of being a gnome without bubblegum pink or magenta or (dare I dream) fuschia?

6 Likes

agreed

1 Like

Just adding to this bcz I saw gnomes feel like regular gnomes too have a small selection of a range of skin tone options. They have 8 total (?)

1 Like

Gnomes in general are pretty lacking.

I really enjoy the eye color being uncoupled from the face on them, because gnomes have such large eyes for their faces and itā€™s a very important feature, but for the OFFENSIVE WEAPONIZED WHIMSY race, their options are a littleā€¦ sedate.

This.

Honestly while the human toned races definitely still need more representation and to have that expanded both in skin tone and other things like hair and jewelry options for body 1 and body 2, there isnā€™t any reason that similar concepts cannot be expanded on races that do not have human skin tones.

LFD for instance could use some darker colors like the above, you could have newer shades of goblin or orc as well and so on with other races.

While those races may not correspond directly to a real life tone, their individual racial colorations and shades could still show some level of the same expansion of representative concepts. I know many who see things like that as analogous for those races as they are to expanding dark skin tones for humans. I think what I mean makes sense thereā€¦

Point is this concept of diversity and representation doesnā€™t stop at human skin tones.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s why itā€™s a terribly bad show

7 Likes

:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

My favorite NB face is locked w a scar which I do not care for myself

Very much agreed.

I think because I donā€™t play past Blood Elves, and the situation w Blood Elves diverse options having a disparity is something that catches my eye as an issue w Kul Tirans / Humans / Gnomes / Dwarves (ie: the other human skin toned races) it as an issue / concept is a lot easier for me to discuss, but yeah I want to make clear I support concepts like the Draenei one above etc as well

3 Likes

I want make-up and jewelry and male and female characters.

3 Likes

That was another thing that I found odd

On NEs the body tattoos is something guys could use but not female characters. But female characters had jewelry options that guys didnā€™t get?

The same problem was replicated on BEs minus the tattoos though since we didnā€™t get tattoos but the jewelry is only useable on female characters.

Nightborne they did imo get right both models get jewelry and tattoo options.

But none of the above mentioned ones for example is a step in the right direction for helping people facilitate better representation, hence why again I kind of was willing to extend a grace period for Blizzard during SL but now that SL is up I am kinda like okay the commitment to options to help facilitate representation kinda needs to be an ongoing thing.

4 Likes

I would love to see more curly or textured hair in general, not just for the human-ish species.

3 Likes

I would like both of the hair options in this lol

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a gnome 'fro mentioned in early questing.

That means itā€™s canon and I need it as an option.

1 Like

Lots of uhā€¦ oppression Olympics going on hereā€¦
Iā€™m surprised blizzard hasnā€™t adjusted it so you cannot have dreadlocks etc w/ white flesh. Isnā€™t that culture appropriation or some made up nonsense as well.
I mean they already pallet changed one of the dragons didnā€™t they? What more could you ask for.
The same people whining about diversity in wow are the ones who attacked the devs of FF16 for saying there was only gonna be white people in it.
good lord. grow up.

What is the most important thing for the next expansion sir? gameplay?

No. FLESH COLOR.

6 Likes

Your dismissal of the importance of representation and seeing diverse options to achieve that representation doesnā€™t negate its importance to myself or others.

5 Likes

Ok zoomer!

1 Like

I mean I am Gen z but if youā€™re saying that as an insult lol

At least people being allowed better representation and more diverse options for their characters isnā€™t something bothering me but something I want to see more of.

2 Likes

lol. I thought all the zoomers were in FFXIV. 90% of FF are soy. Wow is usually old late 20ā€™s+ boomers.
maybe you should head there instead.

2 Likes