Continued Diversity & Representation in Customization

Just stop please! We play games to get away from real life wokeness.

3 Likes

ā€œWe play games to escapeā€ā€¦yes, but that cuts both ways. Some of us play to get away from real life prejudice and discrimination.

3 Likes

I am originally from Mexico, and I get tired of people saying they are discriminated against. You want to see true oppression try living in El Salvador or Guatemala, people here donā€™t realize how good they have it and NO people arenā€™t discriminated against on a daily basis.

The majority of people are kind and it is rare when you run into someone like that. As a hispanic people have treated me with kindness and in the 40+ years I have been in America I can count on my hands the amount of times someone was racist or discriminated against me.

1 Like

You should know how colorist and racist Hispanic people are then. Itā€™s deeply engrained in our culture. Just look at novelas and our media and crap. Itā€™s mostly light-skinned hispanic people.

Itā€™s not a competition. Even a little bit of racism shouldnā€™t exist. There are always ways to improve.

3 Likes

Stop it! How many hispanics do you know? And I take offense to you implying all light skinned hispanics are racist. These are fictional characters for crying out loud. There are racist people out there I understand, but making a fictional character resemble your skin tone wont change that.

Great. But you donā€™t get to dismiss all those who have had different treatment. In America, people are still murdered for being black, being gay, being trans. For being female and saying ā€œnoā€.

4 Likes

Dude, Iā€™M MEXICAN living in an area where Hispanic people are probably the second largest population after white. Iā€™ve had experiences with my own family and those around me that show, yeah, hispanic people can be racists like anyone else.

I never said that. The fact that Mexican media often features white hispanics rather than darker latinos is just a small example of colorism.

Yeah, so it shouldnā€™t matter what skin color they have.

It sure as heck will upset them tho, lmao.

3 Likes

No they arenā€™t, stop please this isnā€™t true! Are you implying that people randomly kill minorities and women for no reason? Really?

This country is the most tolerant it has ever been and to a fault. Why do you think so many people are coming here in droves, because people are racist? Give me a break!

Everyone in every race can be racist and no creas para nada que cononoces mexicanos! How do we know the skin tone of a FICTIONAL character, dude Orcs and Elves arenā€™t real. My family is brown and some of my cousins are very dark, I have never seen otros treat them differently, why do you make this stuff up?

i try my best to be a good white ally to all of my latinx friends

Extend a grace period? WHAT! Why should Blizzard cater to what YOU want, my god this is a game meant to be PLAYED. Like do you really log on and spend time dissecting every tattoo and jewelry that a class or race can wear?

For the life of me where do you find the time?

Just a heads up but most of us hate the term

Latinx

We donā€™t know who came up with it but we despise that word.

i know thatā€™s why i like to say it in bad faith :smirk_cat:

You meanie you! :rofl:

Yes, and that includes hispanic people

SOY MEXICANO. Toda mi familia es Mexicana. Una gran parte de la populacion de mi ciudad es hispana. :man_facepalming:

I have no idea what you mean by this, tbh.

My family varies a lot in color, and my darker family members arenā€™t treated badly but they definitely get comments. Donā€™t lie to me and try to say yā€™all havenā€™t pointed out skin differences.

Iā€™m glad that people are switching over to latine which makes much more sense.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know what kind of rock you live under, but it absolutely is true. The Department of Justice keeps statistics on hate crime. And no, Iā€™m not saying ā€œfor no reasonā€. The reason is prejudice.

I find it difficult to respect someoneā€™s opinion when they think itā€™s possible to be tolerant of minorities ā€œto a faultā€.

3 Likes

Latinx does not make sense and if you did know others you would know that we hate the term. Bottomline is Orcs and Elves are fictional characters in a freaking VIDEO GAME! Which means we donā€™t know if they are a darker or lighter skin tone, my god the things people look for is astounding, like you must have a lot of time on your hands.

Like for real imagine creating a new toon and thinking to yourself

ā€œThere needs to be more diversity and skin tonesā€. If people are thinking about that then maybe they arenā€™t actually playing the GAME.

No it isnā€™t true! I donā€™t live under a rock I just donā€™t look for things to be offended by. I have lived in Texas, Kansas, and Nebraska and some of my best friends are white, and if you believe everything the government or the internet tells you then you are being played.

This country is extremely tolerant, do you think people are coming here in droves because this country is racist. Sick and tired of people bashing this country, my parents immigrated here with nothing, and if not for this country who knows where we would be.

That is what drives me crazy is when other people try to speak for me. I understand exactly how you feel it is downright offensive when people try to say I am being discriminated against or I need help to get an ID because of my race or skin color.

Now we have people saying hispanics are just as racist, my god what!

Thereā€™s a reason I said I like that people are switching to LatinE. I like being inclusive of nonbinary people.

Itā€™s not known? Okay cool, weā€™re gonna say they have a whole huge range of light to dark :slight_smile:

Oh I am, I just like the customization aspect because I like making pretty characters. Also, looking at how much Iā€™ve done vs your hunter looks like Iā€™m actually the one playing the game. :flushed:

Anyways, Iā€™m done with this person. Back to listening to this partial Korean cover of ā€œDirecto al Corazon.ā€ This Korean dudeā€™s Spanish pronunciation is amazing!

3 Likes