Continued Diversity & Representation in Customization

Kafka Trap. You’ll do anything but acknowledge what I ACTUALLY said. Anything to shove me into that little box. Seriously. Just stop.

3 Likes

Hamfisted diversity is just whatever you disagree with politically, is it not?

2 Likes

eh… the problem with skin tones is that, its quite often used to distinguish between elf sub species.

Like would nightelves still be nightelves if they got a pale skin option?

Night elves have pale skins, even some pink based ones.

3 Likes

Imagine counting skin tones in a video game for every fantasy race and making demands. Weird obsession :rofl:

4 Likes

Why would anyone be triggered over adding more customization options for all races?

6 Likes

Because “muh lore” and “muh immersion” which only seems to be a factor with darker skintones for races with human skintones.

8 Likes

They have existed since vanilla. Blizzard expanded those tones in SLs, though not enough imo.

And if that’s your threshold for condescension I’m pretty sure I’ll beat that record several more times. Lol

Kinda tagging onto this, historically people of several cultures travel and were known across the world much earlier and consistently than it would seem.

If Blizzard did want to go with adding cultures to fill aspects of this there is no reason to hold back until those cultures are made.

Imo it’s better to expand it sooner rather than later.

I saw them first in Northshire Abbey. In vanilla.

4 Likes

Incorrect.

1 Like

If I’m not wrong, most games share their cosmetic options. Feel like it’d be pretty cool to have shared hairstyles/jewelry/tattoos/paint/flowers/vines and let people do what they want.

But that’s also me just replaying CoH and being overwhelmed with all the customization options for my superheros lol

2 Likes

I just have to laugh at anyone using the “muh lore” defense at this point. Blizzard doesn’t even care about “muh lore” anymore and hasn’t for YEARS.

So yeah, I definitely agree with you on that one.

2 Likes

The lore being of poor quality doesn’t make it not exist. Asking for a paragraph doesn’t make people some sort of x or y.

1 Like

As a nelf fan, I feel like being ignored from now on lore wise would be for the best.

1 Like

If you have an issue w what you said then that’s your issue, because I’ve done nothing but question you using your exact words which speak for themselves.

This was your first post in the thread. You seem rather bothered that people want options to facilitate better representation.

You tried to compare people wanting better representation to people being allowed to curb toxicity in game. In an attempt to I think speak to some point about your “immersion”.

And then this one speaks for itself as well. A clear either disdain, annoyance, or lack of understanding of the need for representation.

Your words if you don’t like them then shouldn’t have been chosen by you? Like if I said something and was bothered by everyone taking issue w what I said the issue doesn’t lay w everyone else the issue would be what I said.

4 Likes

What’s especially funny is they came up with their own guesses for why we can breathe in Outland and how we just happen to have the same type of air across three planets, but needs blizz to hold their hand and walk them through skintones or immersion is broken.

6 Likes

This is what’s sus to me, coupled when people try to diminish the importance of continued representation.

It’s one thing to do like the example I gave from Baal where he was seeking better written story. But that doesn’t get to be used as an excuse to stop or talk down to people who want more representation w new customization in the mean time.

No one’s immersion has been broken because black and brown people can have options on the races w human skin tones.

5 Likes

Uhuh. Okay. Sure.

I may or may not bother responding. Based on how much you waste my time.

I don’t care. I’ve dealt with him. I’m dealing with you now.

Oh good. Let’s go look at Northshire Abbey. It’s like… 5 seconds away from Stormwind. This won’t take much of my time. Maybe they added a bunch of non-white people since I quested there last. Let’s go find out. Should take me all of a minute or so to get to from where I left my main in Maldraxxus.

(Logs in. Portals to Oribos. Portals to Stormwind. Flies to Northshire Abbey.)

Okay. I just looked over EVERY NPC in Northshire Abbey (and just to be on the safe side, the area surrounding it). You know how many non-white characters I found?

None.

Brother Sammuel the Paladin Trainer has a tan. That’s it. The rest, from the vendors to Marshal McBride are all whiter than rice.

1 Like

Literally been a skin tone for it since then.

Ah, I’m sorry my liege, I didn’t mean to offend you so. How ever could I?

Now whose the presumptuous one. I was talking to them not you.

I’ll be honest that’s on me being too quippy. I was referring to my own toon I made back then.

Stormwind had npcs with that tone at that time though if you really want to dig.

I just think it’s really ridiculous you need anything more than has been provided for you?

In vanilla it was a skin tone, that was found on npcs and available to the player, it’s since been actively expanded by Blizzard with a note about how they intended for such things to be standard.

(this time I am talking to you, dartt)
I honestly wonder how you square with this but have a problem with expanding skin tones or other diverse customization options?

Blizzard hasn’t even commented on why there is just air everywhere, but they have commented on adding more diverse options.

2 Likes

If you need a paragraph to explain why dark-skinned humans should exist, there’s a problem and it ain’t with the dark-skinned humans existing.

2 Likes

Uh. By wasting my time? Like… by arguing in circles? Making statements that you can’t or won’t back up? Such as the following!

Now contrast that with…

Perhaps I was unclear. Let me rephrase: Where are these non-white human NPC’s?

Again. Replied to that already. If you want to know how I squared that circle, go back and look for my response.

No. They haven’t. Not recently. And you’ll notice I’m not going out of my way to sing their praises where Story and Worldbuilding is concerned. They’re more concerned with ticking boxes than building a game world that isn’t such an eye-rollingly absurdist clown-scape.

Oh pardon me. Sorry… (By the way, this tune started playing in my head. This is self-satire by the way. I’m not being serious.)

1 Like